***The Official Rangers vs Sheep Thread***

Gaz52

I thought the players were fine, all except Healy who was a man short as was Wallace, but no way is it their fault, they dont pick the team and their ability is limited for different reasons. Lees no winger and Healys no footballer.

Ally has learned fuck all from the Falkirk/Malmo/Maribor shambles.

Its true to a degree, we played some decent passing football at times tbf, but we haven't had a cutting edge in front of goal for a long time now, everyone can see it except it seems the management team at Ibrox. Healy might have been a decent enough striker in his day, I dont know never paid that much attention to him before, but he has no pace, no skill and quite honestly isn't good enough and should never play for us again.

But on the other hand, it shouldn't take for us to go behind before the players wake up, and although McCoist has to take the blame for tactical naivety, the players have to shoulder that blame. The SPL, whatever way anyone tries to kids themselves on, is a pish poor excuse for a football league and if we can't beat these teams.. fuck knows what we can do.

Its true to a degree, we played some decent passing football at times tbf, but we haven't had a cutting edge in front of goal for a long time now, everyone can see it except it seems the management team at Ibrox. Healy might have been a decent enough striker in his day, I dont know never paid that much attention to him before, but he has no pace, no skill and quite honestly isn't good enough and should never play for us again.

But on the other hand, it shouldn't take for us to go behind before the players wake up, and although McCoist has to take the blame for tactical naivety, the players have to shoulder that blame. The SPL, whatever way anyone tries to kids themselves on, is a pish poor excuse for a football league and if we can't beat these teams.. fuck knows what we can do.

That lack of cutting edge is the managers fault. The lack of options up front is the managers fault. That long ball is the managers fault.

We could try employing a real football manager.

We MUST sign 1 or 2 strikers before the window shuts.

We really lack a predator in the penalty box.

said that when ally had taken on the job if we dont bring in a couple of out and out strikers we might struggle when the injuries and suspensions start to mount up

and it certainly looks like that might be the case.at the start we had brought in far too many midfield players and it looks like we might end up paying for those decisions.hope not though

That lack of cutting edge is the managers fault. The loack of option sup front is the managers fault. That long ball is the managers fault.

We could try employing a real football manager.

We could.. but I wouldn't go holding my breath if I was you. Although as of yet we actually dont have any idea what the chairmans feelings are and how twitchy he is over the red sacking button.

Really disappointed with that result, corner after corner and chance after chance and we still couldn't score. Need a clinical finisher in fast!

Don't forget, they were 4 points behind us not so long ago and clawed it back so it's our turn now. Ally needs to get a grip with his players though. He's playing most of them out of position and the ones he bought in the Summer aren't getting a sniff. They did at the start of the season, all be it we were crap domestically but we were also impressive in the league at that time.

We have actually played a lot worse than that this season and won. :disappointment:

The strange thing is we are actually creating more chances and playing better football without LM in the side but our finishing has let us down again today although to be fair the Aberdeen keeper had an outstanding match, Still , we need to be far more ruthless in front of goal if we want to kill teams off.

The good news is we can still win this league but the truth is this result has made that task much more difficult and far less likely. :anguish:

Really disappointed with that result, corner after corner and chance after chance and we still couldn't score. Need a clinical finisher in fast!

Don't forget, they were 4 points behind us not so long ago and clawed it back so it's our turn now. Ally needs to get a grip with his players though. He's playing most of them out of position and the ones he bought in the Summer aren't getting a sniff. They did at the start of the season, all be it we were crap domestically but we were also impressive in the league at that time.

aye but they are improving we are not

also they dont have to sell anyone, where as we quite possibly do

That game played again we could have easily banged in 4, was not to be as everyone is fully aware. We need a striker(s).

Team on a whole played well created the chances never took them.

David Helay struggled but made a glorious chance for himself when got the ball at his feet near the end of the 1st half. That is his strength, but we do not play to that strength.

Lee Wallace struggled, again asked to do a job that he wasn't signed for after all we paid that money for a full back

Steve Davis nothing 1st half , came into it a bit 2nd half. But his dead ball play is woeful.

Aloku, played well and we did play the ball a lot to him 00000042.gif But we need two wingers like that, if anyone who looked at the vid on forum v Bayern with Wee Bud and Tommy Maclean can see what that does to a team.

Gregg Wylde hurts me to say because i know his dad and when he was a boy. But come on all pace and really find to hard to see what else.

Edu excellent, the tackling has come into his game. Is he playing for a move?

Jelavic, I'm confused in that I think flatters to deceive just now

Sash, Caught out more that I can remember today with guys running at him.

Kyle Bartley, No way Jose is he a full back.

Central Defenders, nothing to add.

As I said at the start that game could have been 4 or 5 1 today with the chances. But from this time last year I was of the opinion that Ally was not the man for the job. Ian Durrant just do not understand why he is there.

As for Ally having no money, what the fuck has happened to a manager working and using his skills to make the players at his disposal play well. How many times have we this season really lost the games in the sense of starting poorly and trying to win the game in the second half.

Can't see him being removed as will cost money to find someone unless they are out of a job at present and that does not leave a strong selection.

IF we fail to win the league this season then back to back seasons with no CL money and that will have a greater consequence than just 2 years money.

By not playing Ortiz, Mckay and Bedoya is Ally telling us they are not his signings. But he went back for Bedoya and paid for him after signing him on pre contract.

We are 4 points behind forget the fact we had a 9 point lead, they lose and draw one and we win those two games . then we are 1 point in front, so yes it can be overcome.

My concern and I said it on anther topic my worry about Ally is cannot see him getting the team to play the attacking football we witnessed in the run in last season, That was down to man management and I, ok from the outside think he is lacking in that.

No they havnt, and certainly not under Ally.

Did I just imagine the League Cup Final then? And the turn around in our league form that followed?

Maybe not directly under Ally, but you didn't like Walter either. Who is your ideal (realistic) Rangers Manager?

Edit: Just seen that.... Paul Lambert :anguish:

We should have had a striker in by now. Sandaza or ? would have helped a lot today for sure.

Can anyone explain why Kerkar who was a joke figure under WS is suddenly our go to guy and McKay cannot make the bench?

Possibly because every time kerkar has came on the park we have scored within minutes, he has done more in the few sub appearances than McKay has done in the time he got on the park.

We aint playing great but ally put out our strongest 11,we had tons of chances, we obv need strikers,thats a given.

I still have faith that we will win the league.