Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

Everyone knows we have knocked back a £7m bid already, so to bid any less would be idiocy.

Mirror Sport yesterday

Hammers knock deal for Liverpool target on the head

West Ham have pulled out of a move for ­Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

The Hammers offered the Glasgow club £5.25million and a further £1m based on ­appearances for the ­17-goal Croatian, who arrived for £4m just 17 months ago.

Rangers were ­prepared to cash in, but Jelavic’s personal terms ­appeared to kill the deal.

Hammers ­co-chairman David Sullivan was disappointed that ­details of the offer were exaggerated and made public in ­Scotland.

They were leaked in an attempt to create an ­auction for Jelavic, who is rumoured to be a target for Premier League clubs Liverpool, Fulham, West Brom and QPR.

Jelavic, who is earning £24,000 a week at Ibrox, wanted in excess of £40,000 to play at Upton Park and around £60,000 if West Ham got promoted to the Premier League.

They can't both be correct.

Looks as if West Ham thought it was 5.25 with possible 1 mill add on.

The most alarming but about this is the leakIng of details from the Club. Which seems a habitual if not hourly occurrence just now.

If I was Sullivan I would have also walked rather than negotiate through STV or twitter.

Mirror Sport yesterday

The Hammers offered the Glasgow club £5.25million and a further £1m based on ­appearances for the ­17-goal Croatian, who arrived for £4m just 17 months ago.

Rangers were ­prepared to cash in, but Jelavic's personal terms ­appeared to kill the deal.

Hammers ­co-chairman David Sullivan was disappointed that ­details of the offer were exaggerated and made public in ­Scotland.

They were leaked in an attempt to create an ­auction for Jelavic, who is rumoured to be a target for Premier League clubs Liverpool, Fulham, West Brom and QPR.

Jelavic, who is earning £24,000 a week at Ibrox, wanted in excess of £40,000 to play at Upton Park and around £60,000 if West Ham got promoted to the Premier League.

They can't both be correct.

Looks as if West Ham thought it was 5.25 with possible 1 mill add on.

The most alarming but about this is the leakIng of details from the Club. Which seems a habitual if not hourly occurrence just now.

If I was Sullivan I would have also walked rather than negotiate through STV or twitter.

Aye fuck Rangers doing whats best for us eh :rolleyes:

I think ally is gearing up to play 4-2-3-1 with the players we seem to be going for , alot of AM that can play anywhere in the 3 behind a striker

That's the way most people would like to play and it would be good to watch I think. Celik could be the supporting striker behind a new striker.

If they can't meet it (the asking price) then we just keep him.

There is really no point in selling Jela for buttons when he has a good length on his contract and if he does well at the Euros then his value will increase.

Some will say he might drop his performances if he doesnt get his move but really he can't afford to with this summers football at risk.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Ham-knock-deal-for-Liverpool-target-Nikica-Jelavic-on-the-head-article858847.html

Rangers were ­prepared to cash in, but Jelavic’s personal terms ­appeared to kill the deal.

According to Sullivan it was 5.25 +1mill add ons so someone is not being honest.

As for 24k a week here, not sure about that

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Ham-knock-deal-for-Liverpool-target-Nikica-Jelavic-on-the-head-article858847.html

According to Sullivan it was 5.25 +1mill add ons so someone is not being honest.

As for 24k a week here, not sure about that

I thought Jelavic was on about 15k, no way could we have offered him a four year deal on 24k a week with the position we were in last year

That's the way most people would like to play and it would be good to watch I think. Celik could be the supporting striker behind a new striker.

If we are to play like that, do you's think that if we need a replacement for Jela that the striker should be a Kenny Miller type or a big target man like Jela?

When Jela signed we were told he was being offered treble his wages which were reported at 4k wacko.gif

Just shows you how wrong the papers can be. A 4 million pound player is gonna be one of the highest earners at the club.

Just shows you how wrong the papers can be. A 4 million pound player is gonna be one of the highest earners at the club.

He's on around £16k I'm sure Dennis.

If a new deal was negotiated he would be the highest earner.

We may have paid £4 million for him but that doesn't automatically mean you're the highest earner, the wages we offered were much more than what he was on at Vienna.

He's on around £16k I'm sure Dennis.

If a new deal was negotiated he would be the highest earner.

We may have paid £4 million for him but that doesn't automatically mean you're the highest earner, the wages we offered were much more than what he was on at Vienna.

I'm surprised he isn't up there at least. But I can't argue cos I don't know. Especially after finding out Jig is/was one of the highest. I dare say Jela made more from goal bonuses though.