Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

"Trainee journo at GCU, <No links to this website> content producer and sub at Daily Star. US telly obsessive, and all-round geek."

from the guy's twitter description - let's just say, I remain unconvinced

Would make absolutely no sense whatsoever

Well spotted Negri! :lol:

"Trainee journo at GCU, <No links to this website> content producer and sub at Daily Star. US telly obsessive, and all-round geek."

from the guy's twitter description - let's just say, I remain unconvinced

Would make absolutely no sense whatsoever

You're right......I bet this transfer will go through as an 'undisclosed fee'

Well spotted Negri! :lol:

some lad is already having a go at him claiming the article actually says 3.5 rising to 7m - still wouldn't be overly happy with it but it makes a fair bit more sense - twitter is a fucking nightmare at times - he's just an attention seeking wank looking for a story so that he can try to impress his Glasgow Caley tutors - people really have to be more wary of what they read on twitter - is a minefield

So let me get this straight.

We paid £4 million for him a year and a half ago.

He plays for a year and scores 30 goals.

We reject £7 million from west ham.

Everton have a bid of £3.5 million accepted.

Vienna entitled to 20%.

Total = around £2.8 million. + potential £2.5 million .

Around £1 million profit?

:anguish:

Any suggestions of £3.5M is the stuff of herion-addict-sport-talk.

Rangers signed him for between £4 and £4.5M.

He's been successfull here and as the 1st team, top goalscorer of Rangers and ONLY regular goalscorer of Rangers - his goals are worth potentially £25M to us (i.e. League, cup, Champs League nxt seas, ticket sales, shirt sales, etc etc).

He's got interest from around 6 teams, 1 in spain, 1 in russia, 4 in England.

We rejected a bid of £7M in the summer.

So please stop the sillyness of £3.5M

This (tu)

And a Croatian international.

Surely he isn't on £24k a week with us? I always presumed max £18k. Also asking for £40k a week isn't too unreasonable considering they are a London club and paying big wages to the majority of their first 11?

I'm sure 12-13k a week was banded about when he signed.

I think ally is gearing up to play 4-2-3-1 with the players we seem to be going for , alot of AM that can play anywhere in the 3 behind a striker

Said this the other day.

Probably a back-up plan if we don't get a striker in.

Aluko & Mervan can play anywere in that front three. With Edu & Davis in those deeper positions. It really suits our play.

Evertonian in peace

News coming through our end is that the deal's been agreed with club and player and finalised tomorrow, though there's nothing reliable enough that I would say it's 100% certain.

Appears from reading posts on here that consensus for Rangers fans is Jelavic is a good player but there's an air of inevitability he would be going at some point, but that anything below £8m would not represent his worth...fair reflection?

From what I've seen of Jelavic he seems to have a good finish, decent movement, good in the air and not too slow. What would you say his weaknesses are? If Rangers fans are considering anything under £8m us underselling, your opinion must be fairly high. Reckon he could be the play Everton need to get us in top 6 in Premier League?

If he has half the impact a certain pigeon loving striker had after moving from Rangers to Everton he's going to be a big hit on Merseyside

Evertonian in peace

News coming through our end is that the deal's been agreed with club and player and finalised tomorrow, though there's nothing reliable enough that I would say it's 100% certain.

Appears from reading posts on here that consensus for Rangers fans is Jelavic is a good player but there's an air of inevitability he would be going at some point, but that anything below £8m would not represent his worth...fair reflection?

From what I've seen of Jelavic he seems to have a good finish, decent movement, good in the air and not too slow. What would you say his weaknesses are? If Rangers fans are considering anything under £8m us underselling, your opinion must be fairly high. Reckon he could be the play Everton need to get us in top 6 in Premier League?

If he has half the impact a certain pigeon loving striker had after moving from Rangers to Everton he's going to be a big hit on Merseyside

Tbh mate he is a very good footballer. But in my opinion you will be getting a player who is nowhere near worth 5 million on this seasons form never mind 8 million. Youtube his goal at Tynecastle against Hearts and you will see what he is capable of.

If his head is right you are getting a cracker, if not he can be pretty average. In saying that i still dont want him to go. But he doesnt want to be here anymore that much is obvious.

Anyword on the fee mate?

Evertonian in peace

He may just be your man yeah. From what I can see you have struggled for a few years with strikers?

He can play very well against premiership opposition. He tore Villa a new one a few years ago with Vienna and has improved since then. Notched a goal vs Chelsea albeit it was just a friendly. He's a team player with exceptional ability. Sums him up that Kenny Miller, no way in hell a goalscorer, scored 22 goals by January playing alongside Jela and then moved the Bursaspor where he was back to his usual self and seems to be doing alright at Cardiff. He has been less than interested this season but has already scored around 16 goals.

You will have a quality player on your hands. Be excited mate.