Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

hes only worth what someones willing to pay

I know mate BUT these clubs are bidding less than what leicester did,i know we could do with the cash but why should we accept less than 7.5,if we keep him he would have to be intrested given that the euros are coming up...wouldnt mind him,aluko and mervan all together AND if he has a decent euros we will get far better offers

Why not?

He's a natural goalscorer and a free transfer.

Im not going over my reasons or opinions for not wantin kris boyd back at ibrox, i dont mean it like that. I mean we actually dont want boyd back. As in Ally, and his staff.

People say Boyd etc...I'd love him...but what if he dosn't want to come back?

Need to broaden our horizions...just as long as Holt isn't a choice.

Someone might have asked, but i couldnt read it without instantly hittin 'reply'!!!

Why wouldnt you take grant holt, but you'd love boyd back?

£8 million for Jelavic would be a fair price considering his international apps, the majority of his performances for us and his goalscoring record overall. You can disregard his recent poor performances as him simply being unsettled by speculation.

Come on Moyes, loosen the purse strings.

I will be surprised if Everton meet our asking price.Their history for many years has been looking for deals on the cheap so maybe Moyes thinks he can exploit our financial situation by getting a cut price deal.However we have turned down West Ham already and today on Goals on Sunday Naisy said Jelavic is comfortable at Ibrox and not asking for a move away.Come the summertime however I think it will be a different story and he will be on his way.Maybe he just doesnt want to go to any EPL team and if he gets his head down and does well for us and Croatia he may have a lot more say in who he will sign for.

Phil Neville getting in on the act:

phil neville18 @fizzer18 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Just seen we've bid for jelevic - what's he like rangers fans???

phil neville18 @fizzer18 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Good feedback on him fingers crossed will be watching sky sports news the next 2 days!!!

Jelavic has now moved to 4/6 with SkyBet to join Everton with Boyd now 10/11 to sign for us.

For all the Everton fans looking in I can tell you that if you get him you'll be getting a very good player that with the right service and striking partner could go on to become a huge star on Merseyside. Hope he does well for you.

How much we talking here?

Lots of figures being banded about but I reckon it's around £3.5m down with a further £2.5m add on's. These figures may not be accurate but I don't think they'll be too far off the mark. Anyone thinking we'll get £8m is dreaming I'm afraid.

Boyd now 8/11.

Lots of figures being banded about but I reckon it's around £3.5m down with a further £2.5m add on's. These figures may not be accurate but I don't think they'll be too far off the mark. Anyone thinking we'll get £8m is dreaming I'm afraid.

Boyd now 8/11.

What you are saying is less than the reported West Ham offer.I reckon we will get £7 million for him which is more or less in line with the Leicester offer in the summer.Moyes is a cheapskate but I am not getting the impression out of Ibrox we will sell at any price or that Jelavic is desperate to get away.

Journo Nick Hanlon saying it's a done deal....3.5, rising to 5 million..

"Trainee journo at GCU, <No links to this website> content producer and sub at Daily Star. US telly obsessive, and all-round geek."

from the guy's twitter description - let's just say, I remain unconvinced

Would make absolutely no sense whatsoever