Administration thread

debear

Don't know what game it was but he missed the entire 2002/2003 season.

Knew he had been out for a long time, didn't realise it was the whole season. Last I heard he was without a club for a year or so but Leicester signed him, don't think he plays much, he could even be away from there, sad to think what might have been for him with us

TAX probes have been launched into eight top English football clubs, sparking fears they could be plunged into financial meltdown like Glasgow Rangers.

Administration and 10pt axe hit Rangers.

RANGERS hit with 10-point deduction after appointing Duff and Phelps to run the club

No big English club is safe.

The official investigations into current and ex-Premier League sides could potentially involve hundreds of millions of pounds in unpaid tax.

The revelation came as it was announced yesterday the debt-stricken Scottish giants had entered administration over an alleged £9million owed to HM Revenue & Customs. They are also facing another potential bill of more than £70million after an ongoing inquiry into the use of a tax avoidance device, Employment Benefit Trusts.

EBTs allowed foreign stars to have their wages paid into a trust — and then withdraw the money once they were no longer living in Britain. They would then avoid paying the top 50 per cent rate of UK tax.

But the taxman has declared that illegal — and claims Rangers' previous owners used the trusts to avoid paying millions of pounds in tax and National Insurance on the player payroll.

Football finance expert Dr Chris Brady said: "Rangers may be the tip of the iceberg. EBTs became popular with clubs as a means of reducing crippling wage bills. We believe at least eight current or former Premier League clubs are being investigated."

Just as we believed. From The Sun.

Knew he had been out for a long time, didn't realise it was the whole season. Last I heard he was without a club for a year or so but Leicester signed him, don't think he plays much, he could even be away from there, sad to think what might have been for him with us

They released him IIRC. It was a Sven signing, no surprise considering they have a few ex England players that played under him.

If we did go down the phoenix club route, I'm pretty sure we could still be 'The Rangers Football Club'.

Leeds went down this route (my second team) and were still 'Leeds United Association Football Club'. Before and after. Same badge, same stadium, same fans, same club.

If we did go down this route, I cant actually understand the fans who say "I wouldn't support a phoenix club, it just wouldn't be the same". It would.

Obviously this is the worst case senario, because we wouldn't be able to play in Europe for three seasons (Due to uefa licence) and would likely get a points deduction for three seasons running. But it looks like this might be the route CW wants to go down.

I've just finished a night shift in of all Places SKY in Dunfermline - There is about 500 TV's in there and normally there is a mixture of Channels playing Music, sport Films ETC- Not today - Every Single T.V had SSN - Rangers going into Administration is Heartbreaking, people just standing watching in disbelief, I seen about 50 people in tears tonight, I was almost there myself when I seen a post on this thread about visiting sick relatives to comfort them, kind of brought it all home that I may not get the chance to take my 2 year old grandson to see The Rangers, we must do everything in our power to prevent such scenarios, If there is potential investors out there thinking about putting money into the club, we can do our bit to persuade them that the fans are worth the investment, We should also send a stark message out to anyone seeking to make a profit out of our heartache, that the world is a small place and there will be no where to hide.

If we did go down the phoenix club route, I'm pretty sure we could still be 'The Rangers Football Club'.

Leeds went down this route (my second team) and were still 'Leeds United Association Football Club'. Before and after. Same badge, same stadium, same fans, same club.

If we did go down this route, I cant actually understand the fans who say "I wouldn't support a phoenix club, it just wouldn't be the same". It would.

Obviously this is the worst case senario, because we wouldn't be able to play in Europe for three seasons (Due to uefa licence) and would likely get a points deduction for three seasons running. But it looks like this might be the route CW wants to go down.

It wouldn't be the same. No history or anything. I would always be thinking about the previous Rangers and how we went from the most sucessful club in the world to having 0 trophys. Unless ive misread the situation. Im not going to lie but I do not have a clue what is going on.

It wouldn't be the same. No history or anything. I would always be thinking about the previous Rangers and how we went from the most sucessful club in the world to having 0 trophys. Unless ive misread the situation. Im not going to lie but I do not have a clue what is going on.

Leeds United still have there Name, History, Stadium, Trophies, etc.

We would be the same team, just under a different company.

This could become very politicised. If major clubs down south get targeted I could see the UK government warning hmrc off arguing that this is not in the public interest. Cue Salmond arguing that we've just seen a poll tax situation where as soon as things start to bite in England the UK government acts but that still leaves the Scots getting shafted.

Rangers should be pointing this out to the government - they could tell HMRC to accept a CVA. Let's face it there's no votes in this for them

Supposidly the Scottish Government is meeting with the administrators. I saw this on real radios twitter

Sent: 15 Feb 2012 06:45

There are plans for the Scottish Government to meet with #Rangers' administrators: http://t.co/KO3JbEZW

sent via web

On Twitter:

I have no idea what this means. After this I never want to hear about tax again.

It's a very dangerous game HMRC are playing. Football clubs are the heartbeat of communities. Whatever may be lost in "tax avoidance" is certainly made up in money generated in local economies.

Just because they are the heartbeat of the community, doesn't mean they can avoid paying tax, conversely, the should be putting in the money to aid the regeneration of the communities because lets face it, football stadiums aren't usually in the most affluent of area's.

Some rancid taig on talksport just now rang in to moan about the 10 point deduction, saying that as septic are doing well at the minute the deduction should be postponed till the start of next season!

doh

says it all, really!

I can only assume he was fat, has slanty eyes and greasy hair and his first name is Peter.

No it wouldn't. The SPL and SFL are two different entities. If the SPL approved it (and they'd be insane not to) a "new" Rangers would take the place of the old one. If they voted against it it would be very much the turkeys voting for Christmas.

A pheonix club would have to start in the sfl division 3

Sky`s Sarah-Jane Mee has just twitted

Reports suggest Rangers owner Craig Whyte has left the country.......he's gone to the South of France......that'll go down well in Glasgow

Possibly a vineyard?

Nah- he's gone to Marseille to scout Loic Remy, ready for when we come out of administration ;)