www.saverangers.com

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do u know?

Been texting a mate and we got on the subject of Rangers and he asked if i had heard of this idea yet, he then said he had been told sellik fans were signing on it (he's a tim).

Im waiting on a reply the now mate, i asked where he is hearing this from but tbh im not surprised.

Been texting a mate and we got on the subject of Rangers and he asked if i had heard of this idea yet, he then said he had been told sellik fans were signing on it (he's a tim).

Im waiting on a reply the now mate, i asked where he is hearing this from but tbh im not surprised.

Theyll maybe need to do it via post the . Email is open to abuse very easily

Calm down dear. Nothing wrong with people discussing their legitimate concerns.

yeah we are only discussing our concerns and already few have said they have heard first hand its being done ....this will be a good idea when the or if the time is right !! also the site has been set up well too give and understanding on how it can be done positive site early stages !! watp

In my humble opinion, this is a bad idea!

Firstly, if anyone can pledge without actually handing any money over, then anyone in the country, including tarriers, could pledge.

Secondly, I'd be willing to bet that a good % of people who do pledge don't actually carry it through.

Thirdly, I wouldnae trust the RST wae ma money. Such a scheme would have to be administered by the right people.

It'll be interesting to see how much is pledged, and then how much is actually collected, if this scheme goes ahead.

In my humble opinion, this is a bad idea!

Firstly, if anyone can pledge without actually handing any money over, then anyone in the country, including tarriers, could pledge.

Secondly, I'd be willing to bet that a good % of people who do pledge don't actually carry it through.

Thirdly, I wouldnae trust the RST wae ma money. Such a scheme would have to be administered by the right people.

It'll be interesting to see how much is pledged, and then how much is actually collected, if this scheme goes ahead.

It would be run by everyone who contributes.

It would be run by everyone who contributes.

Really? And how exactly would that be administered? Serious question btw.

Already we have over 4,000 people pledging their support. Do you reckon we'll all get a say in how much we should spend on a new striker, or how much of a wage increase our Goalie should get?

Nah mate. Somebody has to administer the scheme. And I can assure ye it won't be all of us who contribute. Completely unworkable.

This is a really good idea. I mooted this a few nights ago on RM and before that I asked a few friends. Everyone was up for it.

The pledge is only to give people an idea of what we can achieve. I spoke on the phone this morning to check the authenticity of this and it is OK. I have pledged £3,000 as I have 3 season tickets. I know that not everyone can afford £1,000 each but realistically that is what we should be aiming at from each person as an average. If 50,000 pledge £100 that is only £5m but if it is £1k then it's £50m. The money would only be a one-off and we would all effectively be shareholders. If you don't have the money then take out a personal loan and pay it back over a year. It is only £20 per week plus a bit of interest. I'm sure we could get a deal with one of the banks for those people paying back such loans. I should imagine that initially it would have to be put into a new Trust account (not the RST) and a board of trustees to head it up. People like Brian Donohoe MP and Sir Tom Hunter, Jim McColl would surely be happy to do that.

We need to get this moving and spread the word to all Gers fans. Leave the cynicism behind and forget any animosity to the RST. I may not see eye to eye with those on the RST board but they are right with this. The Assembly and RSA are also involved.

Spread the word folks.

WATP.

Really? And how exactly would that be administered? Serious question btw.

Already we have over 4,000 people pledging their support. Do you reckon we'll all get a say in how much we should spend on a new striker, or how much of a wage increase our Goalie should get?

Nah mate. Somebody has to administer the scheme. And I can assure ye it won't be all of us who contribute. Completely unworkable.

What say did you have before? As new shareholders we all get a say at the AGM. We all vote for board members.

IM Totally with THE BOOLER on this one, First of all a vast majority of fans, DONOT Lets face the facts DONOT Trust the RST and I for one am one of them.

The boy promoting on Sky TV Thier is an obvious RST Member, now what im saying is we need someone credible to front this.... the idea is fine and I totally pledge to it and have done, but for me to give you the money I would want someone credible running this, and Ill name drop guys such as:

Douglas Park, Andy Smillie, Satay Singh, possibly guys like Graeme Souness or Walter Smith.......

A figurehead who could do that interview that has just been done on Sky. Its brilliant we are looking to do this, but if a figurehead like above was fronting this, it would be takin incredibly serious. !

IM Totally with THE BOOLER on this one, First of all a vast majority of fans, DONOT Lets face the facts DONOT Trust the RST and I for one am one of them.

The boy promoting on Sky TV Thier is an obvious RST Member, now what im saying is we need someone credible to front this.... the idea is fine and I totally pledge to it and have done, but for me to give you the money I would want someone credible running this, and Ill name drop guys such as:

Douglas Park, Andy Smillie, Satay Singh, possibly guys like Graeme Souness or Walter Smith.......

A figurehead who could do that interview that has just been done on Sky. Its brilliant we are looking to do this, but if a figurehead like above was fronting this, it would be takin incredibly serious. !

Dunny, I proposed 3 names earlier to front this (Brian Donohoe MP, Jim McColl and Sir Tom Hunter) and your suggestions would be a great addition. The more big names with credibility the better. The RST are not the only people behind this pledge appeal. There are the Rangers Assembly and the RSA. Someone needed to organise this.

Who was on Sky? What was it about?

The Trust are members of the Assembly so why are they not at the forefront of all these discussions and initiatives.

Are the Trust (as per usual) manouvering themselves in to pole position to get a certain person the seat on the board he has been trying to get for years :rolleyes:

Dunny, I proposed 3 names earlier to front this (Brian Donohoe MP, Jim McColl and Sir Tom Hunter) and your suggestions would be a great addition. The more big names with credibility the better. The RST are not the only people behind this pledge appeal. There are the Rangers Assembly and the RSA. Someone needed to organise this.

I will make a pledge later today after deciding what I can afford, but like both you guys it can only work if people we trust can lead the scheme. (tu)

I totally agree, and going by the guys I know, like the ones I mentioned, they all trust each other and are all associates, I cant comment on your 3 as I dont know enough about them, obviously know Tom Hunter but dont know if he would want involved ?

The guy on Sky is the boy who apparantly started the website saverangers.com, and he appeared good and not critizing the guy one bit as he done a good job of getting the website across, actually he done fantastically well, but it was the RST References that again make me uneasy, but if we could get the big boys on side quickly, The 4000 pledges would go to 50,000 within a couple of days.