Pedro Mendes retires

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame.

Still had a few miles left in the tank I felt. His goal against them will always be lodged in my memory!

Seen RVN retired today too, I feel old.

Yep guys like him whose game is more about skill that athleticism usually can go on longer than the power/pace merchants.

Regards RVN - remember wee Dick tried to sign him before he got the call from Fergie. That was one that got away even if we wouldn't have held on to him for too long.

We paid far too much for him, paid him massive wages (28,000 a week apparently) and sold him for a loss. Good player, went hiding a lot though in the small games. Players like him, which litter the last 20 years of our club, are the reason we're in the predicament we are today

We paid far too much for him, paid him massive wages (28,000 a week apparently) and sold him for a loss. Good player, went hiding a lot though in the small games. Players like him, which litter the last 20 years of our club, are the reason we're in the predicament we are today

Agree with all that.

Very true. Congratulations on a great career though, Pedro.