Transfers

Marouane Fellaini has moved to Manchester United for a £27.5m fee, with Victor Anichebe heading to West Brom for a fee which could rise to £6m

Coming into Goodison are James McCarthy for £13m on a long term deal and a pair of season long loan deals for Romelu Lukaku and Gareth Barry.

Surprising that Everton put the fee's up on their official site.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/09/02/blues-confirm-five-deals

I don't even rate Koscielny and I think that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Have you seen Vermaelen over the past year ? Completely fell away.

Koscielny came on leaps and and bounds last year and when he was fit, Vermaelen looked like he had become something of a bombscare. He's rightly third choice at the moment.

I havent really seen Arsenal consistently in about a year. Wenger is killing any affection I had for that club. When I did though it was the other way around, but I'm happy to be corrected.

MB is still a looney though. ;)

I'm actually surprised Martinez didn't go in for Maloney too. He absolutely loves him and at his age you'd probably get him for what 1-1.5 million.

I'm delighted he didn't go for Maloney!

I guess Wigan were always really going to lose McCarthy, and they've got a really decent fee. I'm just quite frustrated it wasn't done earlier, because I read quotes from Dave Whelan saying if he didn't sign a replacement for McCarthy for between 6 and 8 million, then he would have used the money to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Instead we get Ryan Shotton on loan until January :lol:

Going to need something special to get back up to the premier league now. A striker would have been fantastic considering Holt and Fortune are both 32, and Coyle doesn't seem to fancy Dicko.

As far as the McCarthy sale goes, it's great business for Wigan, and they aren't short of midfielders, having signed Chris McCann, and they've already got Ben Watson, Roger Espinoza, Jordi Gomez, James McArthur and now Nick Powell on loan, who will hopefully be a good signing for the year.

I'm delighted he didn't go for Maloney!

I guess Wigan were always really going to lose McCarthy, and they've got a really decent fee. I'm just quite frustrated it wasn't done earlier, because I read quotes from Dave Whelan saying if he didn't sign a replacement for McCarthy for between 6 and 8 million, then he would have used the money to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Instead we get Ryan Shotton on loan until January :lol:

Going to need something special to get back up to the premier league now. A striker would have been fantastic considering Holt and Fortune are both 32, and Coyle doesn't seem to fancy Dicko.

As far as the McCarthy sale goes, it's great business for Wigan, and they aren't short of midfielders, having signed Chris McCann, and they've already got Ben Watson, Roger Espinoza, Jordi Gomez, James McArthur and now Nick Powell on loan, who will hopefully be a good signing for the year.

Nick Powell can play up front aswell i'm sure. He had a pretty good scoring record pre-united move.

I was really disappointed in United this window,they were a shambles with their approach towards signings. They could have signed better quality for less than Fellaini ie;Gustavo?.

A few United fans unhappy too....

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-sign-fellaini.376385/