Transfers

Possibly, but they probably bought him not expexting Willian to be available and if they are about to get a 85 million windfall from Bale then 7 million isn't really that much to pay for a versatile, useful squad player.

I suspect Spurs will play enough for both of them to play plenty of games though.

Can Chadili play from the right? He might replace Lennon there if he can.

Haven't seen him play all that often, but read a bit about him at the time and they had him down as a right footer who likes to come inside and shoot - so I imagine being an out and out right winger wouldn't be too much of a culture shock.

I wouldn't drop Lennon to the bench he offers them width that no other player in the squad does.

Willian will play from the left our behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 he's an upgrade on Holtby and Sigurdsson.

Was talking to my brother about this last night, Tottenham should ask Real for the £85 milliion plus Coentrao. Then attempt to sign Willian, Lamela and Alderweireld.

Lloris

Alderweireld Kaboul Vertonghen Coentrao

Paulinho Sandro/Dembele

Lennon Willian Lamela

Soldado

That's an impressive starting 11 whilst having good quality in reserve as well.Honestly can't believe many of the bigger clubs are not looking at Alderweireld, he's a quality player with massive potential and would be a bargain at 6-7 million.

Still very weak at CB for me. Not an outstanding pairing, and only one back up - all three of them have been injured in the past year or so.

Think they should invest there before Lamela and Alderweireld - though they would both be good signings.

In my opinion Kaboul and Vertonghen would be a superb pairing. Kaboul was excellent in the 2011-2012 season, although his injury last year could be an issue.

Vertonghen is a top class CB and Alderweireld is accomplished at CB and RB, I put him at RB because I don't rate Walker highly. Tottenham would have Kaboul, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dawson and the Fryers who they signed for Man United as their five CBs for this season. Injuries would be a concern though as you suggested but that is a good enough set of CBs if all stay fit.

Fair enough, wasn't 100% familiar with Alderweireld to be honest, and just assumed he was a right back from your post. If that worked out they probably have 4 first team Premiership CBs, which is kind of required given the injury concerns most of them bring.

spurs have really strengthened which have taken them above arsenal obviously depending on who arsenal sign but at this moment i also think liverpool and possibly even everton have stronger squads as well.

i've been impressed by liverpools signings in the summer and also think coutinho will be one of the best players in the premiership this season.

Daniel Levy deserved great credit if that £93m deal and Coentrao are true

Amazing deal considering Ronaldo went for £80m

All it takes is for Bale to get injured and Real will look like idiots

They already look like idiots, paying about £60m too much taking in Coentrao's value.