Transfers

I see what you guys are saying but I still find it funny that if "the striker adds goals to his game he'd be a top player". Yup, and if I add clean sheets to my game I would be a top keeper too.

I just don't rate either at Man Utd level and think Hernandez and Kagawa are 10x better.

Arsenal :lol:

Julien Speroni (just an example) is a good goalkeeper, but how many clean sheets is he going to keep this season?

Strikers have plenty of different attributes to he a good player, and really he's forward off the front man.

Perhaps he'd get a lot more criticism if Van Persie wasn't scoring the goals, but so far Welbeck has started wel - excuse the pun!

papertalk-logos-thesun.gif

• Arsenal will table an improved £13m bid for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye after their initial £10m offer was rejected.
  • Aly Cissokho will join Liverpool on a season-long loan deal while Brendan Rodgers hopes to beat Tottenham to Willian's signature.
  • Paolo di Canio is set to make Greek winger Charis Mavrias his 11th summer signing and is also keen on Juventus full-back Paulo de Ceglie.

papertalk-logos-dailymail.gif

• Arsenal will have to pay at least £20m if they're to land Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
  • Crystal Palace have had a bid for Aaron Cresswell rejected by Ipswich.
  • Everton will step up their interest in Wigan midfielder James McCarthy while also pursuing an interest in Gareth Barry and Aleksandr Kolarov.
  • Liverpool are keeping a close eye on FC Groningen's 16-year-old striker Richairo Zlvkovic.
  • Stoke are readying a £5m bid for Rennes striker Mevlut Erdinc and the French side are willing to sell.

papertalk-logos-thetimes.gif

• Arsenal have been told that Yohan Cabaye is available but will cost in the region of £20m.
  • Tottenham are monitoring Luis Neto and Adem Ljajic while hoping for a decision from Willian.
  • Manchester United are thought to be prepared to pay £35m for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini - but Everton value them at £45m.

papertalk-logos-dailytelegraph.gif

• Newcastle will hold out for £20m for Yohan Cabaye after rejecting a bid of around half that amount from Arsenal.
  • Willian is expected to decide whether to join Tottenham or Liverpool.

papertalk-logos-dailymirror.gif

• Micah Richards could be set for a move to Arsenal after the Gunners set their sights on the Manchester City defender.
  • Valencia full-back Aly Cissokho is set to become Liverpool's fifth summer signing.
  • Arsenal are set to bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba while Arsene Wenger is also pursuing Ashley Williams and Michu from Swansea.
  • EVENING STANDARD
  • Swansea are bracing themselves for an audacious double bid from Arsenal for Ashley Williams and Michu.

papertalk-logos-theguardian.gif

• Manchester United are likely to make separate bids for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines are a combined £28m bid was labelled 'derisory and insulting' by Everton.

papertalk-logos-dailystar.gif

• Arsenal are prepared to go for broke in the transfer market with bids for Michu, Ashley Williams, Yohan Cabaye and Micah Richards.

Willian having a medical with spurs, i dont know why they are after him , he isnt really a winger is he ? And they have holtby and sigurdson(sp) in att mid already.

Spurs need defenders

Willian plays from the left hand side and Spurs will need somebody to play there when Bale leaves.

I take it that means they have no confidence in Chadli?

Possibly, but they probably bought him not expexting Willian to be available and if they are about to get a 85 million windfall from Bale then 7 million isn't really that much to pay for a versatile, useful squad player.

I suspect Spurs will play enough for both of them to play plenty of games though.

Can Chadili play from the right? He might replace Lennon there if he can.