Transfers

They need a RB,LB,CDM,CM,CB & a Striker & Keeper.

Lost out big time on Loris imo.

They don't need all that.

Sagna is starting to get on a bit now but Jenkinson is a good prospect so they are well covered at right back and it's the same at left back where Monreal & Gibbs will keep the other on their toes.

I think they need five players, maybe six if they decide that they want a more experienced keeper too: a centre half, a midfielder, a winger & a striker.

read earlier Man Utd supposedly in for Ozil and Kaka, also rumoured to be interested in Willian

anybody think they will get any of them, or just paper talk?

people say they need a creative midfielder but would a 4-1-3-2 work for them with Carrick sitting behind a 3 of Kagawa Rooney Cleverley with RVP and Welbeck up front?

Can't see them looking at Kaka, apparently the Ozil was incorrect and it's Modric who Moyes is interested in signing.

Modric, Ozil or Willian would be very good signings for United. Carrick needs help in there, he's asked to carry to much, although only Modric is the type of player who can help him out as the other two are more attacking type footballers.

thought the Kaka link was a bit strange myself

wouldnt suprise me if they end up failing to get any of the "marquee" type signings and maybe just get Fellaini or nobody at all

I don't see why United are looking for an attacking midfielder when they're wasting Kagawa on the bench. A defensive mid IMO. Also, despite it being all they can buy, another winger. Valencia is the best of the bunch but still not world class, Nani has been poor for ages and I don't rate Zaha at this level.

I actually think a lot of Man Utds players are quite poor yet they have been winning with them for years now. Jones, Smalling, Anderson, Nani, Welbeck, Cleverley... Man City and Chelsea have a lot stronger teams on paper but United have still managed to pull it off. Wonder if Moyes can continue that, decent start.

I don't see why United are looking for an attacking midfielder when they're wasting Kagawa on the bench. A defensive mid IMO. Also, despite it being all they can buy, another winger. Valencia is the best of the bunch but still not world class, Nani has been poor for ages and I don't rate Zaha at this level.

I actually think a lot of Man Utds players are quite poor yet they have been winning with them for years now. Jones, Smalling, Anderson, Nani, Welbeck, Cleverley... Man City and Chelsea have a lot stronger teams on paper but United have still managed to pull it off. Wonder if Moyes can continue that, decent start.

Welbeck and Cleverley surely cannot be put into the "quite poor" bracket.

I've never really rated either & Anderson is utter pish.

"Quite poor" though is surely a little too lowly rated. They'd stand out for every team outside the top four. Personally I think they are both doing a fine job just now anyway. Of course Manchester United could sign better players, but I don't think they are quite poor.

papertalk-logos-dailymirror.gif

• Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric is being linked with move back to Tottenham as part of a world-record Gareth Bale deal - but it is believed Modric prefers a move to Manchester United.
  • Meanwhile, Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian, 25, a transfer target for Liverpool, could be heading to Spurs who are prepared to pay more than the Reds' £26m valuation for the Brazilian.
  • Skipper Steven Gerrard was instrumental in the peace deal which is expected to see striker Luis Suarez stay at Liverpool.
  • Arsenal's troubles have worsened with England winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain set to be sidelined for six months with a knee injury suffered in Saturday's 3-1 home defeat to Aston Villa.
  • West Brom have made an ambitious bid for Marseille's 28-year-old midfielder Morgan Amalfitano.
  • Championship side Blackburn are set to give Frenchman Gael Givet a £600,000 golden handshake to lower their massive wage bill.

papertalk-logos-thesun.gif

• Jose Mourinho insists he has not given up on bringing Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney to Chelsea in this transfer window.
  • Brazilian star Willian, 25, has the choice of a move to Liverpool or Spurs who have both made bids of around £25m for the Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder.

papertalk-logos-dailystar.gif

• Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has not given up on signing Rooney but Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick insists the Old Trafford outfit's players want him to stay.
  • Everton will try to sign Wigan's 22-year-old £15m-rated midfielder James McCarthy with Marouane Fellaini and left-back Leighton Baines possibly heading to Manchester United.
  • AC Milan are rivalling Liverpool in the race to sign 23-year-old defender Mamadou Sakho from French champions Paris St-Germain.

papertalk-logos-dailymail.gif

• Liverpool are confident of winning the race for Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Willian with Spurs now the main competition after Manchester United pulled out of the running.
  • Newcastle have been told they must £8m if they want to sign 20-year-old Lille midfielder Florian Thauvin.
  • Norwich are planning a double swoop Galatasaray's 32-year-old former Bolton striker Johan Elmander and fellow forward Andrea Caracciolo, 31, of Brescia.

papertalk-logos-dailyexpress.gif

• Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal are all attempting to bring 17-year-old PSV Eindhoven winger Zakaria Bakkali to the Premier League.

papertalk-logos-dailytelegraph.gif

• Spurs are set to make a dramatic late bid for Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Willian who had been expected to join Liverpool for around £30m.
  • Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich made an unprecedented trip to the Blues dressing room to visit the home players before the win against Hull on Sunday.

papertalk-logos-thetimes.gif

• Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Willian will decide by tomorrow whether to join Tottenham who have hijacked his proposed move to Liverpool, while Spurs are also hopeful of signing 17-year-old Dynamo Zagreb attacking midfielder Alen Halilovic - dubbed as the next Luka Modric.
  • Norwich have made an approach for Brescia striker Andrea Caracciolo, 31, who scored 16 league goals in Serie B last season.
  • Fulham are in talks with Paris Saint-Germain over midfielder Clement Chantome who has been told he can leave the French champions.
  • Stoke City watched Rennes forward Melvut Erding in Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Nice.

papertalk-logos-theindependent.gif

• Arsenal want to sign £25m-rated forward Michu, 27, from Swansea as deals for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Manchester United's Wayne Rooney hit problems.