Transfers

£16 million for a kid who has done hee haw and hardly played any games is of course nothing short than ridiculous. Also saying he is one of the best young ones around when he’s hardly played any games is also just as ridiculous.

£16 million all on hope.

£16 million for a kid who has done hee haw and hardly played any games is of course nothing short than ridiculous. Also saying he is one of the best young ones around when he’s hardly played any games is also just as ridiculous.

£16 million all on hope.

A lot of similarities to when Man Utd paid a fortune for Phil Jones who had done nothing of note either.

This guy might easily go on to be fantastic, Wenger does generally have a decent eye for talent so I think he will, but it's a lot of money to pay for potential and I would be saying that no matter who he signed for.

£16 million all on hope.

£60 million spent so far...to finish 4th

A lot of similarities to when Man Utd paid a fortune for Phil Jones who had done nothing of note either.

This guy might easily go on to be fantastic, Wenger does generally have a decent eye for talent so I think he will, but it's a lot of money to pay for potential and I would be saying that no matter who he signed for.

I think he'll be England's starting right back within 2 seasons

Indeed.

It's just as crazy in terms of money as what United did with Shaw (went for more as he already had 2 years at the top level and played for his country).

This is a kid who can go either way so £16 million is just mental when you consider other players you could get for that money who would improve the first 11.

Indeed.

It's just as crazy in terms of money as what United did with Shaw (went for more as he already had 2 years at the top level and played for his country).

This is a kid who can go either way so £16 million is just mental when you consider other players you could get for that money who would improve the first 11.

The English market is mental in general. I don't know why anybody shops there at the moment.

The English market is mental in general. I don't know why anybody shops there at the moment.

Especially Liverpool!!

It's been crazy for years, I never understood why United spent money on Jones and Smalling or Chelsea on SWP ect.

It's no wonder there is a problem with the progress of the national team when it's far more sensible to buy from abroad than to buy from other english clubs for english players.

Especially Liverpool!!

It's been crazy for years, I never understood why United spent money on Jones and Smalling or Chelsea on SWP ect.

It's no wonder there is a problem with the progress of the national team when it's far more sensible to buy from abroad than to buy from other english clubs for english players.

With home grown quotas in the Premier League and CL squads I suppose they need to try and keep up some English element

Don't be surprised to see Reus go to Bayern. The board have been hinting at it this week. I reckon they'll try next season and it will be all down to if Reus wants to, which could be the stumbling block.

It would be a shame for another Dortmund player to go, and the board acknowledged this in their statements about this, but he is the perfect replacement for Ribery. The board know they're not going to find a better player at a reasonable price and they really won't, it's just a massive shame he plays for Dortmund.

Don't be surprised to see Reus go to Bayern. The board have been hinting at it this week. I reckon they'll try next season and it will be all down to if Reus wants to, which could be the stumbling block.

It would be a shame for another Dortmund player to go, and the board acknowledged this in their statements about this, but he is the perfect replacement for Ribery. The board know they're not going to find a better player at a reasonable price and they really won't, it's just a massive shame he plays for Dortmund.

Read somewhere that if he sees this upcoming season out with dortmund it activates a clause in his contract and would only cost 25-30 million.

I could see him going to Bayern if the aboves true, Lewandowski and Gotze already there plus most of his international team mates, hopefully he fancies a different challenge but would love to see him in the premier league.

Read somewhere that if he sees this upcoming season out with dortmund it activates a clause in his contract and would only cost 25-30 million.

Yup, the contract he rejected was to buy out that clause in exchange for a raise from 5m to 7m a year. (euros)