Transfers

Surprised about Kiyotake. He's not the most consistent player but he's really talented. Thought he'd maybe get a bigger move although he'll not go down with Nurnberg.

He had a great first season, was decent last season in a poor Nurnberg side. Thought he could have went to a Wolfsburg or someone like that but a good signing for Hanover. Needed someone new in that attacking 3 after losing Huszti who will be a huge loss. Don't think Kiyotake will play from the left though so I don't know how they're going to work it.

It's a really shite time to a Southampton fan. The team is being completely dismantled.

I actually disagree to an extent, and think this could be a really exciting time for Southampton fans. If Lovren leaves then they will have made, give or take, around £100 million from the sales of Shaw (around £27 million?), Lallana (around £25 million?), Lambert (around £8 million?), Chambers (around £16 million according to BBC?) and Lovren (around £20 million?). They could also sell Osvaldo for a considerable fee too and there's also been rumours of Schneiderlin for £20 million plus!!

However, in my opinion, if Koeman is allowed to spend even a slice of those funds (I have no idea of their current financial situation) he can make the club far better, if they are wise, and lucky. I like Lallana but Arsenal got Sanchez for a few million more, and for me there is no comparison between the two. There is so much value for money out there out with England. Lambert is a good honest player but he is replaceable and also not getting any younger. I've been relatively impressed by Shaw but his fee is ridiculous in my opinion as are the fees for Lovren and Chambers (although I can't say I've seen too much of Chambers). They may very well turn out to be great players for Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal respectively but Southampton would have been mad to reject such high offers as there is an equally good chance one or two of them could fall flat on their face and their moves not work out.

Obviously replacing 3-4 key and integral first team regulars isn't easy, and it could take time for new players to settle in. The transitional period and overhaul could be the most difficult part and patience may be required but if they come through it they could be in such a strong position for the future. None of the players sold, for crazy amounts, are Bale or Suarez for example, and in my opinion are replaceable. Of course any new signing they make will be a risk but the key for Southampton is to not buy unwisely ala Spurs. Also I think just having the name of Koeman as their manager instantly interests top (better) players. Koeman has an amazing pedigree in the game and will, in my opinion, attract top players (if given the funds) to make Southampton better with a helluva lot of money leftover to bank, invest further in their youths or pay off any debt they may have!

I have no real interest in Southampton and can't believe i'm posting this so late! :) Their scouts, youth development, signing policy, board and management over the past few years though has been nothing short of miraculous!

They have to pay 27m in owed transfer fees but this is ridiculous!

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

Didn't realise this but still believe they could pay this off and replace the players they have sold, given the inflated fees they have received/may receive.

Arsenal sign Calum Chambers from Southampton. The fee hasn't been confirmed yet. Some are reporting £7 million others are saying £12 million

He is my favourite out of all the Southampton youth atm really like James Ward-Prose as well that pairing would be my central midfield for years if i managed a club.

He is my favourite out of all the Southampton youth atm really like James Ward-Prose as well that pairing would be my central midfield for years if i managed a club.

You'd play Chambers, a right-back, in central midfield?