Transfers

Van Persie to Man Utd?

http://www.mirror.co...bin-van-1148540

Manchester United believe they have won

the £20million race to sign Robin van Persie.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is confident the Arsenal captain will team up with Wayne Rooney to form a formidable strike-force

in a rebuilt side he hopes can win back the title.

Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie in tandem? Frightening!Manchester United

Van Persie scored 30 Premier League goals last term to help the Gunners to third in the table, while Rooney struck 27 times for United.

Ferguson is understood to have told footballing friends he believes van Persie will be moving to Old Trafford, despite the interest of money-bags Premier League champions Manchester City and Italian league winners Juventus.

Selling his skipper to Sir Alex would be a huge blow to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

It would come 12 months after a summer that saw City buy Samir Nasri and Barcelona purchase then-captain Cesc Fabregas.

But Arsenal have little option but to sell - unless they want to lose van Persie for nothing next summer, as the forward has announced he will not sign a new deal.

Ferguson could beat noisy neighbours City to RvP's sgnatureJohn Peters

City are committed to off-loading players before sanctioning more big spending and, despite the champions' vastly ­superior financial clout, van Persie is believed to have been most tempted by a move to Old Trafford.

The 28-year-old Holland star was back in training this week after Euro 2012 and with

a number of bids already made, Arsenal are keen to decide on his future before leaving on a Far East tour this weekend.

He wants to win the league somewhere.

Juventus would be a better destination.

Where better to go to win the league than Man Utd? Chelsea thought they had Utd when they bought the league but Utd bounced back, if I was RVP I'd join Utd, the odds are they'll win the Prem when he's there

Van Persie won't go to Man Utd.

Why not?

He wants to win the league somewhere.Juventus would be a better destination.

12 league titles in the last 20 years would suggest if he wants to win the league "somewhere" then United wouldn't be a bad shout.

RVP at United this season tilts the odds slightly in their favour I think.

Where better to go to win the league than Man Utd? Chelsea thought they had Utd when they bought the league but Utd bounced back, if I was RVP I'd join Utd, the odds are they'll win the Prem when he's there

Exactly. This happens every few years. Some team topples United and everyone starts saying "its over for United", "They aren't the team they were" etc. It becomes tedious listening to it.