Transfers

Would I fuck pay £26m for someone who plays in the Brazilian leagues.

Why? It's one of the best leagues in the world. Just because you dont see it. The economy in Brazil is very strong now so it's going to cost a lot more than in the past. This price is a steal if you look at some of the signings in the epl.

£26 million is way too much for someone who has not proven himself in Europe.

It's a risk that could go either way, there are far better options out there for that kind of money than a young Brazilian.

Neymar is the pick of the youth in Brazil and even then I wouldn't pay that kind of money.

There is a difference , Hazard is far more experienced in Europe (tu).

Indeed.

He has played in France and won the young player of the year and player of the year while helping Lille to titles and excelled in Champions Leagues games. Pretty different to a kid who has only played in Brazil.

There is a difference , Hazard is far more experienced in Europe (tu).

That's what I mean, making fergie sound a bit daft. Claiming chelsea were silly for forking out for hazard, who's been dynamite in France, when his club is paying a similar amount of money for someone not proven in Europe.

The standard of football in the Brazilian league would be higher than France.

Nah not for me.

France is also a far better representative of what players will be facing in England unlike guys playing in Brazil which a good number prove to be too lightweight for European football.

Hazard has played in the biggest competition in Europe and shone, can’t really say the same for the kid who will cost a near £30 million.

HUGE gamble.

I don't think the argument should be over the quality of the Brazil and French leagues but more over the quality of the player. Hazard was French player of the year two seasons in a row, but according to my Brazilian friends Lucas Moura has been pretty inconsistent despite showing flashes of genius at times. No doubt Moura would be a much bigger gamble, which SAF has a hit and miss record with.

Nah not for me.

France is also a far better representative of what players will be facing in England unlike guys playing in Brazil which a good number prove to be too lightweight for European football.

Hazard has played in the biggest competition in Europe and shone, can’t really say the same for the kid who will cost a near £30 million.

HUGE gamble.

Too lightweight for European football?

You've obviously never witnessed some of the hatchet men that play in the South American leagues?

Too lightweight for European football?

You've obviously never witnessed some of the hatchet men that play in the South American leagues?

This particular player is on the lightweight side or have you not seen him play? I have seen the lad a good few times and he’s lightning quick with tremendous feet but he get’s shoved off the ball far to easily and in England he would take a good few whacks like Robinho who quickly fell out of love with the game at City.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule like Sandro and of course the best player in my lifetime Ronaldo but in the main South American players tend to flop in Europe due to the difference in styles.

£26 million for a boy who has never experienced club football outside of his homeland is a big gamble and for that money United could get far better imo.

This particular player is on the lightweight side or have you not seen him play? I have seen the lad a good few times and he’s lightning quick with tremendous feet but he get’s shoved off the ball far to easily and in England he would take a good few whacks like Robinho who quickly fell out of love with the game at City.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule like Sandro and of course the best player in my lifetime Ronaldo but in the main South American players tend to flop in Europe due to the difference in styles.

£26 million for a boy who has never experienced club football outside of his homeland is a big gamble and for that money United could get far better imo.

You made a generalisation about Brazilian players, not about this particular one. But strike a light, now they flop because of the difference in styles! :rolleyes:

This particular player is on the lightweight side or have you not seen him play? I have seen the lad a good few times and he's lightning quick with tremendous feet but he get's shoved off the ball far to easily and in England he would take a good few whacks like Robinho who quickly fell out of love with the game at City.

This isn't a dig at you, but I'm honesty getting sick of reading that phrase on here. It seems to be the standard response to every single player that moves for a reasonably high/unexpected fee.

This isn't a dig at you, but I'm honesty getting sick of reading that phrase on here. It seems to be the standard response to every single player that moves for a reasonably high/unexpected fee.

I was thinking the same.

I'm not having a dig at Scottio because on the whole he is one of the better posters on this site but that statement does annoy me too. Yes it may be a bit of a gamble but some of the things you need to take into consideration are:

The boys age. At his age he will have a very sell on if it doesn't work.

He can give United plenty of years if it does work.

The economy of Brazil is very high at the moment so you will need to pay top dollar to get a player from there. Havent Chelsea just "gambled" on a youngster from there?

How much it would cost down the line if he ends up elsewhere and he is a sensation. You would be looking then at £50 mil plus.

These things into consideration makes it a worthwhile "gamble". I don't think it is a gamble. SAF wouldnt pay that much unless they where sure. What I don't understand is why anyone is up in arms over this particualr player when other teams have paid similar or more for players with a similar track record.