***The official Euro 2012 thread***

He played a pretty damn good Portugal team at Euro 2004 (but he was just a pup then) that had a lot of Porto players coming off the season of their lives: Deco, Nuno Valente, Ferrreira, Costinha, Maniche & Carvalho plus legends like Rui Costa, Figo, Couto & Pauleta & very good players like Ricardo, Simao, Petit & Miguel too. Looking back it's criminal that those group of players failed to win that torunament.

As far as having a quality striker goes, I think Pauleta was quality and they've never really replaced him since he retired.

Yeah he was only 17/18 back then but was a raw talent. They had a great chance back then to win and the they wont get a better chance than they had against the Greeks.

Major over-rating of Ronaldo's performance, in my opinion anyway.

It was a decent performance with a couple of flashes of genius. Certainly one you'd expect from a player of his calibre against the Czechs.

It was better than decent imo.

His work rate has been nothing short of tremendous for Portugal so far and with the Czechs sitting behind the ball it was testament of the boy’s ability that he hit the post twice and made there back line look silly with his touches.

He is doing what a genuine world class player should be doing and thats getting his team to the final stages of international tournaments.

Major over-rating of Ronaldo's performance, in my opinion anyway.

It was a decent performance with a couple of flashes of genius. Certainly one you'd expect from a player of his calibre against the Czechs.

:lol:

If Ronaldo scored 3 over head kicks from outside the box in the final to win the tournament 3-2, some people would say he should have scored 4 and you would expect a player of his "calibre" to do better. Yet Messi farts in the bath and people say it produced the best bubbles they had ever seen and the guys a genius for it.

If I had a mortgage I'd be lumping it on Germany tonight.

1/3 is like buying money.

Ive just stuck £200 on it. If I had more in my account I would put more on. If I get some good results at Ascot today I will put more on.

See the Germans are taken this lightly ( yes I know the players coming in are class players) but its the first choice, it could prove to be a mistake. It'll pump the Greeks up even more.

They should though win at a canter.