Where now for the RST?

They've been actively pushing (well, one of them has :rolleyes: ) for this demo' to take place - you know, the "we're not complaining about Charles Green (well, we are actually), this is just a pro-Walter gathering"....and now it has been cancelled.

This group claims to represent (and speak on behalf of) the Rangers support.

They aren't doing a very good job.

Where do they go from here?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they got rid of a couple of people and regrouped they could still do a very important job.

I know where your coming from but I think they're so discredited and basically soiled that they need to disband and another organisation started from scratch (minus those people obviously).

I know where your coming from but I think they're so discredited and basically soiled that they need to disband and another organisation started from scratch (minus those people obviously).

Governments, indeed countries have been overthrown in what is known as a 'military coup'.

A bloodless coup should be organised a.s.a.p. and the regime changed from within.

All those directors and board members who have departed from its midst over the last five-years or so can't all be wrong.

Something stinks in the RST and it needs gutted out.

Democracy demands it. :angry:

They've been actively pushing (well, one of them has :rolleyes: ) for this demo' to take place - you know, the "we're not complaining about Charles Green (well, we are actually), this is just a pro-Walter gathering"....and now it has been cancelled.

This group claims to represent (and speak on behalf of) the Rangers support.

They aren't doing a very good job.

Where do they go from here?

Despite my intention to attend the rally, I was very surprised that they gave such unequivocal support to a rally which had so split the support. Were they able to canvass members ?

Furthermore by lending their support to Walter's cause they were more or less ostracising themselves from the current owner should Walter's consortium be unsuccessful.

Despite my intention to attend the rally, I was very surprised that they gave such unequivocal support to a rally which had so split the support. Were they able to canvass members ?

Furthermore by lending their support to Walter's cause they were more or less ostracising themselves from the current owner should Walter's consortium be unsuccessful.

D'Art you're someone who has my utmost respect, your articles and posts are insightful and informative and usually sensible. In my opinion you were wrong about your initial support for this rally though. It could never have been anything other than divisive. There is no way in the world that a pro-Walter (I hate that term) rally could be seen as anything but an anti-Green one.

imo the other fans groups have long had the power to get rid of the rst and done nothing about it.

its time the assenly, vanguard, rm and any other forum/group with a large membership release a joint statement saying that the views of the rst do not represent our views or that of our members.

this would surely lead to the mhedia no longer running to the rst for statements etc.

its time this sham of an organisation was disbanded and its members(if they want to be in a fan group) join one of the others. i also think its about time all our various fans groups and forums nominate a mhedia person who speaks on behalf of our club and gets a rough fan opinion b4 acting.

this is the perfect time for all this to happen and in these stormy times which are only going to get worse in the next few weeks is very much needed.

If they got rid of a couple of people and regrouped they could still do a very important job.

This !!

I reckon it's time they liquidated and formed a Newco. They could get rid of the baggage from their past and start afresh.

The RST is a good concept poorly executed.

There have been other incidents, but their blind unquestioning support for TBK and TBK2 reeks of self serving.

They were bought from the start and fatally wounded by it.

They won't reform though, self-preservation will see them fall into line like this never happened.

I'm pretty sure Green will sell to McColls lot eventually and the RST will have the neck to see that as some kind of victory.

I'm disgusted at the way they have encouraged the support to harm the club and help TBK2 steal it from Green.

If they can be bought so easily, how can we rely on them in future ? (Not that I did before)

imo the other fans groups have long had the power to get rid of the rst and done nothing about it.

its time the assenly, vanguard, rm and any other forum/group with a large membership release a joint statement saying that the views of the rst do not represent our views or that of our members.

this would surely lead to the mhedia no longer running to the rst for statements etc.

its time this sham of an organisation was disbanded and its members(if they want to be in a fan group) join one of the others. i also think its about time all our various fans groups and forums nominate a mhedia person who speaks on behalf of our club and gets a rough fan opinion b4 acting.

this is the perfect time for all this to happen and in these stormy times which are only going to get worse in the next few weeks is very much needed.

The RST are part of the Assembly, I'm sure. (Or maybe its the assiciation.)

Can RM release a statement on behalf of all users against the RST? What if 100 RM users are RST members and believe in it.

I think the RST is a busted flush, it has limited membership, and even then, a number of its members are simply members because they have a £10 standing order every year that they've never bothered cancelling.

There has always been a large element of our support that haven't taken to the Trust, but they have driven more away, through their actions as a group and actions as an individual.

However, they have such a small base of followers and such a small amount that turn up at AGMs that things go unchanged.

The way to change it would be for 50/60 folk who don't agree with them/those in charge to join, attend an AGM and vote against those at the top. Would only cost a tenner a head, alright, they would get £500, but you could call it redundancy money.