Ian Black: I'll be a Div 3 star

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very odd feeling that Ian Black could, and will, become an important player for us over the next few seasons. I know we'd be signing a player of questionable integrity, but I can somehow imagine him leaving the club a legend. Hell, if any club's going to sort him out it's probably us.

if we managed to have black and hutton in the middle, with kerkar and bedoya on the flanks (with mitchell as a backup should one of these guys leave) and big jig and little up front, we would have a team that would likely challenge for 2nd in the spl, let alone win div 3!

with these guys on board, we could then look to sign up some journeyman types to get us through the lower leagues and help bring on the younger types

“I’m open to offers — from Rangers or anybody else. I’ll see how it goes.”

I think the Rangers angle is just to get in the press, it's more newsworthy than "Ian Black still unemployed". I didn't read it that he was particularly keen to play in Div 3, but rather that if nothing else came along he'd take the job. I think he's just angling for offers, which is fair enough.

I don't like black but he could be just the man the rangers need to get through the leagues as a lot of the lower league players will relish the chance of playing against us and booting us up and down the park so he could be just the player dish it right back out!!!!! He's still a prick!!!!

People still thinking Lee Wallace will start the season a Rangers player are very optimistic. Div 3 is a bridge too far I think. Hope I'm wrong.

your right about LW and I would also take Black but personally I believe reconstruction will take place and we will return to the top flight next season.