Andrew Shinnie

Says when he was released last seson he felt like it took forever to regain his confidence and play on a regular basis for ICT.....

Now he feels like he actually had his first bit of footballing luck to no longer be at Rangers given our current plight and feels sorry for Perry,Hutton etc for staying

Hilarious given the stausthese guys will achieve and that his own career will most likely be journeyman material.....

in fairness, i can understand why he would be feeling pissed off - we had a number of promising youngsters who struggled to get any game time even when we had players injured and werent signing anyone. how many games did we complain about in the last 3 seasons or so, when we had a players played out of position - to the point where Papac was playing centre midfield? i cant remember Shinnnies goal against us (or the celebration), but as a fan, i would be pissed off if i knew i was good enough to get into the Rangers team, but the manager was happy to play his favourite players anywhere on the park.

i have my tin hat on now, but seriously, a lot of people complained about this, so i dont see why we bitch about a former player complaining about the same thing. it would have been nice for him to say something positive, but in the end, its not the worst i've heard anyone say.

edit: and the reason he has probably came out with this is that he now realises he could have been playing first team football for us if he had stayed.

in fairness, i can understand why he would be feeling pissed off - we had a number of promising youngsters who struggled to get any game time even when we had players injured and werent signing anyone. how many games did we complain about in the last 3 seasons or so, when we had a players played out of position - to the point where Papac was playing centre midfield? i cant remember Shinnnies goal against us (or the celebration), but as a fan, i would be pissed off if i knew i was good enough to get into the Rangers team, but the manager was happy to play his favourite players anywhere on the park.

i have my tin hat on now, but seriously, a lot of people complained about this, so i dont see why we bitch about a former player complaining about the same thing. it would have been nice for him to say something positive, but in the end, its not the worst i've heard anyone say.

edit: and the reason he has probably came out with this is that he now realises he could have been playing first team football for us if he had stayed.

i agree with you here.

this is one of the things i worry about slightly as well , even in division 3 some of our youngsters who are more than good ennough to play will be left out for experienced guys like beattie teale etc assuming they sign

1343193465' post='1060259142']

Sour grapes indeed. What a horrible attitude, it was probably for the best he was moved on if this is the way he acts as a person.

Yes I would hope that we take this opportunity to root out the detrimental and disruptive element from our dressing room. The greedy aspect.

We also need to make sure that these 'pampered,' youngsters don't develop god complexes and snobish attitudes. I got the feeling that these boys had it too easy with our plush facilities and thought that they were better than they were.

Fair enough some of them didn't get a chance to show what they could do and our youth coaches dont always shower themselves in glory but we need to breed of hungry youngsters challenging hsrd for every first team position.

He possibly was good enough and should have got a crack at our first team.

To feel sorry for players who will finish their career with a lot more medals, caps an money is a strange thing to say though.

To be fair to the lad I think what he said has been misinterpreted, he said he was "sorry for my friends who are still there and caught up in it all when it is not their fault"...fair comment, it is not the players fault and they have been put through a helluva lot!