Edu wants to quit Gers

TBH if Edu wants to leave then he should just go and stop taking money away from the club for doing nothing. If he is still here by the weekend then Coisty should tell him and Bedoya to get the boots on and play, they can't have it both ways.

Agree its money wasted if he's leaving.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH if Edu wants to leave then he should just go and stop taking money away from the club for doing nothing. If he is still here by the weekend then Coisty should tell him and Bedoya to get the boots on and play, they can't have it both ways.

I agree, but I think he is 'injured'. I don't think he's the type to bleed us dry. Hopefully not anyway!

Don't understand why he wouldn't want to play in games like last night, honestly can't see anyone taking him :lol:

Rangers aren't the be all and end all for him.. he has a world cup to prepare for and playing in the 3rd division won't do him any favours.

As for him leaving before the weekend.. he can only leave when a club comes in for him! I'd imagine there's a few clubs around Europe that are watching our situation.. They'll been keen to swoop in at the last minute with a bag of spare change knowing that we'll have no choice but to sell.

Haven't seen anything about this. A bit bloody shit if true

10.38: Ally McCoist has admitted that Maurice Edu is set to leave Rangers on a free transfer after rejecting the club's offer to transfer his contract.

From football365.com transfer blog. Now, to be fair, generally, they don't give an arse about Scottish football so taking it with a pinch of incompetent salt. Will be rather irritated and confused though if he's been training with us for weeks yet has refused to transfer over. Can he even do that? Just want a fee, even if it is only 300k

Must be bullshit, right?

10.38: Ally McCoist has admitted that Maurice Edu is set to leave Rangers on a free transfer after rejecting the club's offer to transfer his contract.

From football365.com transfer blog. Now, to be fair, generally, they don't give an arse about Scottish football so taking it with a pinch of incompetent salt. Will be rather irritated and confused though if he's been training with us for weeks yet has refused to transfer over. Can he even do that? Just want a fee, even if it is only 300k

Must be bullshit, right?

I'd expect it to be bullshit, he can leave for only £300k, its not a fee that will put off the type of team the Edu will most likely go to and he will be picking up his weekly wage, If he hadn't transferred he wouldn't have been getting a wage from when CG took over.

Must be bullshit, right?

hes waited too long to do this. you have 14 days to refuse to transfer(at most) think it may be even less so i thinks this may be bullshit.

i also think he has been paid by green(newco) as the wages were paid the other week.

ave the "hammer" as I call it. Their first problem is Klinsmann. If he didnt have a problem with the level of competition they probably would have

stayed for at least a year. Edu is firm on the U.S. team somewhat but he still has to perform to stay on the starting 11. Bedoya on the other had

needs to really shine to get more national team looks. Staying here wont help him with Klinsmann.

I definitely doubt they will take the level of competition into consideration as it's a spur of the moment thing. There we were competing in Europe every season and then over the course of 6 months we are in the bottom tier of Scottish football. You cannot judge a footballers ability in these sort of circumstances.

Don't understand why he wouldn't want to play in games like last night, honestly can't see anyone taking him :lol:

It was Ally's decision not to pick Edu and Bedoya for the squad which makes sense as there's no point playing players who aren't going to be here for the rest of the season.

thats hilarious why?

Don't know :lol: Just shouted 'Mo' and he turned round and started running, never realised it was Bedoya with him till after they had gone. If what someone posted is true and some people were giving them abuse then that probably explains it.

Rangers have received an offer for USA international midfielder Maurice Edu from Ipswich.

With Rangers relaunched in Division Three, the 26-year-old has not featured this term and is seeking an exit.

Edu moved to Ibrox from Toronto in 2008, and has won three Scottish Premier League titles.

Manager Ally McCoist confirmed that Ipswich had tabled a bid and said he would like the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

"There is nothing at the moment," said McCoist.

"As far as I know, there has been an offer on the table from Ipswich which, as yet, he hasn't accepted.

"He trained this morning. I'm just hopeful something can be resolved sooner rather than later."