Sandaza, Emilson and Kyle all sign

RFC55

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or possibly we are 23 players down, of which about half were on high wages. Which has freed up a sizable chunk of wages to spend?

A good point.

I suppose we must be saving over £100,000 every week with the players that have left. I just hope we don't go overboard signing all these experienced players.

I've always said we haven't been the best at bringing through youth - I wouldn't have sent my kid to Rangers under Walter to be honest - but now is the time to let the likes of Perry, McKay and Hutton etc shine.

The Boca fanboys won't like that...

Don't you mean the (presumably non-existent) Emilson fanboys? I said I hoped he didnt play like a 'low budget' version of Boca - wasn't insulting the original. Actually, I haven't got a bad word to say about Captain America.

Notwithstanding injections of capital by private investors.

That agent dude invested £1million.

Pretty sure the director Imran from Zeus invested money.

According to Imran, the investors raised £10million a couple of months ago, which was after having to show £30-35million proof of funds to D&P, whether it's true is another question.

Edit: He also claimed they were looking to raise another £20million in the next few months.

PS. Above info about Imran was heard during that call to Tommy the c*ltic fan or whatever he was.

I think there are better strikers out there who are younger & less injury prone, but they would cost money to buy and we are obviously trying to build a squad without overspending so I can understand why we have gone for Kyle.

The signing doesn't do much for me, but I think he will do ok though. He'll be an option from the bench and playing at a lower level might actually help him stay fit because it'll be less demanding on his body.

If he says fit he'll score goals. I have no doubts about that.

The only signing I'm not bothered about is Kyle. I've never rated him. He's probably the type of player we need up front as I have no faith in Lee McCulloch either, I'd rather he sat in the middle of the park with Black and Hutton. Shiels and Sandaza are good signings, and Emilson has experience of playing in Italy's top flight. I'd have liked to see Craig Beattie sign and maybe that will still happen (Shiels and Little can be used in the wide midfield areas but probably not ideal). Really hope to see younger players get their chance this year like Cole, Hegarty, Macleod and McKay. Hopefully these sort of signings will help their development.

I think there are better strikers out there who are younger & less injury prone, but they would cost money to buy and we are obviously trying to build a squad without overspending so I can understand why we have gone for Kyle.

The signing doesn't do much for me, but I think he will do ok though. He'll be an option from the bench and playing at a lower level might actually help him stay fit because it'll be less demanding on his body.

If he says fit he'll score goals. I hav no doubts about that.

I think a lot of teams were looking at thinking 'we'll bully this team of kids' when we were originally demoted, but now they'll be looking at seeing Ian Black, Sandaza, McCulloch, Broadfoot, Wallace, Kyle, Perry and big Hutton and doubting themselves.

A good point.

I suppose we must be saving over £100,000 every week with the players that have left. I just hope we don't go overboard signing all these experienced players.

I've always said we haven't been the best at bringing through youth - I wouldn't have sent my kid to Rangers under Walter to be honest - but now is the time to let the likes of Perry, McKay and Hutton etc shine.

I completely agree i think we should be looking at 3 or 4 experienced players to go with McCulloch, Alexander, Wallace and Broadfoot and then give the youngster a chance. I feel we are making the same mistakes we did last time! It's a must that we have to go down the Youth route!

A good point.

we have youth...we needes a bit of class and some experience. We are well on the way to having a team that would give the taigs a run for thier money......at a fraction of our previous wage bill. If we can shift out boca goian and a few big earners, then replace them with cheaper decent options, we will be sorted.