Goian - Trabonspor . Edu - Ipswich

MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both in talks with respective clubs.

Goian is a bit of a mercenary isn't he? Staying , going, staying.

Edu. Ipswich.... Funny

I was speaking to Goian at the East Fife match a very decent guy and very polite.

Most footballers are Mercenary though it comes with the job.

Edu to Ipswich is about his level.

This. I'd be far happier with Perry and Boca at the back.

I like Goian, but similar to Boogie (not in playing style) he is a bit of a liability at the back at times.

I'd far rather Boca mentoring Perry through games.

Perry injured and his command of the box still needs some work going to be a very decent player for us and would certainly improve week on week.

He was on the bench with the subs watching the East Fife game.

To be fair Edu has had his decent spells during his time with us, being frank the valencia move was never going to fucking happen.. ever

He's a good athlete it has to be said will run all day but his awareness and use of the ball is not great.

I think that is why no team came in for him just yet.

It would be a mistake by Edu to go to Ipswich, they consistently overspend and underachieve. Considering Edu is entering his peak years, there is a fair chance that he will get lost in the the constant grind that is the Championship. Spending 2 or 3 years fighting for 10th position is hardly going to ensure he keeps his place in the US National team, which i assume is his priority. He should hang fire and wait for a better option.

From our perspective I would rather he went along with Goian asap so we can move away from the uncertainty.