Andre Moritz on trial

MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two out of the amount of trialists we've had over the last two years is pathetic, shows a lack of preparation to me.

Or we have just given chances to players we weren't sure about and not signing them turned out to be the correct decision as none of them have really proven themselves worthy of being signed since. Maybe we should just sign trialists just to say we have then. Although we signed two last week.

Two out of the amount of trialists we've had over the last two years is pathetic, shows a lack of preparation to me.

I think trialists during Whyte's time should be utterly discounted considering the man has since proven to be an utter crook. Might well have been that he vetoed any deals back then.

A trial is a trial at the end of the day. I'm sure if we know the player is good enough and we know they are willing to come play for us then we will just sign them, ala Shiels. I'm quite happy for us to bring players in to have a look at, even if it doesn't end up in a deal

Andre Moritz ‏@andremoritz10

they asked me to play friendly game with no garantee im 26 this is my job i could not risk injury and be without work

Basically he refused to play in a bounce game.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think we should be signing footballers who are afraid to play football (tu)

Surely if we offered him a contract now he would sign, said he wouldn't play in bounce match as no contract promised beforehand.

But why would we offer him a contract if we had him over for a trial to assess if he's any good and he refuses to show us if he's any good?

Seems rather ridiculous that a club would have to explain to a trialist that he might have to impress them in a trial match in order to win a contract.

Best of luck to the guy but frankly, if you are too afraid to play a game of football then I think it is the right decision to tell him where to go

I understand trials but ours seem a fucking joke being honest.

Don't even need a crystal ball.

Our system of bringing in trialists is so flawed it's unreal. As soon as you see the word 'trial', you know they won't sign.

A case of speaking too soon there lads. The player refused to play a bounce game so we let him go. Well done on making yourself look like tits :lol::craphead:.

A player who doesn't understand that trials generally involve showing what you can do in a bounce game environment? Oh right.

I'm sure all clubs have different trial processes, so surely it'd be discussed before the player arrives.

Would save so much time and money of things were done properly, honestly.