Michael Fink and David Templeton

simplythebest

Hold on a minute.

Hearts were made to wait for the Wallace money,they are not owed the final payment till July 2013 so how are we making them wait?

Larsson would be an excellent signing as would Gomis..Templeton is a non starter unless the whole SPL restructuring would mean we're straight into the new SPL next season which is what they want but would create such a backlash would never happen IMO

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buying teams have all the power nearer the end of the window

Tony Pulis came out with this the other day saying that he prefers to wait until the end of windows to buy players for this reason.

Templeton is certainly the type of player we need, whether we can get him is another thing.

Far from it. Last year we turned over £36m with fair enough less season tickets sold but they were sold at a far higher price. It was said that our running costs were at £45m. The wage bill was around the £23m mark apparently, and if you knock that off by two thirds/three quarters to what it is now. The current wage bill stands at around lets say £7-9m. We have lost more or less all of our major sponsors except for Tennents as well as receiving none of the albeit small tv money and prize money we received in the SPL although it reached about £3-5m? of that £35m turnover. We've also had to pay off our debts to Scottish clubs and some of the European clubs are still waiting for their money so I really don't think we have money coming out of our ears to be splashing £2m on anybody. I hope I am proven wrong but I think you are overestimating what our turnover will be this season and how high the running costs are for the remainder of the club. Because if there were barely any job losses (excluding playing staff) and the running costs were at £45m where are we going to make up that £12m to help run a club the size of Rangers as well as investing millions in playing staff.

Tarrier accounting.

To all those saying we don't need defensive midfielders?

We only have one. Ian Black

Jig done any count as he is awful in the position

Hutton is clearly not fancied

Edu is away

So who am I missing?

Never been a fan of defensive mids/anchormen anyway - if you need extra in defence play 5-3-2 - I don't like that most formations that employ a defensive mid lack any sort of width.

Know nothing of Fink but Templeton would be great, cant see it though with Mad Vlads hatred of Rangers and if Templetons a tim that makes it even less likely tbh. Also would not take Gomis on loan for full wages, why pay over the odds for a guy whos probably going to go back to Birmingham after his loan expires.

Fink is shite. Utterly shite. His clubs in Germany were Bielefeld, Frankfurt and Gladbach all clubs who were seious relegation candidates at that time.

Each of the clubs you mention would win the SPL more often than not. Steven Fletcher has just left a relegated club in Wolves for a hefty transfer fee, so just because a club were relegated doesn't mean no-one is therfore worth buying.

Couldn't comment on Fink as i havent seen enough of him.

Fink is shite. Utterly shite. His clubs in Germany were Bielefeld, Frankfurt and Gladbach all clubs who were seious relegation candidates at that time.

Get ahold of yourself for crying out loud. That is 2 huge football clubs you have mentioned and one who would be contesting the SPL title had they been Scottish. Relegation candidates in the Bundesliga equate to SPL title contenders.