Boycott the Motherwell game?

TannochsideBear

Boycott or not  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why boycott Ibrox? Surely there is a minimum price that is set for cup games(£5,£10 ????) and we should adhere to that and make up the difference with the programmes for ourselves? I doubt very much whether we would get away with £1 tickets? But it is an avenue that Mr Green and co could look at and could work out very good for us if achieved?

IMO anyone who boycotts a game at Ibrox is cutting their nose off to spite their face. I appreciate that ticket money would be split if the game was at Fir Park, and I understand their point that it is no different.

However it is JUST different at Ibrox, supporting Gers at home should always be more important than making a point against anyone.

Just my opinion. That's taking it to far IMO.

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

stupid question to ask the fans to stay away from ibrox. we are rangers supporters why should we harm our own club

I’m a Rangers supporter, not a Motherwell hater. Why would I put dislike of another club over supporting my team, and harm my own team financially?

If Motherwell get a couple of quid as a result of me supporting my team, then that’s unfortunate, but I can live with it.

I do understand the debate from a financial point of view and not giving these cunts a pay day. But at Ibrox we have to continue to support the team in large numbers..it's our home and for alot of the players we have signed our support and having near 50k at ibrox for games has been a big factor in them signing. A boycott of all SPL grounds is something I would support but not our own ground.

i would never condone a boycott of Rangers playing at Ibrox. but under the circumstances i would not condemn it either.

but for a mid week tie, not covered by season tickets, if there are more than 32K there, i will be very surprised. particularly if televised.

against Falkirk, about 27K turned out, which was an incredible crowd, for a mid week cup tie.

which makes the Elgin game with 46k AND ON T.V. Truly astonishing, albeit the vast majority being season ticket holders.

the question of whether we should assist an SPL club, Motherwell or any other by paying them, what i calculate as 42.5% (100%-15% to home club=85% divided by 2= 42.5%) 0r £4.25 for every £10, of the gate receipts is i think a matter for each individual bear to decide.

What happens if, for example, Green says £15 for tickets, and Motherwell say no.

What's the next action in such a case?

I also understand we're not experts on such intricate matters :lol:.

Clubs try to agree on a price, if no agreement then the home teams regular price for league games is adhered to. So the lowest price we can charge is the price for our Div 3 games. And NO to a boycott of any games at Ibrox only hurts Rangers financially and the team in having numbers to back them.

What happens if, for example, Green says £15 for tickets, and Motherwell say no.

What's the next action in such a case?

I also understand we're not experts on such intricate matters :lol:.

I would think there is a minimum price that we can sell our tickets,and motherwell have no say in the matter.

I think the only way we would have to agree a price with them is if we were making tickets lower than the minimum price.

Which of course they wouldent agree to.So we an sell our tickets at whatever the minimum price is whether they like it or not. :cgreen: I think