Ross Perry

nvager

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is trying to forge a partnership with men who don't speak English in Argyriou and Cribari. He has no support or help from his midfielders and no leadership or organisational help from his manager. The boy is a sitting duck. Good managers have made good defeners out of average players in the past, that is what we need, a good manager.

We need good coaches IMO

I'm sorry but what we have isn't good enough.It was proved last season when we lost our "best" player or should i say most in form player our whole team collapsed and lost a 15 point lead in less time than it takes to do a shit.

I love Ally and how loyal he's been but his back room staff may be mates but i don't think they have it. Who is our defensive coach??Get big Goughy in.

Who is our striking coach??..maybe Ally should concentrate on that

That first goal last night was shocking school boy defending.

QOS played well,passed it really well and attacked like we should be but we look totally clueless at times and i'm afraid that's the management teams job to organise and motivate.

I think the lad will come good. He's going through a rough patch at the moment, but who isn't at the moment. Totally new team, and players who really don't know one another. Let's hope it gets sorted in the coming weeks.

He is trying to forge a partnership with men who don't speak English in Argyriou and Cribari. He has no support or help from his midfielders and no leadership or organisational help from his manager. The boy is a sitting duck. Good managers have made good defeners out of average players in the past, that is what we need, a good manager.

I have to disagree with u. He may be playing with guys that can't speak English but that's not the reason he is playing poor.

He is not a good player. He has been out on loan at clubs and struggled especially at Falkirk.

Positionaly he is terrible, his distribution is awful and he can't read a game well. Not the best attributes for a centre half.

There are a few young players at the club that aren't good enuf and he is top of the list.

Interesting that so many last year were arguing he should be in instead of Bartley. Could never understand that myself.

He is struggling but in a very shakey defence. But I have seen enough in the past to think he might come good given time. I can still remember how many people said Hutton was a dud

On my phone and when I seen the topic titled Ross Perry I was expecting praise for the boy. In my opinion I thought he had a pretty good game and was a stand out at the back starting from when he sprinted across to nick the ball when Cribari got caught out in the first 5 minutes. I don't think he was at fault for the goals either. I know he got beat for the cross at the first but he was actually trying to cover for Argyriou and it was Cribari's positional sense at both goals which cost us.

Anyway, defence certainly isn't where I would be pointing the finger for last night's performance. We were woeful going forward and the blame lies at the doors of the midfield and the striker. Yes one fucking striker at home to Queen of the South. Or was Dean Shield meant to be partnering Sandaza because I'm genuinely unsure. He appeared on the left l, he appeared up front but mostly he was missing for long periods of the game. So much so that I kept forgetting he was on and was only reminded of that when he had one of his very few touches of the ball.

Anyway, rant over, Ross Perry had a decent game.

I think Perry is awful. I've never got the hype that seems to surround him because IMO he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Cribari looks like a complelte dud too. It's no wonder he's only played about ten games in a year if that's how he plays.

To leave us with a kid and a foreginer who has never played in Britain in his life was a crazy decision and signing an experienced British experienced centre half should have been a priority in the final days of the window.

When McCoist panics after a bad result he tends to drop McCulloch further and further down the park so that more of the game is being played in front of him. After last nights result I don't think it'll be long until he is lining up in the centre of defence.

If your midfield can't do the basics then your defence is going to come under all sorts of fire, last season was the same with the middle of the park not doing the basics and giving away the balls lots which then led to stupid goals

It's going to get a helluva lot worse before it gets better or will it?

I think the lad will come good. He's going through a rough patch at the moment, but who isn't at the moment. Totally new team, and players who really don't know one another. Let's hope it gets sorted in the coming weeks.

I want to agree with this but he is looking weak at the moment and I am not sure he will make it but I agree that really it is to early to judge.

Rangers Football Club supporters discuss the merits of us playing a sweeper system in the 3rd Division in Scotland!! :anguish:

The thought of that really does worry me. :(

Could be seen as a positive move by some.............sweeper would force the back four forward in turn they would force midfield (what midfield I hear you ask) forward and the massive gap between midfield centre forward (yes I want one of them back, stuff your striker) might not seem as far away as the horizon.biggrin.gif

I think Perry is awful. I've never got the hype that seems to surround him because IMO he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Cribari looks like a complelte dud too. It's no wonder he's only played about ten games in a year if that's how he plays.

To leave us with a kid and a foreginer who has never played in Britain in his life was a crazy decision and signing an experienced British experienced centre half should have been a priority in the final days of the window.

When McCoist panics after a bad result he tends to drop McCulloch further and further down the park so that more of the game is being played in front of him. After last nights result I don't think it'll be long until he is lining up in the centre of defence.

Exactly!

Every game Perry has played there has been at least one howler. If I recall correctly he was pulled all over the place one game at Rugby Park yet people on here were raving about him.

Average player who is over hyped

He's the least imposing centre-half that I've ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Last night, he was atrocious and for their first, he was at fault. He let their player bring the ball down, then the other skin him with absolute ease. His distribution was so, so poor, as well.

I also can't remember a time where it's been more visible that a player's bottle had went than him in Berwick a couple of weeks ago. Even Berwick realised it and had everything going down the right.