***The Official Forres Mechanics v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

If we play a better standard of football, we'd win more comfortably. Winning and playing poor football don't have to be linked

I agree.. But.. The standard of football against Motherwell on Wednesday night was fantastic.. I watch the away games against 3rd division etc and we do struggle.. But to be fair in the main theses teams haven't really being playing football.. It always seens like a scrapping match.. Would love to see us play away against an SPL side.. Just to see how we do.. :craphead:

Disappointing but its a victory and I'll take all the positives I can from that. One of which is it puts us one positive step further forward on the journey. The need to see better performances and more decisive wins will not be lost on Ally or the squad. The fine print of finding ourselves in Div 3 with a new team being built is that it is going to take some time to get the level of gel needed to produce much better away performances. Every game and every step of the journey back to the very top is, IMO, going to require the best and biggest support we can give home and away even when the team are not as commanding as we'd like.

There are no short-cuts back to the very top. It's a long enough march through the divisions and more cup-ties away from home against teams who will see a visit by Rangers as being their cup final. We knew that when we accepted Div 3 and then suffered the consequences of a huge chunk of the squad who chose to jump ship. Despite that massive loss of experienced talent we won today so well done and on to the next game and see if we can win by a better margin and with better play.

for all the talk of players getting their legs broken when we are cuffing teams, im struggling to remember injuries in the East Fife, Elgin and Montrose games :rolleyes:

perhaps we were just shite today because we were just shite today, i see the loveable long ball was back in full action again (even though the wind made it virtually impossible to judge a flighted ball

ah well its chalked up as a win, fuck performances everyone wants a win only

I agree.. But.. The standard of football against Motherwell on Wednesday night was fantastic.. I watch the away games against 3rd division etc and we do struggle.. But to be fair in the main theses teams haven't really being playing football.. It always seens like a scrapping match.. Would love to see us play away against an SPL side.. Just to see how we do.. :craphead:

Indeed. The away games are all I'm discussing. Delighted with our home form

Disappointing but its a victory and I'll take all the positives I can from that. One of which is it puts us one positive step further forward on the journey. The need to see better performances and more decisive wins will not be lost on Ally or the squad. The fine print of finding ourselves in Div 3 with a new team being built is that it is going to take some time to get the level of gel needed to produce much better away performances. Every game and every step of the journey back to the very top is, IMO, going to require the best and biggest support we can give home and away even when the team are not as commanding as we'd like.

There are no short-cuts back to the very top. It's a long enough march through the divisions and more cup-ties away from home against teams who will see a visit by Rangers as being their cup final. We knew that when we accepted Div 3 and then suffered the consequences of a huge chunk of the squad who chose to jump ship. Despite that massive loss of experienced talent we won today so well done and on to the next game and see if we can win by a better margin and with better play.

(tu)

Nobody seems to be taking into account the really bad conditions. Playing football in that kind of wind is fucking awful and difficult to score in for any team. We managed to score one goal and the weak opposition didn't. It was too fucking windy to expect a decent scoreline. Forget about this game and move on.

Nobody seems to be taking into account the really bad conditions. Playing football in that kind of wind is fucking awful and difficult to score in for any team. We managed to score one goal and the weak opposition didn't. It was too fucking windy to expect a decent scoreline. Forget about this game and move on.

Funny how the Berwick game was played on a lovely warm day and we were brutal.

Indeed. The away games are all I'm discussing. Delighted with our home form

Me too.. But would like to see how we played away against an "SPL" side.. The SFL teams away have been very scrappy games.. Anyway might do after the draw for the league cup next week (tu)

Look as Ally said the other night it is still very much a work in progress. A very good performance vs Motherwell does not solve everything and likewise our inability, thus far, to play well away from Ibrox does not make us or Ally in general incapable.

There is no doubt that we need to work on a way to play better, especially away from home and a big factor in that is our approach and tempo in games. We showed in parts the other night we can pass the ball and play good attacking football so clearly motivation is a major factor we need to address. Don't get me wrong today was brutal against effectively a junior team but like others have said...its a win..move on....bigger challenges to come.

Funny how the Berwick game was played on a lovely warm day and we were brutal.

The Berwick game is irrelevant to my point. I didn't say we weren't awful, we were poor, as I said in an earlier post. My point is that the wind had a lot to do with the standard of football on display, TODAY.

I'm sick of people defending pish performances like this and taking pops at anyone who brings up any brutal truths. Before this game, anyone saying they'd take a 1-0 win would have been told to feck off by the majority or laughed at... now some of you are blaming the 'wind'... we have a team of professional footballers, their technique and ability should shine through against teams of this calibre EVERY MATCH.

Away games are a culture shock to what we're used to i'll agree, but the team we have should be destroying teams like this. 1-0 is NOT acceptable. BOTH teams today faced the same 'awful conditions' by the way.