Racism in Football

Ricky_

fucking sick of hearing about it. just want to watch some football, paying a fortune for sky sports, and when i tune in, all i hear about is John terry said this, Ashley cole said that, Rio Ferdinand called someone a chilled desert, Danny Rose blah blah FUCKING BLAH

what a fucking yawn fest.

I'm just going to throw this out there aswell.... why is making a deragotry comment about someones skin, more serious than, say, making fun of someones hair colour, or, having a big nose?

you might think it's a ridiculous comment right now, but think about how dramatically things have changed over the last 20 years. We're now at the stag where we throw peopel in jail for posting offensive jokes on Facebook.

Maybe 10 years from now a ginger kid will kill himself for being getting called carrot boy at school then society will suddenly be disgusted and fining the john terrys' of the future a few million quick for callign someone a ginger cunt cause the ginger guy called him a mad shagger.

now lets watch some fucking football!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an utter pain in the arse. I can't stand all this shite. Why should it be a bigger deal to berate a black person than it is to berate any other group? People slag of women, gays, asians, gingers, fatties, skinnies, short arses etc. That seems to be borderline acceptable. The minute though its aimed at a black person it becomes racist and a disgrace. It should be the same rule for everyone.

Ban the fuck out of everything!

Its an utter pain in the arse. I can't stand all this shite. Why should it be a bigger deal to berate a black person than it is to berate any other group? People slag of women, gays, asians, gingers, fatties, skinnies, short arses etc. That seems to be borderline acceptable. The minute though its aimed at a black person it becomes racist and a disgrace. It should be the same rule for everyone.

Ban the fuck out of everything!

You missed out spastics.

Bigot.

I honestly think white folk moan more about racism in football more than the blacks. Racism in football in the UK is such a vast minority that it's not even worth talking about. Kick out Racism campaign is a complete waste of funds.

what we need is a campaign to kick out the kick out the racism campaign

Guest **Panther Chic**

fucking sick of hearing about it. just want to watch some football, paying a fortune for sky sports, and when i tune in, all i hear about is John terry said this, Ashley cole said that,

lol! The more negative press they get the better. And no is not the same as making a remark about a person's hair colour etc. Race runs deeper and really has nothing to do with colour of skin either, it comes down to cultural background, nationalism etc. Maybe you would be better saying there's a lot of scapegoating? as there is.

lol! The more negative press they get the better. And no is not the same as making a remark about a person's hair colour etc. Race runs deeper and really has nothing to do with colour of skin either, it comes down to cultural background, nationalism etc. Maybe you would be better saying there's a lot of scapegoating? as there is.

Good luck selling that one.

Guest **Panther Chic**

Good luck selling that one.

Well what I mean is he drew a comparison between superficial traits (hair colour, physical appearance etc) and I made the point that the roots of racism are nothing to do with the physical traits. It runs deeper. And it should be treated seriously in football imo

Well what I mean is he drew a comparison between superficial traits (hair colour, physical appearance etc) and I made the point that the roots of racism are nothing to do with the physical traits. It runs deeper. And it should be treated seriously in football imo

Expand on your 'It runs deeper' claim and tell us how it is relevant to those downtrodden black footballers earning 100k+ per week.

What gives you the right to decide on whether other physical traits are considered superficial in comparison to race?

Guest **Panther Chic**

Nothing gives *me* the right to decide anything on the issue. I'm white and from a place where being white is more preferable due to how people from other backgrounds are treated (Belfast)...It's a widely held view, and there is a history behind it. I'm not saying I would feel sorry for Ashley Cole as a person if someone directed a racial comment towards him. But there has to be a boundary in place as racism is an historic problem, there's a reason laws are in place to prevent it in the workplace and in the professional arena. What I meant regarding physical traits etc. is that racism doesn't exist because people 'look different'. It exists because of the exploitation of underdeveloped countries and their people throughout history (ie. African slaves). I know that there have been examples of players making extremely provocative personal comments on the pitch to provoke and that's when throwaway racist comments are made ..But is better that there is a boundary against them because racist attacks etc are still very real in many countries in Europe and if it's not taken seriously in professional football it will be reflected behind the scenes and amongst fans

What I meant regarding physical traits etc. is that racism doesn't exist because people 'look different'. It exists because of the exploitation of underdeveloped countries and their people throughout history (ie. African slaves).

Where is the exploitation of black professional footballers in 2012?

The various campaigns are all about stopping abuse based on physical traits. None of them are advocating that we all take courses on the history of the slave trade.