***The Official Rangers v Peterhead Remembrance Weekend Match Thread***

Jon-the-Stripe

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit early is it not? I think official match threads should wait til at least the week of the match.

But I'm going and am buzzing for it, so nae bother (tu)

First chance at a wee bit of revenge in the league :21: Same team with Temps on the bench :D

$(KGrHqJ,!qgFBZ2!fUPvBQdJ8Wgf+Q~~60_35.JPG

Bit early is it not? I think official match threads should wait til at least the week of the match.

First chance at a wee bit of revenge in the league :21: Same team with Temps on the bench :D

Sorry, but the fact is i woke up with a semi thinking about it :blush:

Always an emotional day for Our Support and one that I know we all look forward to.

The Quintessential British Club were the leaders in showing respect, admiration and great thanks to Heroes that put their life on the line on a daily basis to protect this country.

Lets fill Ibrox this coming saturday and show the world what Rangers mean to us all - Show the world what our Armed Forces mean to us all.

Rangers Then - Rangers Now - Rangers Forever.

Ultimate Respect For All British Armed Forces.

Lest We Forget.

Sunday is the start of the week :thumbup:

I always remember the next match threads popping up almost instantly after the game.

This is the line up we played in the 2-2 draw on 11th August.

1. Neil Alexander

2. Kirk Broadfoot

3. Dorin Goian

4. Carlos Bocanegra

5. Lee Wallace

6. Ian Black

7. Lewis Macleod (Kevin Kyle 82)

8. Lee McCulloch

9. Dean Shiels

10. Andrew Little

11. Barry McKay (Fran Sandaza 65)

Subs

12. Scott Gallagher

13. Robert Crawford

14. Kyle Hutton

15. Francisco Sandaza (65)

16. Kevin Kyle (82)

Match summary (from SFL site):

"

Rangers endured a difficult start to life in the Irn-Bru Third Division as they were forced to scrap for a last-gasp 2-2 draw at Peterhead in an historic match for the Ibrox club.

Youngster Barrie McKay opened his Rangers account with what should have been a goal to savour, before second half goals from Rory McAllister and Scott McLaughlin saw the home side surge into the lead.

But Andy Little grabbed a late equaliser and a share of the points for Ally McCoist's men.

"

This club shows more respect and gratitude to those who serve us in the Armed Forces, past and present, than any other in the UK, in my opinion, that is why as an ex soldier myself, i am so proud of the way Rangers try to support those brave men and women, and i know it is really appreciated, especially by those in the armed forces who support other football teams, and wish their team would take a leaf out our book. Keep it up Rangers and put a show on and off the park on Saturday for our troops

Start the same team that started v Alloa. No need to change it.

If people are injured we should ease them into the game not just start them from the beginning because their fit.

The team played brilliant on Saturday against a team a division up from us, so i don't see why they can't do the same against Peterhead or any other team in this division.

This club shows more respect and gratitude to those who serve us in the Armed Forces, past and present, than any other in the UK, in my opinion, that is why as an ex soldier myself, i am so proud of the way Rangers try to support those brave men and women, and i know it is really appreciated, especially by those in the armed forces who support other football teams, and wish their team would take a leaf out our book. Keep it up Rangers and put a show on and off the park on Saturday for our troops

Yes mate we are Pioneers in supporting our troops at Ibrox.

On a note fare play to Partick Thistle as the too are supporting the Poppy appeal on the website.

They are sponsering the Jock Guards.

Nice one.The Wife and I will be there cant wait.

So, Do you think we'll break 50K bears?

I reckon its gonna happen :21:

I do think if someone could come up with the idea to see through metal supports ( re restricted viewing)..and Install breathing apparatus in the club deck for us more mature types...we would fill the ground no bother... :lol::21:

So looking forward to this weekend...Got tickets for the East Enclosure for my girlfriend and me..(my old season tkt was here..gave it up thru redudancy when le guen joined).. And then we are both going on the Gallant Pioneers tour on the sunday!! Dont panic ladies my super duper girlfriend Janie is as RANGERS DAFT AS ME!!!!..(huge ally fan).. And this weekend which ive saved up my sheckles for is her Birthday treat as she is...(im no that stupid)..celebrating her still looking under 30 on the monday!!..RESPECT FOR OUR TROOPS PAST & PRESENT SAT/SUN..AND SOAKING UP THE HISTORY OF OUR GREAT CLUB SUNDAY!! SUPERB!! how many brownie points does that get me!!??..hahahaha.. Dont need them though as i know she loves me!!.. Only 5sleeps til a weekend to REMEMBER.. RANGERS THEN..NOW..FOREVER.