Rangers owners plan wage cap and season ticket hikes for share offer

Ace

There has to be a balance between being able to compete and not spending outwith our means. 33% might be too low, but if Green manages to increase our turnover using the various strategies that they seem to have in place then that amount could be pretty reasonable.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our turnover increases to say £45m then 33% is £15m or approximately double our wage bill at present. That is a significant increase.

But still less than half of our main rivals, how do we compete on a weekly and annual basis with someone who is paying double what we are? It will be interesting to see how much truth is in this. (tu)

No it wont. Not to the Reals, Barcas, Chelseas, Man Citys, PSGs, Man UTDs etc...

They can easily get round these rules.

We'll never compete with these teams. Not in our lifetimes anyway.

Your right, the elite can find ways round it, but the rest cant, and will soon toe the line.

33% on wages is more than enough to compete in scotland. Let celtic spend big on wages, see them suffer when times are bad.

The days of us spending £25k a week are long gone now, and i for one am delighted.

Personally I see clubs with large loyal fan bases, filling large stadiums as the ones with the advantage from FFP coming in.

FFP isn't going to stop the uber rich clubs unfortunately, it's the most toothless measure yet.

Not surprised they tried to go for a negative slant, seems to be the way of things but anyone with common sense understands that tickets will rise as we climb divisions and the wage cap is ideal.

Again I cant get over how in Scotland this can be spun in such a negative fashion......"Top European players will be out of their reach".....Erm when was the last time we signed a "top" European player anyway?

Players are overpaid and clubs are struggling big time...the bubble will burst eventually. I would much rather see us bring through our own players, develop our scouting network worldwide and bring in young talented players who can either become Rangers legends or be sold on for a tidy profit after a few years.

Look at Ajax, Benfica, PSV....teams with gret European history....they are not buying 10 million plus players anymore and paying massive wages...they are concentrating on their own youth and bringing in young guys with potential then selling on at massive profits....Witsel, Vertogen etc. They are still winning titles, cups etc and getting to the group stages of the champions league. This is the way to go. I also guarantee that the figures quoted arent set in stone but as usual its a case of lets put a negative spin on everything Rangers related whilst poor wee Hearts fuck their players and staff over...AGAIN. I would also like to know why they keep dragging out this cross eyed twat Patey for every Rangers story....

But still less than half of our main rivals, how do we compete on a weekly and annual basis with someone who is paying double what we are? It will be interesting to see how much truth is in this. (tu)

I gave that figure as an example. Our turnover in 3 years or so is projected to be £60m+ which would give £20m for player salaries. Our enemies at the Meccanodome are currently paying wages which are unsustainable. They are reducing their wage bill and it will fall further. Their wage bill was greater than ours for seasons 09, 10, 11 and we still beat them therefore whilst a huge disparity would likely be detrimental to our chances, our having a smaller wage bill does not necessarily equate to a lack of domestic success in future.

I gave that figure as an example. Our turnover in 3 years or so is projected to be £60m+ which would give £20m for player salaries. Our enemies at the Meccanodome are currently paying wages which are unsustainable. They are reducing their wage bill and it will fall further. Their wage bill was greater than ours for seasons 09, 10, 11 and we still beat them therefore whilst a huge disparity would likely be detrimental to our chances, our having a smaller wage bill does not necessarily equate to a lack of domestic success in future.

I agree, its all about the quality of player rather than how much we pay players. FFS look at the 12mil for Flo and he was shite.

I agree, its all about the quality of player rather than how much we pay players. FFS look at the 12mil for Flo and he was shite.

Just to correct you mate Flo wasn't shite...his goal ratio was actually pretty good...he just wasn't the 12 million pound player advocatte thought he was signing. He was bought as a target man which was never his game and the price tag was like a noose around the guys neck..

Money ultimately does buy quality at the end of the day but that doesnt mean you cant get quality players within a price structure/wage cap. Instead of blowing money on expensive forgeiners and guys from England now is the time to look further afield. I dont like to give them credit for anything but they have signed 4 or 5 players in the last few years from random countries/leagues for relative pennies who are now being touted or sold for massive profits. I have to say alot of them are over hyped in my opinion but at the end of the day its the way to go. We seem very old fashioned in our scouting approach and now is the time to address that. If we sort out our youth policy as well we will be miles ahead of the game by the time we are back challenging in the top flight and hopefully in europe.

Look how much we paid for jelavic and how much he earned a week proof there is shear quality out there. For reasonable money

I totally agree but as far as the club were concerned it was too little too late. We had clearly been operating outwith our means for some time which contributed a long way to our demise.

It appears to me that CG has just about got it right. We can also go forward on a positive note knowing that we are cutting our cloth to suit our pocket. If CG had predicted that we will be worth trillions in 5 years time and he didn't achieve it then we would be berating him for it. He has to balance the estimates of value with what he thinks is achievable with what he thinks potential big investors want to hear. I think he's done a good job so far but the media just want to print stories of failure and disaster at our beloved Ibrox. Bad news sell papers and gets viewers better than good.

Football is heading this way and CG knows it. He's nothing if not shrewd.

We'll never compete with these teams. Not in our lifetimes anyway.

Your right, the elite can find ways round it, but the rest cant, and will soon toe the line.

33% on wages is more than enough to compete in scotland. Let celtic spend big on wages, see them suffer when times are bad.

The days of us spending £25k a week are long gone now, and i for one am delighted.

Will you still be delighted if we are playing second fiddle to Celtic year after year because we cannot refuse to compete with them?

I can't see it being anything close to £60m unless we are getting to the latter stages of European competition. In what way are their wages unsustainable? They have had a huge steady squad and have gradually added to it every transfer window for years. I don't see them having annual fire sales or paying players off to get them off the wage bill. New deals for Wanyama, Hooper, Mulgrew, Matthews and the like are not reducing the wage bill, it will be getting increased and quite a bit too. They may have had a 10-20% higher wage bill than us which is beatable with the right manager in place but when it gets to a 50% difference our chances of competing diminish greatly. (tu)

We are not, yet but we will be if we are serious about implementing such a derisory wage cap and play in the same division as them.

As was mentioned they have outspent us in the last 4 years. We won 3iar. Despite "refusing" to compete with them financially we still more than competed on the pitch. But, you have ignored this fact. Surprise, surprise.

You certainly seem to admire a lot about them. :huh:

As was mentioned they have outspent us in the last 4 years. We won 3iar. Despite "refusing" to compete with them financially we still more than competed on the pitch. But, you have ignored this fact. Surprise, surprise.

You certainly seem to admire a lot about them. :huh:

Outspent us? <cr> Whoever said that must have been talking about wages only because they certainly didn't outspend us on transfer fees. 3IAR cost us about £40m. I don't recall them spending more than £1-2m on any player since Chesney was in charge.