Club Tribute for fallen Hero

Sea Bear

From the Kirky Herald.

RANGERS Football Club players will wear black armbands this Saturday in a poignant tribute to a murdered Army officer and father-of-one.

Captain Walter Barrie was killed in Afghanistan on Remembrance Sunday – shot at close range by a rogue Afghan soldier during a game of football between British and Afghan forces.

Captain Barrie, from Auchinloch, was a season ticket holder at Rangers.

Manager Ally McCoist said: “On behalf of all the players, directors and management team at Rangers I would like pass on my sincere condolences to Captain Walter Barrie’s family.

“I am sure there are no words of comfort that will ease their pain, but everyone at the club is thinking about them at this difficult time.

“Having read the tributes to Walter by family, friends and fellow members of the Armed Services, it is clear he was held in the highest regard by all who knew him.

“I also know he was a massive Rangers fan and his loss is undoubtedly a loss that will be felt by the football club as well.”

Rangers will wear black armbands this weekend when they face East Stirlingshire at Ochilview as a mark of respect to Captain Barrie.

A lot of people will say we shouldn't be near the cess pit that is Afghanistan, Some deluded fuckers ever blame the Soldiers for serving there. What these people fail to grasp is, if they were not there, taking the war to the extremists, the atrocities that they carry out would be a lot closer to our doorstep, God Bless each and every serviceman for the work you do, RIP Walter,