Danny Wilson

alasdairsim

Danny Wilson has went to Bristol City on an emergency loan for 2 months.

Doesn't even get a look in at Liverpool now and even under Dalglish he was usually deployed at left-back for the Carling Cup etc...

Always thought that his move to Liverpool was the wrong one. Was impressive when I seen him play on a number of occasions even if he did need Weir to cover for him a lot; that being said, he was still 17 at the time. Thought for his age he composed himself well in the Old Firm & Champions League games.

Hope he makes the most of his time at Bristol City even if they do have a godawful defence.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

It just further proves the point that if a young player breaks into the first team, they should stick it out for a few years and really develop as a player playing week in week out instead of jumping the gun for the bright lights. So frustrating

Here's hoping our next batch of youngsters are paying attention

For Danny Wilson read Rhys McCabe and Jamie Ness enjoy the boredom of mediocrity gents, great fun eh, in Wilsons case CL football at Ibrox to moneyspinning Liverpool move to two seasons of nothingness to Blackpool benchsitting to Liverpool nothingness to Bristol City, wow.

To be fair, the way we played in the CL that season I think I could have looked composed compared to half of our team. I didn't think he was outstanding, thought he was good for his age and confident enough, but never Premier League standard, but for £3m for us and a chance of a lifetime for him he wasn't gonna say no.

Silly boy whos heard was turned by the wee taigs of England.

hes one himself so that will suit him.probably the most overated player ive ever seen in watching rangers for 35 years

played against stuttgart i think at ibrox and was taken apart,spoke to a liverpool season ticket holder and he agreed.he

could nt believe they paid so much for him

Agree with Sasaaa.

He had a few good games but was nowhere near good enough for EPL football.

Perry also had games where he looked every bit as good as Wilson a few seasons back but now you wouldn't have him in the team if there was a decent option waiting in the squad.

I rated him.

His reading of the game was good and he could really play the ball out from the back well.

He really struggled against physically imposing strikers a little bit, but at 18 he still had plenty of time to fill out physically.

He moved far too soon and he step up in quality has obviously just been too much for him.

To be fair he didn't just suddenly lose his ability because he moved clubs. He is as good as he could be. Changing clubs made no difference.

Playing regular first team football in front of 45,000 would have done him better than 2 years playing reserves and occasional meaningless cup games.

Would be very difficult for any young lad to knock back such a big club. I hold nothing against him.

Got his first chance at a 'big' move and went for it. Should have stayed and developed more first, but nope.

Very stupid boy. Hope he is happy with his money, coz he's significantly affected his career for the worse.

A shining example of why agents are bad for the game. No doubt his agent saw the pound signs and was in the boy's ear, convincing him that he was good enough not to need more time to develop, playing first team football

He knew exactly what he was in for, he choose money over playing football which is fine but be prepared to be playing league 1 football the rest of your career when it goes tits up.

He was no more than a promosing youth player, like McCabe and Ness were and look at them.

Became overrated here because he could pass the ball rather than his defending ability.

To be fair to him though, this is the 1st year he'd have been getting regular 1st team games with us if he had stayed, and even at that we went tits up so he'd have walked out anyway.

He was never going to be a regular in the Liverpool team by this age but he needs to move away permanently and get more 1st team action, also needs to get in the gym and build a bit of muscle. He was struggling against some of the SPL strikers, he will be used like a wee ragdoll down there.