CG -We Won’t Go Back to SPL

rangersxfc

CHARLES GREEN has strenuously reiterated that he will not take Rangers back to the SPL in its current form as proposals for big changes to the Scottish game are now gaining momentum.

The SFL are unanimously backing a 16-10-16 set-up which would, by definition, involve the SPL clubs going back to the Scottish League.

While the SPL countered that with two divisions of 12 which would split into three divisions of eight after two rounds of fixtures, with no mention of the remaining 18 Scottish clubs.

The Rangers Chief Executive has still to study both plans closely, but he is insistent that following the treatment by the SPL and continued problems over investigations and image rights he has no desire to rejoin their ranks.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV Green said: “I have said before that I wouldn’t return to the SPL in its current form and I stand by that – it just wouldn’t happen.

“Whilst we have solved many issues the one big issue that has now been deferred to the 29th of January is the issue of title-stripping.

“I have said consistently since May that it achieves nothing and it’s nothing to do with my newco and therefore I won’t engage with it.

“But while it’s out there as a threat then it makes it very difficult to engage with the SPL about how we might take things forward when they still might want to go backwards.

“So my position would be unchanged. It would be very difficult, indeed impossible, to engage with the SPL under those circumstances.

“We still have an on-going problem with image rights. The SPL have given us some allowances but it’s just a temporary fix so there are a whole raft of things that need to be tabled.

“I accept that while Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland we are not the only club and while we have to do what’s right for Rangers we have to do what’s right for Scottish football.

“There are parts that I personally might not like to endure but in the spirit of fixing things we are big and man enough to look at it again.

“There are a lot of questions out there that need to be answered and as Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland then we will be playing an active part with all of the groups to see how this problem in Scotland can be fixed and how we can mend the hurt that has been caused in the last year or more.

“In truth I don’t know enough about the proposals yet. I have only seen what has been in the public domain because I have been involved with the road shows.

“I have had some chats with the Football League but I haven’t spoken to the SPL about their proposals that they announced last week.

“But we need more information before we decide what the best route is for Rangers.

“We have to acknowledge that there is a problem in Scottish football that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later and we are happy to engage with whoever comes forward with a credible plan

No coincidence the statement is made on the same day Thompson resigns, Aberdeen post a loss and Hearts fans are told they will have to stump up more to survive the season. Order plenty of popcorn for the next few weeks could be very entertaining.

Not happy with CG claiming these titles have nothing to do with "newco" at all,they are ours won fair and square and it is CGs responsibility as our custodian to fight tooth and nail to ensure we keep them.

I dont think he means the titles are nothing to do with him as the club won them and his newco now controls the club, i think he means the investigation by the spl is nothing to do with him and he doesnt want anything to do with it, but i very much doubt he would stand by and watch them try to steal our trophys.

I dont think he means the titles are nothing to do with him as the club won them and his newco now controls the club, i think he means the investigation by the spl is nothing to do with him and he doesnt want anything to do with it, but i very much doubt he would stand by and watch them try to steal our trophys.

Yeah I very much doubt that he would stand back and allow titles to be stripped,he could have worded it a lot better though

Yeah I very much doubt that he would stand back and allow titles to be stripped,he could have worded it a lot better though

I think CG is just hoping this will all go away and we can get on with the business of winning trophys and getting a decent topflight to return to, i doubt he wants to say very much at all about it at the moment.

In the summer in Belfast,CG was asked about this decision not to attend the tribunal and defend Rangers.

He said that when you paid for any top professional advice on any part of your business in his experience you should listen to it.

While I would prefer him to attend with all guns blazing I think for the moment he is keeping his powder dry.

This. Believe all he means is that anything regarding the the old company shouldn't have any relation to the new.

Sticks to his guns, twists the screws a bit more lol...no qualms... The Biggest Club in Scotland.