***The Official Montrose v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

Looking forward to watching this (even though my 42" TV died on me today, Craig Burley will be commentating and a solid, icey artificial ground doesn't sound like the source of creating entertaining football) :dry:

Anyways, Montrose have been picking up a lot of points recently and the surface will play a huge factor so I hope Ally has the lads geared up and ready. We haven't played at that park this season so it's another new surrounding for the players. We have games in hand so winning here and then starting our catch up with Annan during the week would send us clear! :cheers:

We aren't going to ask him to sit out every away game surely? There will be a few of those pitches while we're in the lower leagues.

I train and play on astro every week and have never had any adverse affect or injury as a result...I personally feel to much is made of 3G pitches which nowadays are of a very good standard (not like the sandpaper stuff...few ripped legs on that over the years).

If we are leaving temps out though fair enough...I would be inclined to bring little in and keep the rest the same albeit I would like both Naismith and cole to get a start at some point...

Start with the right attitude/tempo - 4-0

Start slow/too direct 2-1

Anybody from up that way? Hearing the access roads and the like are quite bad

Conditions are pretty shite with a storm warning issued for this afternoon and flooding expected in a number of places. It's also been horribly cold which can't be good for the surface at Links Park.

Montrose is easy to get to though so doubt roads will be a problem, just more worried the game will be called off due to weather

Conditions are pretty shite with a storm warning issued for this afternoon and flooding expected in a number of places. It's also been horribly cold which can't be good for the surface at Links Park.

Montrose is easy to get to though so doubt roads will be a problem, just more worried the game will be called off due to weather

Cool mate keep us posted!

rangers.co.uk had a piece after the Stirling game with one half saying McCoist is thinking about leaving Temps out and the other half saying Temps admitted to wearing the wrong boots for that surface.

If he is wearing the right boots then there is no reason to leave him out.

rangers.co.uk had a piece after the Stirling game with one half saying McCoist is thinking about leaving Temps out and the other half saying Temps admitted to wearing the wrong boots for that surface.

If he is wearing the right boots then there is no reason to leave him out.

He was wearing blades? Surely the club shouldn't let that happen

The weathers brutal right now lads hopefully the worst will be over with tonight and tomorrow won't be too bad but its freezing and the rain is chucking down, really strong winds aswell

Weather for tommorow is cloudy and 7degrees so should be ok!

Really looking forward to this, last week was my first game in a while and this will be my first away game in almost a year, makes it even sweeter its In Montrose.

Got a nightout in Aberdeen in the evening so will be a messy day no doubt :lol: