8watp8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article by Jim Traynor.

I have complained to BBC Scotland, Radio Clyde, Channel 4, Daily Rhebel, the Herald etc about their bigoted bile and they either deny it or do not respond.

In my opinion:

Biased rhag newspapers - Do not buy them. Hit them in their pockets... where its hurts

Biased Radio / TV - Dont watch or listen to them.

They have no shame.

'But this club’s fans can make their play by realising it is your interest, your angst and rage which encourage the repeat offenders. Believe me, they get a real kick out of becoming the subjects of on-line threads and discussions and by paying attention, even if it is to hurl insults or use unacceptable language to describe them, you give them exactly what they want.

You are just about the only audience they have. Do not indulge them. Ignore their malice, pay no attention to their agendas, and do not let them into your heads.'

I've been saying this for years. Some people just can't ignore them however.

Guest Andypendek

Only trouble is we have no option but to pay the license fee, and it is that body - BBC Scotland - which is by far the most antipathetic to our club.

I haven't bought a paper for ages, and the last time I listened to Clyde Richard Park was the presenter. What am I supposed to do about the Beeb?

Only trouble is we have no option but to pay the license fee, and it is that body - BBC Scotland - which is by far the most antipathetic to our club.

I haven't bought a paper for ages, and the last time I listened to Clyde Richard Park was the presenter. What am I supposed to do about the Beeb?

I dont watch Reporting Scotland, Sportscene or listen to Sportsound...its no great loss .. Spiers, McLaughlin, Cosgrove etc turn my stomach !!

'But this club’s fans can make their play by realising it is your interest, your angst and rage which encourage the repeat offenders. Believe me, they get a real kick out of becoming the subjects of on-line threads and discussions and by paying attention, even if it is to hurl insults or use unacceptable language to describe them, you give them exactly what they want.

You are just about the only audience they have. Do not indulge them. Ignore their malice, pay no attention to their agendas, and do not let them into your heads.'

I've been saying this for years. Some people just can't ignore them however.

Aye, but Phil 6 names is sayin'....

Dont pay the licence fee as a matter of principle!

If 50,000+ Bears pay their licence fee six months late like I did, it doesn't cost you any more money, just the usual abusive threatening letters. Let them spend their money and their time on reminders, then pay at the last minute. Strangle their cash flow for a while!!

Haven't spent a penny on a Scottish rhag for for years. The daily rhebel, FFS, who would want to read articles penned by bigots with the mental age of 5 in any case? Of course, there's always the scum, who always had difficulty readin the Beano!!

Its about time we listened to each other and agreed to disagree when we debate..too much infighting and bheast accusing when someone doesn`t meet certain criteria`s.

We can only grow stronger if we are all pulling in the same direction..

OH and a tad less sellik related threads and more happy memory threads..im a gurl ffs..

I`ll get the hash pipe out.. :inhale:

Our media side of things are fucking night and day to what we used to be,

Fantastic statement and also a hint to some of our supporters that Rangers can't respond everytime a journalist/blogger farts in our direction.

A liked that bit also. Some seem to think we need a reply to everything.

I will be entirely honest and say that the appointment of Succulent Lamb to Ibrox PR Head was concerning to me, given his history.

And there are still things which do concern me about it.

HOWEVER; this piece is very well done. It targets exactly the correct area, and when tied to the club statement earlier, not only plays to the fans, which of course it must do, but also snaps any possibility of there being any news story here at all right back into the faces of those who were yet again led by the nose to the trough of utter BS.

Never thought I'd say this - well done Jim Traynor.

A liked that bit also. Some seem to think we need a reply to everything.

Things like this need clarified asap after what we endured with Whyte but most of the other stuff doesn't merit a response.

Hopefully now the club has said publicly to ignore them everyone will follow suit.

Don't tell me what to do! I am buying the Daily Record, listening to Clyde and BBC Scotland. Why should I stop? They are only being open and honest about us. Are we so paranoid now?

Aye right! That above is the "if i roll over, please tickle my tummy" attitude of our hand wringers! If we cannot take this message onboard then we as a support deserve all that comes our way from the Mhedia. We are lapdogs! I can live my live perfectly well without spending a single penny on products from these mhedia companies. If we stuck together we could ensure a more decent and balanced environment because quite simply 'they will all be out of a job'.

In summary what I read from this is. Stop getting the piss taken out of us and start voting with the one casting vote, ala money. Starve them. It is simply a thing of integrity on our part.

Mate you are so right but your first line reflects so much of the fuckwits who will just go against what most of us think and what Jt is trying to tell us.The time is now to start hitting back

Great article by Jim. :clap:

Is there any chance that the people who run our fans groups could get together and lead from the front, so that we can start fighting back against these bastards.

Maybe we do need to try and ignore what comes on twitter/blogs from the low life who want to do us harm. It is a normal human instinct to want to know what people are saying about us, but maybe we need to stop the oxygen they get from us reading and debating what they say.

Unity has to be the way forward. :cheers:

To be honest that statement is not that different to what some of us bloggers have been saying for years, Yet only last week I find myself arguing with someone on here over their insistence to buy the Daily Record.

Actions speak louder than words.

Very true bud, you have been a champion as to ignoring them, point is this is one of their own, showing it's the only way to hurt them and also ignoring them compounds it