Gazza in intensive care

double denim

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story in the Sun sounds like the report I heard on SSN where they (SSN) stated that rumours Gazza had collapsed and was suffering from some cardiac problem were not true. That was either the night he was admitted or the following day, can't remember for sure.

Hope SSN were right.

What the fuck is this clinic playing at? I'm no doctor but I know long term alcoholics are not supposed to come off cold turkey. Is it some sort of fucking hippy retreat they're running?

He will be on doses of Librium strong enough to knock an elephant out. The withdrawals in the first few days will be hellish and the medication is often upped to deal with that. Different people need different doses basically.

The story in the Sun sounds like the report I heard on SSN where they (SSN) stated that rumours Gazza had collapsed and was suffering from some cardiac problem were not true. That was either the night he was admitted or the following day, can't remember for sure.

Hope SSN were right.

The article doesn't sit right with me at all.

Thoughts are with him though.

Very, very sad another brilliant footballer destroyed by alchohol. Baxter, Best, Gascoigne. Thats only a few.

Why does it have to get to this stage before someone steps in and gets them help.

No I'm not some wowser, I enjoy more than the occasional social drink. But when someone gets to the stage that their life revolves around the next drink, its too late.

I'm just sad after growing up watching the magic feet and football brain of these three, destroyed by the demon drink.

Ditto mate.

Why are they reporting this now if this downturn happened not longer after admission?

It's the close to death and organs failing thing,yet what sounds like a plea for money?

In my experience when someone is close to death money can't change that.

Hopefully as you say what's bring reported isn't up to date and he's on the mend.

...allowing The Sun to step in and save the day. Or am I too cynical?

Why didn't they step in and stop Gazza from drinking his pint instead of photographing him.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4780745/Gazza-grabs-a-quick-airport-pint-on-the-way-to-rehab-in-US.htmlFind the timeline for this a bit odd. For once I hope their making it up

I just came on here and this news has floored me,I love him like one of my own and feel privileged to have seen him play,a guy who's lit up peoples lives on and off the pitch and doesn't deserve to suffer like this,just hoping to wake to better news tomorrow,keep in there Paul,the whole of rangers and I dare say the whole of football are behind you

I am absolutely devastated by this news. I knew from the reports it wasnt looking good but i thought the rehab may help and he would be ok, but really shocked to hear it is this bad. I am very sad about this, just seeing the lovely banners for him by the TBo/UB today at the game, and now to hear this awful news. I would hope something could happen to help him still but it doesnt look good. I am very sad, honestly can't even really express how sad I feel. Many years ago, I was on holiday down south and I missed by like a day Gazza doing a book signing in a local WhSmith, always been gutted to never get to meet the legend that is Gazza.

:( :(