Rangers agree 2 year youth exchange programme with Juventus.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't mean this at all. Just shows you how peoples mind work though.

Ok. I take it as we will not get anywhere near the best from either club though. So it's a pointless exercise. We need to be concentrating on bringing through our own players rather than being a feeder club for any other team. No offence meant.

Ok. I take it as we will not get anywhere near the best from either club though. So it's a pointless exercise. We need to be concentrating on bringing through our own players rather than being a feeder club for any other team. No offence meant.

I'm of this persuasion, if we have their kids on loan and like them we should have a fee agreed before they arrive and vice versa.

We have to make money out of this for it to be beneficial.

So people moan about things like this for years That Rangers should do things like this then when it happens, it's "pointless" and "won't benefit us"

Charles Green seems to try everything possible for Rangers and some people just moan at everything.

Don't let it get you down mate, some people just like to bitch, but they'll always be just a tiny (if overly-vocal) minority.

WATP :21:

Oh and keep up the good work with the nuggets of info, but keep remembering to add the links if it's official Rangers stuff (tu)

I think it's a great idea. Juventus first team is probably a hard team for any youth player to get into but that doesn't mean the players aren't any good it's just the fact they have so many world class experience players playing for them. We could get a couple of gems out this if it happens.

So people moan about things like this for years That Rangers should do things like this then when it happens, it's "pointless" and "won't benefit us"

Charles Green seems to try everything possible for Rangers and some people just moan at everything.

the only person moaning here is you

I think it's a great idea. Juventus first team is probably a hard team for any youth player to get into but that doesn't mean the players aren't any good it's just the fact they have so many world class experience players playing for them. We could get a couple of gems out this if it happens.

Exactly and you only need one or two of they gems to light up scottish football. So we're hardly going to be filling our team up with loans. And Juve might still pay these players wages in full?

So its from a week or so ago. Don't remember reading it in the minutes that were put on here.

I can confirm that Charles did say celtic like any visiting team will only get a 5% share of tickets. This was in response to a punter asking why do celtic receive the whole broomloan stand?

Something that no one had really spoke about is how many Juve youngsters would want to come to Scotland and play in the 3rd or 2nd division?

But that's just it, if this is fact, that the Italians may just remember a wee black haired Italian fireball who played in Scotland who became a captain.

And their youth players would be toughened up in a controlled environment with us.

And as someone said above, its easy to fall in love with the people.

WATP

But that's just it, if this is fact, that the Italians may just remember a wee black haired Italian fireball who played in Scotland who became a captain.

And their youth players would be toughened up in a controlled environment with us.

And as someone said above, its easy to fall in love with the people.

WATP

Yes that was when we were playing in the champions league and progressing to last 16 etc.. But this time it will be an even bigger culture shock with going to places like Annan etc.

Seems like an excellent idea for development purposes for both clubs. Juve is in a much tougher league than any in Scotland. There are going to be more deals like

this with the FFP rules going in to effect. There will be fewer and smaller transfer fees after next year. Only the biggest clubs will be able to buy players and even

they will have to show their finances.

this is a fantastic initiative if true (await the source though)

As some posters have pointed out, breaking into the Juve squad would be extremely difficult, however there is no doubt they will have quality through their ranks that will assist us in the coming years.

Equally, bringing in quality youngsters will mean that our players are training with better players, which you can only assume would be positive for their progression.

The link up will presumably provide rangers an opportunity in which we can learn new training techniques, something many RM posters has pointed out as a current weakness in our set up. When you consider the technical nature of italian football, surely this can only be benefitial

Finally, the economic aspect is the only element that can be seen as detremintal. The idea of our best youth being sold before making an impact on the first team is something that does not sit right with me, however we would need the finer detail. However, I am sure Mr Green has other avenues of revenue that will be explored as add ons to this such as friendlies, merch being sold in juve shops etc etc

Overall, seems positive, just await something official...