Rangers agree 2 year youth exchange programme with Juventus.

When the news broke they were going to be using our training ground I said that Green would be using the chance to network with them and try and get some sort of deals going and he has, option to buy our players isn't as bad as it sounds, any player who signs from us to them and can make the break into the Juve first team will be a better player and just being there alone will have them classed as a top European player but I'm betting there will be a clause where we get a good sell on fee on any players sold on.

I'm sure the players themselves may have a clause put in where if they don't make the break they can come back to Ibrox.

I like Dean Shiels but maybe we could trade him for Pirlo, I know they play different positions and that may be the major stumbling block in the way but I'm sure Alli and Green can sort something out.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Dean Shiels but maybe we could trade him for Pirlo, I know they play different positions and that may be the major stumbling block in the way but I'm sure Alli and Green can sort something out.

Everything was spot on , until i got to the last section. Shiels for Pirlo? Really made me laugh. Pirlo is world-class. Shiels was almost invisible against Clyde.

C'mon Italians aren't that stupid. They may want Templeton in a year or two.

Not happy with the end bit tbh

Hawd the bus! Has MTAF altered his OP?

"The plan involves Juventus sending players from their youth squad to Glasgow on loan, with Rangers youngsters being given the chance to train in Turin to aid their development. Juventus will have the option to sign up any players who impress.

That underlined part wasn't in his OP. Or have I fucking missed something here? :shifty:

Some folk taking the OP far too literally. Juve are hardly gonna be interested in any of our players really, unless they are special talents. In that case, we'd get a good fee from them and perhaps have the guy loaned back. I'd imagine any link up would be more for them to send lads out to get experience. Good move in my view, especially since there will be plenty of lads who won't make it at Juventus, but who will still be excellent footballers. We might be able to pick them up for a fairly nominal fee.

In reference to folk saying they might not want to come to division 3/2, this will be a long term link up presumably. We will be back at the top soon enough. Also, this folk saying they'd rather see our youngsters play, we all want to see that, but bringing in Juve youngsters doesn't necessitate not playing our own. If we bring in technically good footballers (something I think we can all agree that we are arriving for) who are, in all reality, probably not going to make it at Juve, and who we can convince to come and sign for us should they impress, then im all for that.

Finally, if this does go through, it's a real coup from Green. The perception that he was allowing Juve to train at our gaff being purely to wind up Celtic was out across by some idiots in the media desperate for a story, and even gobbled up by a few apologist rangers followers. Many still underestimate Green, it would seem. Shrewd

I assume we'll have the option to reject, also.

Of course., but I suspect that might be a difficult option to realise.

This has potential to damage us if it is not managed extremely carefully. On the one hand Green tells us the model for our future is to nurture our own youth, but now he wants to sell them on before we get to see their full potential. Downsizing of our ambitions in return for a few Euro.

Could be a good move or maybe not only time will tell.

Any team outwith Scotland could sign any of our youth players (at the end of their contract) for around 300,000 euros anyway. That is the figure based on the FIFA cross border development fees. I am guessing this could mean out youth players will at least have a competitiion to play in next season.

God knows what these young Juve players will think of Sinky's coaching

I think the likelihood of Juve wanting any of our players is very slim, we have a few promising youngsters, but Juve are a team with Champions League ambitions, and we don’t have anyone at that level at the moment.

If some of our youths get over there and experience difference culture, different training, etc, away from the backwards approach of Scottish football (Fifa, Nandos and pished up Sugar Cube) then it could be a massive benefit to us.

Hopefully our coaching staff go over there as well to pick up some different views and study their training styles.

I think the likelihood of Juve wanting any of our players is very slim, we have a few promising youngsters, but Juve are a team with Champions League ambitions, and we don’t have anyone at that level at the moment.

If some of our youths get over there and experience difference culture, different training, etc, away from the backwards approach of Scottish football (Fifa, Nandos and pished up Sugar Cube) then it could be a massive benefit to us.

Hopefully our coaching staff go over there as well to pick up some different views and study their training styles.

This (tu)

(tu) (tu) They would learn, hopefully, about diets and drinking in moderation................. and how to pass the ball <cr>

As long as Juve cant cherry pick our best players for peanuts it sounds a very exciting partnership and could lead to us getting the next Gattuso or Negri (pre Porrini wife porking :sherlock: ) i will wait for something official from Rangers before getting too excited though.

Everything was spot on , until i got to the last section. Shiels for Pirlo? Really made me laugh. Pirlo is world-class. Shiels was almost invisible against Clyde.

C'mon Italians aren't that stupid. They may want Templeton in a year or two.

LOl, I was joking mate, there is no chance in hell a Pirlo/Shiels swap would ever happen, I don't even think they would swap him for every player who plays in Scotland.

But couldn't agree more with Debear on him saying the coaching staff should be going over.

A good deal that will hopefully get some of our youngsters some experience of one of the best youth academies in europe.

We might also get some italian youngsters in to train with us. Giving them a valuable experience of football outside italy.

LOl, I was joking mate, there is no chance in hell a Pirlo/Shiels swap would ever happen, I don't even think they would swap him for every player who plays in Scotland.

But couldn't agree more with Debear on him saying the coaching staff should be going over.

Plus Pirlos too old, and hardly needed for the lower leagues. If he wanted to join as a coach though...........