Leggo Wants Our Fans Jailed.

minstral

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

BERWICK AND THE ENEMY WITHIN

LET’S add the names of the brain dead who shamed Rangers in Berwick to the serried ranks of Rangers haters such as Odious Creep, Philmacgiollabhain, Brian Patrick McNally and Daily Record head of news, Kevin Mansi.

Those ranks of Rangers haters have now been swelled by those who want to cause Rangers disgrace and trouble, but who wear Rangers colours and claim to support Rangers.

They most certainly do not support Rangers. They are The Enemy Within!

All they want to do is cause Rangers trouble and by their actions in Berwick last Saturday they showed themselves to be enemies of Rangers.

No wonder those inside the Blue Room are seething. And I am not just talk about the new Rangers regime of Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge.

For I include Rangers nine-in-a-row and three-on-a-row managerial legend and now club director, Walter Smith, who has already spoken of how there is no place in the Rangers family for this sort of singing and for the people who bellow these sectarian chants.

And, of course, “Sir” Walter is right.

I have heard a number of theories about why, for the first time on the road this season, there was an outbreak of the banned singing at Berwick.

Having spoken to a number of people I am pretty certain it was a reaction to a number of arrests which were made last week following alleged incidents at Ibrox at the turn of the year.

What happened in Berwick has angered a number of well known Rangers supporters – guys who are, shall we say, serious men - who have tried to help and promote certain groups. Their help and support has now been thrown back in their faces and they may feel they have been made to look like mugs.

I now hope that police who filmed the singers of such songs in Berwick are able to identify the culprits and lift them and that any Rangers supporters who have any information which may help the police and Rangers rid the club of this cancer, come forward.

And let us have no wild, silly talk about anyone who does this being a grass.

That is the language of the criminal classes. It is the currency of Bar-L and has no place among decent, honest, law-a-biding people, no place in the lexicon of the hard working folk who constitute the vast majority of the Rangers support.

Those who resort to talk of grasses and grassing up either belong to the habitual criminal class or take delight in the reflected notoriety of associating with such low life.

These people claim to be Rangers supporters. They are not! How can they possibly claim to support Rangers when they set out deliberately to damage the club? I am entirely behind the banning call from that most sensible and down-to-earth of all fans’ groups’ leaders, John McMillan from the Supporters Association.

The idea that the 100-150 or so numbskulls who sang and chanted their idiocies at Berwick on Saturday are Rangers supporters is an absolute and utter nonsense. That should be an end of it. Unfortunately it is not.

For these guttersnipes which actively seek to damage Rangers still have a few, a very few, defenders. But my research over the last 72 hours reveals that the vast overwhelming majority of Rangers fans, of real Rangers supporters, of The People who wish the club good will, want rid of these thugs whose only reason for going to a match now appears to be to damage Rangers.

The list of names calling for swift action to be taken against them by Rangers includes such sane rational voices as John McMillan, plus many more.

Chris Graham on The Rangers Standard, a man who has emerged in the past year as a true staunch and stout defender of the Ibrox cause, has castigated them, as has Bill McMurdo, someone else who has the good of Rangers in his heart.

And as for an outbreak of whataboutary?

Well, what about it?

What about it if hundreds of Celtic fans can go on the rampage at Dundee and cause of a full scale riot without half as much coverage as Rangers fans got for their misdeeds on Saturday?

What about it if Odious Creep actually takes to the Herald to condone the IRA supporting Green Brigade and join the extremist IRA supporting Celtic fanzine, Tiocfaidh Ar La in defending ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ?

For we surely by now all Rangers supporters know there is no even handed coverage in the Scottish media? That any of their misdeeds will get the fully glare of publicity? If they don’t know that they are brain dead.

Can you imagine Odious Creep’s reaction to what happened in Berwick? Can you imagine his excitement?

The fact of the matter is that when those in Rangers colours step out of line they are placing themselves and the club slap bang in the firing line for the serried ranks of its enemies to shoot at.

Take, for example, the way ESPN and its Liverpudlian presenter Ray Stubbs chose to highlight what happened in Berwick. That was no surprise to me as Stubbs has previous. A few years ago he presented coverage of a Celtic Euro tie in Hamburg and expressed outrage when Hamburg supporters unfurled a “No Surrender” banner. Stubbs outrageously claimed that UEFA would take action against the German club. Which they did not.

I was never able to quite work out what Ray Stubbs’ motive was that night in Germany.

In the past broadcasters have muted the sound of Celtic booing during the Remembrance silence and turned cameras away from their off the field ructions.

That sort of thing does not apply to Rangers and Ray Stubbs gave every indication of relishing the golden opportunity handed to him by the lunatics wearing Rangers colours.

Of course, had the songs not been sung, had the sectarian chants not been bellowed, Ray Stubbs would not have been given the opportunity he gave every indication of grasping like a man on a mission.

But if there are those who believe that ESPN’s Ray Stubbs is anti Rangers, then he is joined in those rotten ranks by those who seek to damage Rangers. Those, whose behaviour in Berwick was indefensible.

Anyone who seeks to defend them only add their own names to the list of those who actively seek to damage Rangers. It is not a company the majority of Rangers supporters would wish to keep.

posted by leggoland @ 07:55

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In which case, they should start by jailing drink-sodden ex-hacks who disgraced the name of the club by threatening journalists.

That was not the case though.

Beats me how their is still mileage in what was just a bit of singing at the Football.

Many reason's to defend them, a moment of madness, a blip or whatever and since I hold that opinion I'm what, not wanted, needed or have yhe best interests of rangers at heart.

Why one extreme or the other

Cant believe this is still rolling.

No mames should be given out data protection .act.

Another Arsehole castigating our Fans.

Who are these people seriously.

Even Peodos dont get named.

I am fuming at some within our midst.

Lets get a handle on this.

Naming and shaming is not on.

Jail....no. A slap on the wrist from the club and if it happens again then banning orders should come in (if the person has been proven guilty of singing sectarian songs). But this should be the watershed moment. Its been simmering for years and needs addressed once and for all. It can not happen again, ever. But to suggest jail is far far too much.

Jail....no. A slap on the wrist from the club and if it happens again then banning orders should come in (if the person has been proven guilty of singing sectarian songs). But this should be the watershed moment. Its been simmering for years and needs addressed once and for all. It can not happen again, ever. But to suggest jail is far far too much.

A song sheet will put and end to all this shotstorm.

Polis need to do their job and issue lists.

Only then will this end.