Barcelona, The End of Days?

blueboy94

They lose a game against the 2nd best team in the league and now all of a sudden it's the beginning of the end? :lol:

barca are going to win la liga by default because real imploded earlier this season

cunted out of both domestic cups and also the CL by a third rate milan side

Not won the champions league in years

not even current spanish champions

Perhaps they were never the greatest team in the world in the first place

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should probably state what I mean by 'the End'. I don't mean that in a few years time Barcelona will slip into footballing obscurity or even show parallels with what happened to Arsenal from 2005 onwards. What I mean is, in comparison with 'the greatest team in the world and possibly all time' tag (that, in my opinion, has been well earned over the past few seasons) they have declined in performance this season. The decline means that the aura of invincibility that the media and opposition teams see may be coming to an end.

I've got no doubt that with the players they have they'll still be a strong force in the Champions League, but as teams figure out how to limit the chances they get in open play and with the increasing strength of yer Bayern Munich's, yer Real Madrid's and yer Man Utd's, I see Barcelona's chances of winning the competition getting shorter and shorter.

I had arrangements made to go to the Getafe game earlier this month, the noon kickoff game which they won 6-1. I had to cancel because of illness and have re-arranged my trip to take in the Deportivo game a week on Saturday. I wonder if I missed the chance to see their last good performance?

barca are going to win la liga by default because real imploded earlier this season

cunted out of both domestic cups and also the CL by a third rate milan side

Not won the champions league in years

not even current spanish champions

Perhaps they were never the greatest team in the world in the first place

Milan put Barcelona out? :matron:

All I will say is, I have literally said for 3 years that a team with a well organized defense will beat Barcelona and that their attacking football philosophy was incredibly over-rated.

They were no 1970's Ajax.

Over-rated? They won two CL titles in 3 years, including 6 trophies in one year. Using how they are performing now to discredit what they did back then is rubbish.

Over-rated? They won two CL titles in 3 years, including 6 trophies in one year. Using how they are performing now to discredit what they did back then is rubbish.

To be fair to Clinton, he was saying the same when they were winning. You can't fault his consistency.

One legitimately won, the other through referee assistance (flame suit on, but everyone knows it's true)

Also, the only reason they did actually win that one legitimate title is that teams tried to beat them at their own game, as soon as a team played defensively against them, Barcelona play a lot like Arsenal. Lots of passing, but doing nothing.

One legitimately won, the other through referee assistance (flame suit on, but everyone knows it's true)

Also, the only reason they did actually win that one legitimate title is that teams tried to beat them at their own game, as soon as a team played defensively against them, Barcelona play a lot like Arsenal. Lots of passing, but doing nothing.

ha

Real Madrid spent 180 minutes defending in numbers while trying to kick Barcelona off the pitch during the semi finals of that "one legitimate title", and lost.

Real Madrid spent 180 minutes defending in numbers while trying to kick Barcelona off the pitch during the semi finals of that "one legitimate title", and lost.

thanks to what can only be described as cheating by Danni Alves to have Pepe sent off, and a Higuain goal disallowed that should have stood. I don't contest Barca were anything but the best team in Europe the seasons they won it, and should really have won it again last year - but some of the decisions that have went there way have been either amazing incompetence from refs (such as the RVP sending off), or cheatign of the highest order (Alves/Pepe , Busquets/Motta).

If I'm on the football pitch and I'm taken down like that, and i feel it's a red, I'm well within my rights to try and get the guy sent off.

I also don't mind players gesturing for cards, if they feel the other person deserves it then why not?

I also don't mind players going down in the box under minimal contact. If you feel you are being impeded at all, and your chances of scoring have been reduced, you are entitled to go down imo.

If I'm on the football pitch and I'm taken down like that, and i feel it's a red, I'm well within my rights to try and get the guy sent off.

I also don't mind players gesturing for cards, if they feel the other person deserves it then why not?

I also don't mind players going down in the box under minimal contact. If you feel you are being impeded at all, and your chances of scoring have been reduced, you are entitled to go down imo.

Taken down ? He never actually touched him, yet he rolled about on the pitch like he'd been shot on the leg instead of stamped on. Ridiculous to defend that.

I agree about the rest of your post though.

The selective re-refereeing of Barcelona games is ridiculous and quite frankly, reminds me of how the taigs operate when "proving" their masonic conspiracies!

Just make a list of all decisions that go against you and ignore all decisions in your favour...ergo conspiracy?

Yes Alves dived to get Pepe the red, it was still a reckless tackle and worthy of at least a yellow, contact or not...you cannot challenge knee high with studs in the air!

Di Maria also dived, earlier in that game, under no challenge and rolled about on the ground until the ref gave Alves a yellow and then jumped to his feet...not the same as a red, but I think did earn him a suspension for 2nd leg...diving is only a crime if Barcelona do it though?

Have zero sympathy for Pepe, he is a cowardly thug while also also prone to diving himself...did so as recently as Tuesday even when the game was well and truly won!

Yes Busquets dived to get Motta a red card, however over the course of that tie Inter were awarded an offside goal, Barcelona denied a stick on penalty (Sneijder on Alves) and, what would have been the winning goal, was unfairly disallowed for handball. Inter were massive beneficiaries of refereeing decisions over the course of that tie...strangely I don't remember Jose asking "Por que, por que?".

It is a question I have asked many times but yet to receive anything close to a logical answer, not surprisingly get a similar blank response when it is asked of bheasts when they start their shit...if Barcelona are the benefits of a UEFA conspiracy or refereeing favours, why is it just as easy for me to list a sizeable amount of decisions that have gone against them in big games as to the ones that went in their favour?

The selective re-refereeing of Barcelona games is ridiculous and quite frankly, reminds me of how the taigs operate when "proving" their masonic conspiracies!

Just make a list of all decisions that go against you and ignore all decisions in your favour...ergo conspiracy?

Yes Alves dived to get Pepe the red, it was still a reckless tackle and worthy of at least a yellow, contact or not...you cannot challenge knee high with studs in the air!

Di Maria also dived, earlier in that game, under no challenge and rolled about on the ground until the ref gave Alves a yellow and then jumped to his feet...not the same as a red, but I think did earn him a suspension for 2nd leg...diving is only a crime if Barcelona do it though?

Have zero sympathy for Pepe, he is a cowardly thug while also also prone to diving himself...did so as recently as Tuesday even when the game was well and truly won!

Yes Busquets dived to get Motta a red card, however over the course of that tie Inter were awarded an offside goal, Barcelona denied a stick on penalty (Sneijder on Alves) and, what would have been the winning goal, was unfairly disallowed for handball. Inter were massive beneficiaries of refereeing decisions over the course of that tie...strangely I don't remember Jose asking "Por que, por que?".

It is a question I have asked many times but yet to receive anything close to a logical answer, not surprisingly get a similar blank response when it is asked of bheasts when they start their shit...if Barcelona are the benefits of a UEFA conspiracy or refereeing favours, why is it just as easy for me to list a sizeable amount of decisions that have gone against them in big games as to the ones that went in their favour?

Abidal's sending off v Chelsea is often strangely overlooked when people refer to the Chelsea game.

so if someone puts in a tackle which could have been dangerous, if it had made contact, you are within your rights to roll around & feign injury to the extent you actually let a medical team stretcher you off the field, all in an effort to get a guy sent off - who actually won the ball?

Thats like saying Lafferty was within his rights to roll around the floor clutching his face because Mulgrew came at him in an agressive, intimidating manner.