Grass on your 'best mates' or you will be banned - Charles Green

PRW.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's ill-informed about it? BMG is by far the most embarrassing song you'll hear at ibrox.

Did you type that 'cause you meant it....or did you just do it to get an effect?

Either way it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Whether you like it or not the loyal Rangers supporters from Ulster have been and will continue to be an itegral part of our club's history and a staunch section of our fan-base.

If I and others wish to join with them in songs about their ongoing fight for survival againt the child-murdering republican rebels then that is our prerogative.

No wonder the authorities are making inroads into one side of the great football divide and not the other.

I hope tree-hugging isn't contagious. :matron:

BMG is a great song.

I've never heard any Rangers fan who thinks any different, until Andrew Dickson last week and now a poster on here.

It makes him cringe? Poor wee soul. Maybe he should spare himself the embarrassment of having to hear it again?

Without any add ons they songs are fine. It's funny you don't mention any of the songs that actually got us in trouble. As I said everyone knows what can or can't be sung it isn't exactly rocket science.

Eh? We all know certain songs are banned, I'm asking about ones which have been dragged in to the debate latterly.

Also, Andrew Dickson disagrees with you about BJK. He feels songs about paedophiles have no place at Ibrox. How do we know who's right, you or him? Is that rocket science?

It sounds like you have a problem with non-local Rangers fans, particularly those from Northern Ireland.

Do you?

Why don't you stop for a second and consider;

1. The majority of fans inside Ibrox live in Glasgow & the west.

2. The majority probaly don't have any direct links to Ulster - like me for example, i'm 3rd gen Rangers fan from a family from the southside that's been there since the start.

3. Nobody inside ibrox has "fought the IRA".

4. The majority probably live privileged lives, working in an office or something, 9-5, watches SKY TV at night and goes to the fitbaw & pub at the weekend.

But....

.... a bunch of fitbaw fans want to sing about how they fought the IRA, and now they are being put to death by the IRA, and county-down is their home (a place they've probably never even been).

The whole premise of it is just embarrassing. Anyone who wants to sing anything concerning the I R fucking A should go somewhere else and do it.

2. The majority probaly don't have any direct links to Ulster - like me for example, i'm 3rd gen Rangers fan from a family from the southside that's been there since the start.

4. The majority probably live privileged lives, working in an office or something, 9-5, watches SKY TV at night and goes to the fitbaw & pub at the weekend.

But....

.... a bunch of fitbaw fans want to sing about how they fought the IRA, and now they are being put to death by the IRA, and county-down is their home (a place they've probably never even been).

The whole premise of it is just embarrassing. Anyone who wants to sing anything concerning the I R fucking A should go somewhere else and do it.

I think most Rangers fans would rather you went somewhere else if we are being totally honest.

Give them an inch...

I think most Rangers fans would rather you went somewhere else if we are being totally honest.

Give them an inch...

nah you're wrong about that, not all Rangers fans are sheep - i know plenty with a brain.

'Nobody inside ibrox has "fought the IRA".'

This is getting worse. Are members & ex-members of the British Army to be banned from your Glasgow-only, embarrassment-free Ibrox?

:lol: those ex-service members have some voice, must be about fifty thousand of them in their.

:lol: those ex-service members have some voice, must be about fifty thousand of them in their.

Why the smilie? Was that funny? Do you find the propsect of young Scottish men being shot by snipers or blown up by bombs amusing?

Your views seem a good bit out of step with those of Rangers fans I know. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

Why the smilie? Was that funny? Do you find the propsect of young Scottish men being shot by snipers or blown up by bombs amusing?

Your views seem a good bit out of step with those of Rangers fans I know. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

i find your pathetic arguement amusing.

"oh, but some Rangers fans have links to ulster so let's all sing about how we have faught the IRA and CountyDown is our home. when in actual fact the majority of us have never set foot in Ulster, never handled a weapon, and will be in the office all day tomorrow".

Let me twist your arguement in a new direction.

I know plenty of loyal Rangers fans with connections to Ulster strong feelings of Scottish nationalism and campaigners for independence. Support from Ulster Scottish Rangers fans are an integral part of Rangers history and Traditions, and a staunch section of our fan base.

If I and others wish to join them with them in songs about their ongoing fight for survival againt the child-murdering republican rebels with songs about Scottish Independence and freeing ourselves from Westminster rule, then that is our prerogative.

i find your pathetic arguement amusing.

"oh, but some Rangers fans have links to ulster so let's all sing about how we have faught the IRA and CountyDown is our home. when in actual fact the majority of us have never set foot in Ulster, never handled a weapon, and will be in the office all day tomorrow".

Let me twist your arguement in a new direction.

I know plenty of loyal Rangers fans with connections to Ulster strong feelings of Scottish nationalism and campaigners for independence. Support from Ulster Scottish Rangers fans are an integral part of Rangers history and Traditions, and a staunch section of our fan base.

If I and others wish to join them with them in songs about their ongoing fight for survival againt the child-murdering republican rebels with songs about Scottish Independence and freeing ourselves from Westminster rule, then that is our prerogative.

Fascinating stuff.

Just so I'm crystal clear what you're saying here; are you of the opinion that Scottish Nationalism is as relevant/pertinent a movement to the supporters of Rangers FC as Ulster Unionism? Or are you saying each cause should be equally represented at Rangers?

Fascinating stuff.

Just so I'm crystal clear what you're saying here; are you of the opinion that Scottish Nationalism is as relevant/pertinent a movement to the supporters of Rangers FC as Ulster Unionism? Or are you saying each cause should be equally represented at Rangers?

i was simply pointing out that there are certain factions within the Rangers support with their own perogatives. You seem to be of the opinion we should all just agree, or accept, or join in with 1, so why not the other?

And it's difficult to say - there are far more Scottish Rangers fans than their are Ulster ones, i've no idea how many support Independence. I know alot. Not that they would sing songs or bring their political agenda to the football - i was using it as a comparison.

Oh, and i know your frothing at the mouth and i'm calling this song out for the embarrassment that it is, so i'll give you some leeway that you might be blinded by your outrage, but don't take my opposition to the song as anythign to do with disrespecting the armed forces.

I wouldn't disrespect them, especially not by pretending i fought the IRA in a song, when in actual fact, they are the ones putting themselves in the firing line, while i sit in front of a computer and attend football matches.

This thread started badly and has fallen away ever since. There comes a time to call it a day on a topic and this one has long since passed that point.

I disagree, this thread has become very illuminating. We're starting to see what's really behind the confusion over our songlist. It's clear that some of the club's employees and supporters are "embarrassed" by any links to Ulster, real or imaginary.

Only by understanding people's feelings will we be able to remove the lingering uncertainty.

But....

Thank fuck you don't go to the games and are only confined to the internet.