Ally say's we will need new team

Allanger

Is this his way of admitting he's made a pigs ear of it since the summer?

We should have an established core - instead we have Templeton, Wallace and a couple of exciting prospects trying to break into the team, combined with garbage like Black, Shiels, Sandaza n Kyle. Jig Is nearly retired and we don't have a Defense or a Keeper.

The worst part is we have the 2nd biggest wage bill in the country, and possibly the best resources to pull on, the biggest support, and the best long term draw in Scotland.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love this place. A squad built in 2 weeks will have to change, adapt, develop... Shock horror.

Not being funny mate at the start of season i would agree but with 8 games of the season left are you honestly happy with what you pay to watch.

LOL Love the way people leap onto this - the same people that say we need to make changes are criticising the manager for saying we will need to make changes! Go figure dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't!

You do realise the lack of credibility your argument has now with this statement? You have said given time to develop the players and work on a long term strategy ally is the right man and it would be wrong to bring in someone new to start fresh....well it seems ally is effectively writing this season off and showing he has no long term strategy! Surely you can see the level of concern regarding comments like this?

I wasnt at this press conference so dont know who asked the question, nor have I heard or understood the context of what that quote by our Manager was all about,so am gonnae no make any comment on it, except to say that we do need 2 centre halves and a QUALITY midfielder. And getting the squad motivated and players playing in their proper positions goes without saying.

He's not going to replace a whole squad each season at all but if he makes a few key improvements each season we will be in good shape. I'd expect as we progress our present first team will gradually move on or become squad players and only the best will survive. Wallace, Temps, McLeod, wee Barry and maybe little. The others will be phased out. I hope he does this by geting in guys no older then 23 and the team grows and evolves together adding value.

Indeed but we are being told we in effect need new squads for each division we are in which to me sounds like there is no thought going into building something while we are in these lower divisions.

This was my fear when we got demoted, this mentality about buying our way back to the top in the quickest, simplest manner possible rather than actually addressing the problems we had before. What are we really doing other than pissing money away on players we clearly have no faith in for other than a years work?

It's a crazy path to go down, especially as it seems to be SPL players who are expensive in comparison to the level that we are competing at that we are trageting.

If we were planning to go down the build for the division that we are in route then we should have cherry picked the best players from the division above us (something that rfc52 has said on a number of occassions this season)

Our current approach screams of using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

We have a team full of SPL and international players, who if managed properly would walk back to the SPL.

This is the key point. At this level the players need to be managed and coached properly. Ally seems to want to buy the finished article - have we learned nothing from the last few years?

Wait a minute, most on here have slated the players as not being up to the task. The manager says the same thing and now it's wrong, fickle or what.

how come black was a player that was doing the buisness last year, bossed the final against celtic has some how became poor?

how come a guy like sandaza can score a shite load of goals with st johnstone then come play with us and become poor

templeton doing the buisnees for hearts ran liverpools defence ragged comes to play with us and becomes poor

champions league player, seria player, sheils etc hell lets go back last year, smiths championship winning side under ally, made a complete arse of it, players slating his training er lack of training methoods tell me i don't need to pint out the obvious?

fucking iphone, can't be arsed fixing it

You do realise the lack of credibility your argument has now with this statement? You have said given time to develop the players and work on a long term strategy ally is the right man and it would be wrong to bring in someone new to start fresh....well it seems ally is effectively writing this season off and showing he has no long term strategy! Surely you can see the level of concern regarding comments like this?

.., and you get a that from a 140 character or less tweet - lol no context - no surrounding comments just your interpretation of a 3rd hand tweet

Pish in comparison to what ? Rangers teams of the past? Yes. Current SPL teams? Probably. Teams in the Scottish second division. Absolutely not.

We do not need a new team to negoiate our way through the Scottish Sceond Division.

You are right of course we don't need a new team. I think what is much more likely is a couple of proper quality players a season if we can get them just so we don't have to buy a team for the SPl all at once. Steady improvement, discard the weakest each year and move on.

Could this be another covering g of Ally's back, if things go the way the football is just now , well I did say we needed a new team!

Ally get your act together and forge a team from the players you have , after all someone at the club believes you have the skills to be a manger.

Just go and show us.

Good points made by Ally; there is still uncertainty affecting the playing side of the club, and hopefully that will get sorted soon as to where we are playing etc.

Sorry have to disagree, the manager apart from being able to get a team playing attractive winning football, he also has to know his players as individuals and motivate them.