East Stirlingshire player mocks ibrox disaster

sillybilly

East Stirling have been through the wringer over recent years, losing their ground, nearly going broke etc

they have rebuilt themselves up from pretty much scratch;

During Rangers time in Div 3 there has been a really good relationship developed between the two clubs, hell there was even a shire fan posting on here for a while

what this idiotic shire player has gone and done will be seen as a major source of shame and embarrassment for East Stirling

there will be punishment im sure

What he said.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compromising your career and potentially ending up in jail because you are consumed with hatred. Classic Timmy.

Hope the horrible wee cretin gets what he deserves.

The daily record has it on website now. Career over one thinks.

Doesnt seem to be there anymore. Hopefully its been taken down due to an impending court case, but I doubt it. Most likely taken down as it shows scumtic fans for what they are, and not the fitting with the propaganda.

Guest Andypendek

And what racist politician would that be, Andy? :pipe:

Canny mind her name, some woman who wanted to stop immigration. Bit rich coming from an Aussie, I thought.

He really needs to be made an example off, especially from some of his past tweets posted on here by MTOF.

AND..... he's been warned by his club and the PFA on how to deal with the social media, yet he still goes ahead and tweets like he does.

Unless it's part of Scottish football to hate Rangers and their fans, what excuse does he have?

Shit! I'm giving his defence lawyer a good defence for the indefenciable.

Canny mind her name, some woman who wanted to stop immigration. Bit rich coming from an Aussie, I thought.

Ahhhhh! You are referring to the redhead redneck from Queensland; Pauline Hanson,who went from fish&Chip shop owner to the "Female Enoch Powell" then to oblivion in the space of a few years.

She was regarded by the main political parties in Australia as having the same policies as Hitler used in Germany in the 1930's; rising to power by blaming a section of the population for all the ills of the country.

She appeared as a shooting star and disappeared like a damp squib.

Footballer Brett Molloy has denied he made offensive remarks about the Ibrox disaster that have led his club, East Stirlingshire, to apologise to Rangers.

The Under-19 player faces police and club investigations after the remarks on social media site Facebook.

"I've been hacked and now getting thousands of hate mail," he said on Twitter. "I have nothing to do with this and it will be investigated.

"I've been training and no idea what's been happening. Totally shocked."

Mr Molloy is alleged to have made remarks about the 1971 crush among the crowd at a match against Celtic that led to 66 deaths and more than 200 injuries on an exit stairway to Rangers' ground, Ibrox Stadium.

Despite his claims of having his account hacked, Shire printed an apology to their Scottish Third Division rivals on their website and announced that disciplinary proceedings have begun.

'Potential outcomes'

Chairman Tony Ford said: "The player concerned has already been spoken to by club staff and has been told he will be the subject of a disciplinary procedure.

"I will not prejudge this, but I believe the individual concerned understands the possible implications and potential outcomes."

Mr Ford pointed out that the club and the Professional Footballers' Association in Scotland had warned players about the potential risks of using social media.

The chairman stressed that the club had participated in initiatives to "combat sectarianism, bigotry and hate" and that he felt a "sense of shock and revulsion" over the remarks.

"I am horrified that a player connected with our club can express such opinions," he said. "I am sure all Shire supporters will join me in condemning these words.

"On behalf of everyone at East Stirlingshire Football Club, I would like to apologise for the actions of this individual.

'Sickening posts'

"As chairman of the club, I would like to express deep regret for the distress these words will have caused the families of those who lost their lives in the Ibrox Disaster.

"I would like to say sorry to all Rangers supporters for the grossly offensive nature of the descriptions used and I would also like to apologise to the officials, staff, coaches and players of Rangers Football Club."

Shire's apology was replicated on Rangers' website and the Glasgow club added: "East Stirlingshire have issued a full apology to Rangers Football Club following sickening posts made by one of their club's teenage players on a social networking site about the Ibrox disaster.

"The 1971 disaster, in which 66 people died, resonates deeply with all Rangers supporters and it is truly abhorrent that anyone could see fit to mock such a tragedy.

"Rangers condemns the sickening comments made and we note East Stirlingshire have issued a swift apology to everyone connected to the club."

Shire had lost 3-1 at Ibrox on 2 March after taking a surprise lead over the league leaders.

Strathclyde Police said: "We can confirm that a complaint has been received and inquiries are ongoing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...entral-21869335