CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Repeatedly as well

I think he's employed in the PC bandwagon cottage industry where being offended is everything

Even when they have to resort to lying and making things up like Paul Elliot and his imaginary banana throwing at the game that never happened

Maybe hes just an idiot.

Only Asian people are allowed to be uncomfortable with the word?

People from Pakistan dont get offended at the term Paki, Not any i've came across. It's is short for Pakistani like Scot is for a Scottish person. For some reason this country loves acting like offended Catholics these days and everyone wants to be offended.

Same.

I have a guy on my Facebook and his Dad's from Hong Kong, every Saturday without fail he's posting about looking forward to his 'chinky' :lol:

Someone actually commented 'Is that no supposed to be offensive to you mate?'

His reply of 'Shut up ya dick, that's what it is' said it all.

Having dealt with racist abuse it's quite easy to spot/feel what's offensive and what's not, unless you're looking to be offended.

I guy I went to school with was Vietnamese and he overheard me at a party suggesting we order a chinky. Cunt pinned me up against the wall and threatened me with a kicking. I apologised as he could fight like fuck.

There was no malice in what I had said but it offended him and I nearly got a doing.

Posters on this thread still trying to claim it's ok in context are starting to do my nut in. :(

I guy I went to school with was Vietnamese and he overheard me at a party suggesting we order a chinky. Cunt pinned me up against the wall and threatened me with a kicking. I apologised as he could fight like fuck.

There was no malice in what I had said but it offended him and I nearly got a doing.

Posters on this thread still trying to claim it's ok in context are starting to do my nut in. :(

bloody chinkies and their kung fu

Did he want an Indian then?

The moral of the story is learn to fight and you can call people what you want :D

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

An Asian Bear tells us Asians find the word offensive and very eloquently gives the reasons why they find it offensive.

Yet we have 20+ pages trying to justify why the word is not offensive...

An Asian Bear tells us Asians find the word offensive and very eloquently gives the reasons why they find it offensive.

Yet we have 20+ pages trying to justify why the word is not offensive...

He is Indian hence why he's offended at being called a Paki, If i was Indian the last thing i'd want to be called is Paki, The question is Green refers to Imran as Paki....Is he indian or is he indeed a Pakistani? If the latter then in no way is it offensive.

He is Indian hence why he's offended at being called a Paki, If i was Indian the last thing i'd want to be called is Paki, The question is Green refers to Imran as Paki....Is he indian or is he indeed a Pakistani? If the latter then in no way is it offensive.

I don't think anyone called the OP anything

People from Pakistan dont get offended at the term Paki, Not any i've came across. It's is short for Pakistani like Scot is for a Scottish person. For some reason this country loves acting like offended Catholics these days and everyone wants to be offended.

I don't want to be offended but I'm uncomfortable with the word, that's beside the point though. It was a bit silly for him to use it in an interview, whatever the context, as it does nothing but bring yet more negative press.

Surely it's completely subjective though?

Anyone with a brain knows that the statement, (all of it) has not done the club as a whole any good. That is the CEO job, what would he have done if one of the members of staff or players referring to one of there mate as a Paki, he would be forced to take action against them for the good of the club. It is complete and utter madness to come out with something like that.

Anyone with a brain knows that the statement, (all of it) has not done the club as a whole any good. That is the CEO job, what would he have done if one of the members of staff or players referring to one of there mate as a Paki, he would be forced to take action against them for the good of the club. It is complete and utter madness to come out with something like that.

Aye that's the way I see it. It's no different to him calling a guy his "n***er" friend.

It was a stupid time to talk to the press and even more so the Sun after the last few days and what's been written in that rag.

Chuck should keep his head down for a few weeks or so now and get on with the job of rebuilding the club, to give the Rangers hating obsessed beasts a chance to now label him a racist was an O.G. to say the least.

Having said that never heard much from these clowns when Sellik C.E.O. liewell said it's okay to call Rangers fans the h word.