Green should apologise for his comments

Hi Ozblue, there seems to be a campaign by the media and press to turn fellow bears against each other. Their problem is that they can not stand the thought of our club getting stronger again, when they thought that they had killed us off. All our fans need to stick together and show them, that their tricks will not work, and through time will be back at the top of Scottish Football once again.

With a big support like our, we will always have some who go off the deep end but you are right Mistral we need to keep calm and not let those who stir the pot up set us. Unfortunately they will keep stirring as Rangers sell papers, the more sensational the more papers sold appears to be what they believe.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst it was unwise, and there was no need to open the racist debate, I can't see why Green should apologise.

He did not call anyone an inappropriate or abusive name. He merely related a story about how he referred to his mate and mentioned anothers nickname. Neither of these was aimed to cause offence and neither did.

As for his comments on the team, he was pretty much spot on, at all levels. The team is collectively a very poor one due to us being in the 3rd div and under a transfer embargo.

The teams results have also been really poor, esp considering our wealth in cash and resources.

Given scotlands troubles with sectarianism, I'd think what Green nicknames his mate are hardly relevant.

Hi Ozblue, there seems to be a campaign by the media and press to turn fellow bears against each other. Their problem is that they can not stand the thought of our club getting stronger again, when they thought that they had killed us off. All our fans need to stick together and show them, that their tricks will not work, and through time will be back at the top of Scottish Football once again.

G'day, minstral. I'm not one for conspiracy theories and I tell it as I see it,just like CG it seems, but when a story like this hits what appears to be every front page in Scottish media then i have to stop and think;WHY?

If I was asked where do i see this current team as opposed to every team I've seen since 1953, then I would have no hesitation in saying that apart from 1-2 players it was arguably the poorest bunch of Rangers players I have ever seen in my life, both individually and collectively, so if people want to hear the truth, Green was giving them it.

Was he playing to the gallery? NO in my opinion because I think a straw poll of Rangers fans (and non-Rangers fans also) would agree with him, so why all the furore about it from the media, day after day?

Answer: They want to split our club and drive a wedge into our supportes, management and investors, and I must say by reading some of the shite on this forum,they are doing a successful job of it.

People seem a wee bit short of memory here,because they seem to forget that if it wasn't for CG and his syndicate, the majority of our supporters might be spending their Saturdays in a bingo hall OR walking past the facade of a red brick building on Edmiston Drive that used to be a football park.

He should know which thoughts should be shared and which he should keep behind closed doors. His remarks on fasicsm and racism are of no benefit whatsoever to us. Historically we have been renowned for conducting our affairs in a classy and dignified manner. Bill Struth, Wullie Waddell and Walter may have privately agreed on many things that CGpontificates on but would NEVER have let rip with many of his utterances. So would you rather we sacrifice our ethos for plain (and at times embarassing) speaking or should he do more and talk less?

Why should Green say sorry for speaking the truth. It is the poorest Rangers team that i have seen in my lifetime.

I'm sure it's also true that he thinks Ian Black is a bell-end, he'd like put Peter Liewell in a vat of acid and wishes his wife would agree to a threeway with Carol Vorderman. It doesn't mean he has to go and find a journalist and tell them though, does it?

Why do folk complain about Ally "not acting with the dignity befitting a Rangers manager" because he wears a tracksuit, yet jump to the defence of a chief executive who talks to journalists about "pakis", calls people "google-eyes" and slags the current team. It's totally lacking in dignity and it's fucking embarrassing.

Agree with his comments about the worst Gers squad, however in this day and age (like it or not) the CEO of Rangers should never be making such statements.

I want someone who will stand up for my club, not someone who could embarrass it every time he opens his mouth. This is not Sheffield Utd. I have made the point in the past that its his way and we will have to take toe good comments with the bad. I have since changed my mind, if he can't think before he speaks he should not be the spokesman for Rangers.

A bit of class please Charlie.

G'day, minstral. I'm not one for conspiracy theories and I tell it as I see it,just like CG it seems, but when a story like this hits what appears to be every front page in Scottish media then i have to stop and think;WHY?

If I was asked where do i see this current team as opposed to every team I've seen since 1953, then I would have no hesitation in saying that apart from 1-2 players it was arguably the poorest bunch of Rangers players I have ever seen in my life, both individually and collectively, so if people want to hear the truth, Green was giving them it.

Was he playing to the gallery? NO in my opinion because I think a straw poll of Rangers fans (and non-Rangers fans also) would agree with him, so why all the furore about it from the media, day after day?

Answer: They want to split our club and drive a wedge into our supportes, management and investors, and I must say by reading some of the shite on this forum,they are doing a successful job of it.

People seem a wee bit short of memory here,because they seem to forget that if it wasn't for CG and his syndicate, the majority of our supporters might be spending their Saturdays in a bingo hall OR walking past the facade of a red brick building on Edmiston Drive that used to be a football park.

So the enemy is the media? Then why oh why does Green seem so intent in giving them free nuggets of gold every other day in order that they can sell more newspapers?

Show racism the redcard campaign have made a statement on it! Not ideal! Probably would be best for him to come out and apologise and explain better the point I think he was trying to make minus the terms that many seem to find offensive!

<p>

I have a mate who is of Pakistani origin and was born in Scotland. He said that when he goes to Pakistan he is a jock in their eyes but in Scotland he is a Paki. He reckoned that people here use the word in two senses, one as a racial insult and two a descriptive word without any malice behind it. He said it is obvious to spot the intent behind the word when said to you and generally most people use it to describe that bloke who comes from Pakistan “ you know the Paki”. I will let you decide if he is right or wrong but he says it is the intent behind the word that CAN be insulting not the word it’s self.

I have Pakistani family and dont use the word paki but my cousin who is Scottish/Pakistani doesn't mind someone saying paki and knows only to well when someone is using it in a racist way.Green isnt making a racist comment just pointing out how times change.People should stop looking to be offended and dry their eyes.

Guest Andypendek

Quick word in defence of bloggers - for the vast majority, the only reason they want clicks on their site is for self-satisfaction - there really is no money in it as far as I can make out. You can do google ads or something but if it makes anything it must be pennies. I've never earned one penny from blogging, anyway.

Truth is that we have fans of all ages and views. I never can understand why we are supposed to be this monolithic bloc of people who all think exactly the same just cause our dads or uncles took us to Ibrox when we were seven. 'Turn fan against fan' might be some kind of rallying cry but outside of following Rangers there's BOUND to be areas where fan would disagree with fan.

Which, I suppose, is why employees of the club should stick to football, football, and nothing else but football. Talk about anything else and straight away you create division.

I hope Charles is learning the value of sometimes saying nothing.

Load of shite. Players talk to Ally who talks to Green. Sort it indahouse.

Green was right at the time and was only saying what most fans were feeling.............. if any non-triers feelings were hurt then too bad.

As for 'my wee paki friend'. If Imran is offended he'll be the first to tell CG. Both big boys. Too many PC bloggers/wankers trying to blow the issue up to get more clicks on their blogs. Almost remind me of a set of journalists in ....... wait which country was that again???

Exactly, Far to many people want to blow this up to proportionate sizes.

The witch hunt to get Green out has started and is now gaining big momentum.

Why do folk complain about Ally "not acting with the dignity befitting a Rangers manager" because he wears a tracksuit, yet jump to the defence of a chief executive who talks to journalists about "pakis", calls people "google-eyes" and slags the current team. It's totally lacking in dignity and it's fucking embarrassing.

Name names.

I don't trust Green, I don't trust Ally (as a manager)

However I find Green's comments refreshing, he calls a spade a spade and a darkie a darkie something that is lacking in today's pc world, I have wartime letters of my father who refered to darkies when he was on service, it was an accepted form of speech, he had never met one before so had no bias or predudice towards them.

If Ally believes this is not the worst Rangers team and this league was one of the hardest too win then he needs to look at himself.

Ally and Green have a long way to go to prove themselves

So the enemy is the media? Then why oh why does Green seem so intent in giving them free nuggets of gold every other day in order that they can sell more newspapers?

The simple answer to that question came from a mate of mine who was a long term Sheffield United man ( he was a director at one stage)

Roy (my mate) told me that while at the Blades, Green worked to the mantra that any publicity is good publicity in his books whether it's controversial or not, so it appears he hasn't changed his ways since the 90's.

So if that is the case then it could be that Green is deliberately "placing" controversy in the shop window because he has already got his answers ready in advance.

No matter whether we think he is right or wrong, he's arguably making sure that the name of Rangers isn't far away from the minds of the football world.

I don't trust Green, I don't trust Ally (as a manager)

However I find Green's comments refreshing, he calls a spade a spade and a darkie a darkie something that is lacking in today's pc world, I have wartime letters of my father who refered to darkies when he was on service, it was an accepted form of speech, he had never met one before so had no bias or predudice towards them.

If Ally believes this is not the worst Rangers team and this league was one of the hardest too win then he needs to look at himself.

Ally and Green have a long way to go to prove themselves

That is no longer the world we live in, rightly or wrongly. Perhaps it would be refreshing if he was speaking on behalf of himself. He needs to learn quickly that when speaking on behalf of Rangers a certain level of class is required. In the last month or so his statements have been seriously lacking in that respect.

If he continues like this he will become an embarrassment to our club every time he opens his mouth.

I am not interested in Charles Greens personal opinions on matters outside of Rangers and think he should know better and keep his controversial comments to himself.

Rangers are in the crosshairs of enough haters as it is without us drawing more negative attention unnecessarily. In terms of the PC brigade I also detest all the over the top sensitivity in the world today, however I am intelligent enough to know when and where to voice my personal opinions on the matter.

Making such stupid comments to a Sun reporter makes me sincerely question Charles Greens characteristics as Rangers CEO.