New Xbox

skinnymate1690

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both new console generations still wont be as good as a PC is currently.

Don't know why people bother with consoles in general, the top end of gaming seems to suffer because of the limitations of having to develop games for the console as well

Don't know why people bother with consoles in general, the top end of gaming seems to suffer because of the limitations of having to develop games for the console as well

Console's cost £200, Decent spec PC to last a few years £800

for the first time if you have a sony made product your getting a north south bridge which will speed up the games and should stop console crashes. (wont stop game freeze or crash dumps though) just when the console freezes and this will also speed up the reading of RAM as well which will speed the game up and cut loading times as an added bonus.

Not everyone can be arsed updating their pc to keep up with graphics etc consoles are great and will always have a place in the gaming industry so pc fanboys will just need to suffer :lol:

I havent had any problems with my xbox, had the slim version for a while now! I havent touched my PS3 for a while so I really have no idea if I am going to opt for the new Playstation or Xbox!

The slims are fine you'll always get faulty ones like anything else ofcourse it was the original white one that were cunts had afew of them with the red ring carry on but had my slim since day one and no probs.Im also the same might revert back to Playstation but more than likely will probably stick with Xbox but I'll see what both throw out there (tu)

speeding up games, cut loading time, I'll believe that when I see it

most likely develope a rrod or blue screen syndrome

The south bridge stores RAM and it should improve the way the PS4 runs having said tbat the Xbox has had it from the original and that freezes sometimes no idea how it will work in practice though.

Not everyone can be arsed updating their pc to keep up with graphics etc consoles are great and will always have a place in the gaming industry so pc fanboys will just need to suffer :lol:

Plus the fact you dont get all the great exclusives from Sony or MS...Third Party games only.

The slims are fine you'll always get faulty ones like anything else ofcourse it was the original white one that were cunts had afew of them with the red ring carry on but had my slim since day one and no probs.Im also the same might revert back to Playstation but more than likely will probably stick with Xbox but I'll see what both throw out there (tu)

Aye, know what you are saying, went through my fair share of them.

Console's cost £200, Decent spec PC to last a few years £800

Consoles only costs around £200 a few years after release... but to humor you!

Combine the cost of your console and the laptop/PC that you're posting from and you'll find it cost more than a mid range gaming PC. Not to mention the fact that PC games are cheaper than their console counterparts, so the initial outlay is quickly recouped.

PC gaming does not require the commitment or the cost that people think it does.

Combine the cost of your console and the laptop/PC that you're posting from and you'll find it cost more than a mid range gaming PC. Not to mention the fact that PC games are cheaper than their console counterparts, so the initial outlay is quickly recouped.

PC gaming does not require the commitment or the cost that people think it does.

The simplicity of consoles will always beat a pc though!

In a few seconds from the other side of the room I can switch it on, boot it up and be talking to my mates, playing a game or watching sky.

PC would have to wait on it booting up, start steam or whatever then find the game.

Then the fact that most AAA titles are ported over to PC anyway and are most of the time terrible as they are optimized for consoles!

I play games to have a laugh with my mates and that is what a console is all about!

I used to be a PC gamer i know exactly how much it costs, Im also looking to get back into PC gaming purely for Race Sims...And it costs ALOT!

Purely for a good Graphics card the now which will last me 3 years your talking double for what i can pick up a brand new 360, infact i could buy a 360 and PS3 for nearly the same price.

Ive had the same PC for about 3 years now and plays every game Ive ever bought for it, the "you need to upgrade all the time" is a load of shit, you only need to keep upgrading if you want to play every game on maxed out settings, and yes I know you will need to upgrade at some point but it's the same with consoles you will need to upgrade to the latest console when it comes out, I have an XBOX and PC and it depends what type of game I'm playing, I find XBOX is better for games like GTA with PC for RTS games.

With PC I like the fact people can makes addons or Mods for games whereas with the Consoles your locked to whatever the publishers put out and you will need to pay for it.

The 1 big thing that puts me off consoles is there is no real social scene and the games lack soul, with games like CoD on the console you will go in to a server play the game then leave with a PC online FPS games you can pick your server and keep going and get to know other regulars on the server, join the clan/guild who run the server or join another clan and play proper clan matches, in general the clan if it is half decent will have a website and Mumble or teamspeak, consoles can't do this and I've seen clans on console but they don't really seem to have any real organisation and until the consoles can get this sorted then they will always lag behind PC's.

• 3 weeks later...