New Xbox

skinnymate1690

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total clusterfuck!! It's trying to do too many things... when the reality is that people just want to play games.

1-0 to Sony.. at least they've got their priorities right.

Sony focused on games, X-Box focused more on a fucking freeview box type thing :lol:

News regarding pre-owned games.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.

"On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play," a Microsoft representative told Wired.

The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.

The Wired article then elaborates: "What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner."

It added: "Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc."

Microsoft did not disclose what the second-user fee would amount too, and did not clarify further on the matter.

The article claims that there is no sweeping 'always-online' requirement for future Xbox One games.

Not even kidding, that preowned thing is absolutely shocking.

The amount of games me and my mates trade and borrow is huge and to not be able to anymore is a complete downer.

Game and other retailers currently not doing too well will have to most likely buy much more stock now rather than getting pre-owned games coming in by the minute. Not good.

Also the more obscure games you can usually find preowned amongst a pile in the shops, no more.

Really disappointing!

Also backwards compatibility should be a feature, I've always said that for each console, and it's another absolute annoyance.

On top of that, the Xbox just seems like another one of these devices you'd have about but not use so much.

It seems to be looking at the more "living room" style device.

Who, "in the blue hell" will keep their xbox in their living room and use it for all these features. Not me.

I've always had my consoles in my bedroom, because I use them to, funnily enough, play games.

This is no longer a games console. It's a device which seems to feature tonnes of apps, which you are best using elsewhere anyway, like, I don't know, your sky box?!

Even now, who the hell goes onto their 360 to go on facebook, or youtube, or Internet Explorer?! NOBODY.

It's a games console, and I'm quite angry at the way they're trying to portray it as a luxury living-room device.

On top of that, the Xbox just seems like another one of these devices you'd have about but not use so much.

It seems to be looking at the more "living room" style device.

Who, "in the blue hell" will keep their xbox in their living room and use it for all these features. Not me.

I've always had my consoles in my bedroom, because I use them to, funnily enough, play games.

This is no longer a games console. It's a device which seems to feature tonnes of apps, which you are best using elsewhere anyway, like, I don't know, your sky box?!

Even now, who the hell goes onto their 360 to go on facebook, or youtube, or Internet Explorer?! NOBODY.

It's a games console, and I'm quite angry at the way they're trying to portray it as a luxury living-room device.

I use it in the living room - primarily to wirelessly stream downloaded videos to the TV via my PC (which is up the stairs in my office attached to my router). I also use it for Netflix and youtube in the living room. I have done this for years and found it great.

My skybox can do none of these things. I think the Xbox is a great device in the living room - though no doubt that smart TV's are including this functionality nowadays- but I dont have one of them.

I also have another 2 xbox's which also provide this functionality in the games room and in our "den" - though the kids use them for games a lot - but theres no doubt the youtube and netflix functionality is also used in those rooms as well