He's no bright spark

The guy's not just an Electrician. You think he just walked in off the street and said - 'Hi there, I'm a simple common sparky and I'd like to put this spare £1m of mine in to the football Club'. Ally is just using the 'he's not a real football man' angle to belittle his suggestions in public.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The ridiculous 'dossier' was undermining McCoist. Why shouldn't he have a right of reply?

Its the manner of his reply that is concerning. Not a positive point just 'he's just an electrician (incorrect) what does he know'. If he had taken the opportunity to lay out his vision as opposed to 'there won't be big changes' and 'they're free transfers for a reason' it would be less worrying. Some of the 'free transfers' may be players coming to the end of their contracts and not signing a new one for their own reasons. Has he forgotten about Bosman?

As I said before I think Ally should get another season to show what his 'vision' is but, worringly, from recent statements there appears to be nothing that will move the club forward, on or off the pitch.

Its the manner of his reply that is concerning. Not a positive point just 'he's just an electrician (incorrect) what does he know'. If he had taken the opportunity to lay out his vision as opposed to 'there won't be big changes' and 'they're free transfers for a reason' it would be less worrying. Some of the 'free transfers' may be players coming to the end of their contracts and not signing a new one for their own reasons. Has he forgotten about Bosman?

As I said before I think Ally should get another season to show what his 'vision' is but, worringly, from recent statements there appears to be nothing that will move the club forward, on or off the pitch.

It's no more than the dossier deserved, it's pure and utter fantasy from start to finish which undermined the manager and painted him as a footballing dinosaur.

It's no more than the dossier deserved, it's pure and utter fantasy from start to finish which undermined the manager and painted him as a footballing dinosaur.

Unfortunately Ally is doing a good job at confirming that impression recently. Can you explain how its 'utter fantasy' and would you not like someone in who doesn't, with massive evidence to the contrary, think that training methods havent changed for 30 years? I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong but even I know training is vastly different compared to 1983.

Unfortunately Ally is doing a good job at confirming that impression recently. Can you explain how its 'utter fantasy' and would you not like someone in who doesn't, with massive evidence to the contrary, think that training methods havent changed for 30 years? I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong but even I know training is vastly different compared to 1983.

He said it hasn't changed much in 30 years, that's slightly different. I have no idea what happens in training sessions and neither do you.

This is talking about starting from scratch at a youth level, bringing in a director of football, 33% wage turnover, buying the right kind of players. It would require serious money to be thrown at it and Zen like patience from a notoriously impatient support. It's nice sentiment but never in a million years would any of that have even a chance of coming to fruition.

This is talking about starting from scratch at a youth level, bringing in a director of football, 33% wage turnover, buying the right kind of players. It would require serious money to be thrown at it and Zen like patience from a notoriously impatient support. It's nice sentiment but never in a million years would any of that have even a chance of coming to fruition.

If I was to write the opposite of what you just said it's read like this:

We should not revamp our youth system. No director of football. A higher wage turnover than 33%. Buying the wrong kind of players. Doesn't require serious money to be thrown at it. The fans are impatient and expect results today so the Club must bend to this and act accordingly.

Yeah, you're right. You've detailed exactly how the Club is being run right now which is depressing. Is that you Ally?

He said it hasn't changed much in 30 years, that's slightly different. I have no idea what happens in training sessions and neither do you.

Maybe not at Rangers but I do at other clubs, even those at junior level! Are you seriously telling me that players aren't fitter, faster and stronger than 30 years ago? If theres not been much change why did we invest in Murray Park? An impatient support should not stop positive parts of the plan. The Youth set up is in need of overhaul, how many players have been bought in and shipped out just as quickly? Wages at 33% of turnover should be easily enough to get us into the top division. What 'serious' money does it need? Apart from a director of football it needs the right approach from top to bottom and finding the right scouts to identify the right players.

It would seem that there are dinosaurs in the support as well as, potentially, within management.

Maybe not at Rangers but I do at other clubs, even those at junior level! Are you seriously telling me that players aren't fitter, faster and stronger than 30 years ago? If theres not been much change why did we invest in Murray Park?

No, I'm seriously trying to tell you that I don't have a clue what goes on at training at Rangers. You appear to have imagined me telling you the bold part.

An impatient support should not stop positive parts of the plan. The Youth set up is in need of overhaul, how many players have been bought in and shipped out just as quickly? Wages at 33% of turnover should be easily enough to get us into the top division. What 'serious' money does it need? Apart from a director of football it needs the right approach from top to bottom and finding the right scouts to identify the right players.

It would seem that there are dinosaurs in the support as well as, potentially, within management.

What are you basing that on exactly? Rangers don't really do big sweeping changes, especially if it doesn't achieve instant success.

No, I'm seriously trying to tell you that I don't have a clue what goes on at training at Rangers. You appear to have imagined me telling you the bold part.

What are you basing that on exactly? Rangers don't really do big sweeping changes, especially if it doesn't achieve instant success.

And thats your reason not to do it now!! doh Manchester United didn't do sweeping changes until SAF appeared (you remember the Fergie out campaign). Thats not been a success has it? Investment was not great it just took time to bring players through. We have that time and its time that the club moved forward with a strong vision to take it as far as possible.

Good ideas are good ideas, it doesn't matter which source it comes from. Frankly, reading that document, almost all of it seemed like a very good target for our club to aim at. I don't know if McCoist is being serious here, or playing down these ideas since the document was leaked. If he is being serious, it's a very strange thing to say, you can get very young players in for almost nothing - that's where our focus should be.

Yes you are correct, and the Clubs that do this in Scotland are not looking to win trophy's, they are looking to survive, we have done the survive bit, let's look to the winning bit.

And thats your reason not to do it now!! doh Manchester United didn't do sweeping changes until SAF appeared (you remember the Fergie out campaign). Thats not been a success has it? Investment was not great it just took time to bring players through. We have that time and its time that the club moved forward with a strong vision to take it as far as possible.

How long did it take fergie to get everything right at man u? Same as dortmund it takes time.

I don't know where i stand anymore but given what Ally has put up with in the past 18 months i am sure as hell going to give him a chance with a full transfer (summer) window behind him.

And thats your reason not to do it now!! Manchester United didn't do sweeping changes until SAF appeared (you remember the Fergie out campaign). Thats not been a success has it? Investment was not great it just took time to bring players through. We have that time and its time that the club moved forward with a strong vision to take it as far as possible.

Eventually it worked, aye. That's what I'm saying it requires time and patience which is rarely afforded at Rangers unless it brings instant success. Man United hadn't won the League for a couple of decades and were in Liverpool's shadow - it's a different situation.