Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

Yeah, I know. It's just sad that they have to devote as much time as they do to continually finding fault in a Rangers legend.

Yup. Sad... but true.

You get the feeling that McCoist could blaze a trail of free-flowing football all the way back to the top and some on here would actually be bitter because they were proved wrong.

I just don't understand it. We are where we are and some of our fans want us to be playing like Brazil circa 1970. It's not going to happen in leagues where, if you take some time on the ball to dribble or pick out the best pass, you will most likely end up being put up in the air.

If anyone has ever seen The Warriors, we are gonna have to bop our way back... all the way home.

Yup. Sad... but true.

You get the feeling that McCoist could blaze a trail of free-flowing football all the way back to the top and some on here would actually be bitter because they were proved wrong.

I get the feeling your spouting more shite.

Love the deflection every time your 'arguments' get shown to be mince!

Check out Mr "It takes a 51% shareholding to control the club" calling someone else's argument "mince"!! The club was so skint that a dud like Whittaker was paid £1m a year to stay. That would explain why he was sent off against Malmo. He was unsure if he'd be paid so he had one eye on his bank balance all game, right?

And the reason McCoist led Rangers to 4 humiliating Cup competition exits last year was the side letters issue, the EBT scandal and the fact that we didn't get David Goodwillie, is that it? As the players lined up for the Malmo game, Shagger was whispering to Davis, "you see, it all depends whether the payments were considered salary or bonuses..."

Yep, poor wee Ally right enough.

What a load of bollocks.

... but the lack of credit for getting 9/15 points in front - from a rookie manager dealing with all sorts of background shit - dammed for losing the league no credit for making said lead

Celtic were truely awful and dropping points every week. Lennon was 20 mins from quitting mind

Check out Mr "It takes a 51% shareholding to control the club" calling someone else's argument "mince"!! The club was so skint that a dud like Whittaker was paid £1m a year to stay. That would explain why he was sent off against Malmo. He was unsure if he'd be paid so he had one eye on his bank balance all game, right?

And the reason McCoist led Rangers to 4 humiliating Cup competition exits last year was the side letters issue, the EBT scandal and the fact that we didn't get David Goodwillie, is that it? As the players lined up for the Malmo game, Shagger was whispering to Davis, "you see, it all depends whether the payments were considered salary or bonuses..."

Yep, poor wee Ally right enough.

What a load of bollocks.

so are you saying if I had 49% of a companies share and you had 51% you would not have control of the club? sure a large minority share holding can influence direction but if you don't realise that it takes over 50% to provide control then you are pissing in the wind - like you are with your other arguments!

Ferguson won major trophies at previous clubs after a couple of years building a team, it was not instant success. I would like to see McCoist put his faith in youth as SAF has in his teams.

McCoist has been successful as a player and as a coach. He won major trophies as assistant manager at Rangers. So I would say his apprenticeship was a success. So he knows what it is like to win. It is a matter of transferring that to the players.

You highlight Mourinho as a having natural talent? He was the first man to actively train, educate and map out a full plan to become a football manager. He worked his way up and there wasn't an instant success at a huge club. He is who he is because of hard work and determination, not by natural talent.

As I previously said, he has had one eye on being the manager and one on the board room. He has no time to worry about what is going on at board level. He needs to be fully focused on developing football players. He no longer has to distracted with Smith in the boardroom but early on he was getting involved in all sorts of meetings at the SFA and SPL with CG. It didn't appear he had much of a choice in those. Did any of the managers above have to deal with this sort of thing? McCoist needs to be made accountable for the football squad and then left to do is job, then he can be judged. So far he has won one trophy. So no, I'm not getting carried away.

In his 1st season at Aberdeen he reached the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the league cup final, Next season he reached the SC final, The next season he won the league, With Aberdeen !

McCoist cannot get past the 2nd round of a cup competition with beter resources, He can't get past QOTS, Falkirk, Inverness and Dun Utd.

Cannot believe you are even attempting to dispute that Mourinho has the natural ability to be a manager

Yup. Sad... but true.

I just don't understand it. We are where we are and some of our fans want us to be playing like Brazil circa 1970. It's not going to happen in leagues where, if you take some time on the ball to dribble or pick out the best pass, you will most likely end up being put up in the air.

If anyone has ever seen The Warriors, we are gonna have to bop our way back... all the way home.

That is exactly the wrong tactics when playing against part time sub standard opponents,

Get the ball down, move it quickly and play the game at a high tempo with quick crisp passing and perpetual movement, The opposite of McCoist's strategy.

McCoist would not know what to do with the Brasil 1970 team, who would he play at right and left midfield and who would be the 2 defensive midfielders and who would be sitting 5 yards in front of the back 4.

Who would be up front trying to control 60 yard passes with no support ?

so are you saying if I had 49% of a companies share and you had 51% you would not have control of the club? sure a large minority share holding can influence direction but if you don't realise that it takes over 50% to provide control then you are pissing in the wind - like you are with your other arguments!

Oh my. Have you seriously logged on to tell us that 51 is a larger number than 49?

Oh dear.

In his 1st season at Aberdeen he reached the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the league cup final, Next season he reached the SC final, The next season he won the league, With Aberdeen !

McCoist cannot get past the 2nd round of a cup competition with beter resources, He can't get past QOTS, Falkirk, Inverness and Dun Utd.

Cannot believe you are even attempting to dispute that Mourinho has the natural ability to be a manager

You have clearly long ago decided in your head that McCoist will be a failure and you are will to organise your thoughts to justify such a premature decision. Fair enough, I will remain open minded.

The only natural talent Mourinho has is the ability to focus his mind on a goal. Everything that makes him appear a "natural manager" has been studied and perfected by Mourinho, with complete dedication since his 20's. He has admitted this himself. He didn't just turn up one day being all amazing at management.

McCoist would not know what to do with the Brasil 1970 team, who would he play at right and left midfield and who would be the 2 defensive midfielders and who would be sitting 5 yards in front of the back 4.

Who would be up front trying to control 60 yard passes with no support ?

It's all irrelevant as there is no way Pelé, Clodoaldo, Gérson, Jairzinho, Rivelino, and Tostão could hack it in SFL 3.

If pushed, I would have Pelé sitting further back pinging those 60-yarders onto big John Daly's heid as the great Brazilian is always able to get it up when needed.

Just heard we are trying to buy out Faure's and Agiriou's contracts to get rid, both were given 3 and 2 year deals respectively.

In addition to that, we are 'hopeful' of signing John Daly who is 30 years old, and as such will have no sell on value.

Really makes you wonder what goes on in Ally's head sometimes. Just making all the same mistakes that led us into administration.

Just heard we are trying to buy out Faure's and Agiriou's contracts to get rid, both were given 3 and 2 year deals respectively.

In addition to that, we are 'hopeful' of signing John Daly who is 30 years old, and as such will have no sell on value.

Really makes you wonder what goes on in Ally's head sometimes. Just making all the same mistakes that led us into administration.

And fair play to you too mate... for not making three different threads about these points like usually happens on here! (tu)

It's all irrelevant as there is no way Pelé, Clodoaldo, Gérson, Jairzinho, Rivelino, and Tostão could hack it in SFL 3.

If pushed, I would have Pelé sitting further back pinging those 60-yarders onto big John Daly's heid as the great Brazilian is always able to get it up when needed.

Doubt if Pele would get a starting place with us.

Oh my. Have you seriously logged on to tell us that 51 is a larger number than 49?

Oh dear.

and yet you deflect - as once again you could not hold up your piss arguments when faced with some facts - oh dear!

Is this nonsense still going on ?

It must be a slow news week.

Put simply, there has always been a split over Ally. In the beginning there were very few against him and over time that has grown til now when they are probably now in the majority.

He will always be a hero to us, but sadly he isn't a manager. At best he's a diet Walter.

Like most, I wish I could say otherwise, but I can only see a progression of bad signings and poor games leading inexorably to him leaving or being pushed.