Dave King to buy Imrans shares

Jonok

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/

Contrary to reports suggesting that Imran Ahmad is trying to block a Dave King takeover of Rangers, my information is that Ahmad is happy to sell his shares to King and that the two are in discussions over it.

My understanding is that Ahmad can deliver shares to King that will help give him 29.9%, thus giving him a big say in matters Rangers.

Imran is understandably unhappy at the way he is being portrayed as a villain in the ongoing Rangers saga and is keen to find a buyer who will be a safe custodian of the club’s future.

Most Rangers fans would agree that Dave King fits that category and so it would be a great thing if the South African-based businessman could get such a substantial block of shares.

If so, it looks likely that the Rangers board will then include King and James Easdale as the Easdales are also increasing their shareholding in Rangers.

It must be emphasised that the Easdale brothers are bluenoses who have Rangers’ best interests at heart.

Along with the young turks such as Craig Mather and Brian Stockbridge, the Rangers board could be a powerful force moving forward, particularly if Walter Smith stays on in a non-exec role, something far more likely with King’s presence in the boardroom.

After turbulent times, the future is looking rosy at Ibrox, especially with the news that Malcolm Murray will be forced out after all the recent shenanigans.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/

Contrary to reports suggesting that Imran Ahmad is trying to block a Dave King takeover of Rangers, my information is that Ahmad is happy to sell his shares to King and that the two are in discussions over it.

My understanding is that Ahmad can deliver shares to King that will help give him 29.9%, thus giving him a big say in matters Rangers.

Imran is understandably unhappy at the way he is being portrayed as a villain in the ongoing Rangers saga and is keen to find a buyer who will be a safe custodian of the club’s future.

Most Rangers fans would agree that Dave King fits that category and so it would be a great thing if the South African-based businessman could get such a substantial block of shares.

If so, it looks likely that the Rangers board will then include King and James Easdale as the Easdales are also increasing their shareholding in Rangers.

It must be emphasised that the Easdale brothers are bluenoses who have Rangers’ best interests at heart.

Along with the young turks such as Craig Mather and Brian Stockbridge, the Rangers board could be a powerful force moving forward, particularly if Walter Smith stays on in a non-exec role, something far more likely with King’s presence in the boardroom.

After turbulent times, the future is looking rosy at Ibrox, especially with the news that Malcolm Murray will be forced out after all the recent shenanigans.

Just shows you what storys can do. The stuff i read last night on here was as if IA is stoping people coming on the board that want to do well for Rangers and it didn't look too good if murray was to go etc.......

Now BM is saying it's all good and IA wants to sell his shares to the right guy. And that the Easdales are "bluenoses"?

I thought they were Greenock Morton supporters?

Imran is understandably unhappy at the way he is being portrayed as a villain in the ongoing Rangers saga
Has he asked the fans if they feel that way?Cant help but feel this is CG and IA's out game. Fair enough, they've made their cash, time to move on.

Just shows you what storys can do. The stuff i read last night on here was as if IA is stoping people coming on the board that want to do well for Rangers and it didn't look too good if murray was to go etc.......

Now BM is saying it's all good and IA wants to sell his shares to the right guy. And that the Easdales are "bluenoses"?

I thought they were Greenock Morton supporters?

They are big Rangers fans but possibly have a soft spot for their local team.

Make way for the King, that's what I say.

IA can "deliver 29.9%" of the shares?

Really?

Actually, all he could possibly deliver is voting rights over those shares until December.

And with 42% of all shares being owned either by fans under the IPO or others with less than 3% each, it is difficult to see where the Easdales AND King could possibly both be heading towards substantial holdings.

Notwithstanding the fact that the Easdales do not anywhere near the finances required to mount such a share purchase.

And of course finally remembering that all these share sales & purchases do not put a single extra penny into the club.

IA can "deliver 29.9%" of the shares?

Really?

Actually, all he could possibly deliver is voting rights over those shares until December.

And with 42% of all shares being owned either by fans under the IPO or others with less than 3% each, it is difficult to see where the Easdales AND King could possibly both be heading towards substantial holdings.

Notwithstanding the fact that the Easdales do not anywhere near the finances required to mount such a share purchase.

And of course finally remembering that all these share sales & purchases do not put a single extra penny into the club.

i think the easdales only wanted a say on the board and they will be getting that with this meeting. they might not bother buying anymore shares leaving king to pick them up imo of course.

As long as we get a board that can work together (and respect each other) in the best interests of Rangers Football Club and its stakeholders I will be happy.

I am hoping this is for real. I have no reason to dislike or distrust MM, but if he is the stumbling block to getting everyone on the same mission then clearly he needs to step down. I hope it can be done decently, and that he gets the respect he deserves- as I understand he played a significant part in the success of the IPO.

Whilst we have a few gentle differences of opinion on RM- the one thing we all tend to agree on is that no one person can be bigger than the Club.

Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability, Stability and maybe a bit of stability.